The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Only trouble is that route out of Bracknell might have traffic backed up from the road towards Windsor.  however I see the media are repeating the official line that if you want to drive to Windsor on Saturday you are advised to aim to be there by 04.00 as it is expected all the car parks will be full by 06.00.  Mrs Stationmaster did suggest that if I wanted to avoid a day of wedding watching on Saturday maybe I could go to the model railway exhibition I had mentioned as being on in Bracknell - I thought it only fair (and very prudent) to remind her that I'd be going to Stoke Mandeville the following weekend, i think that had something of an effect.

Count yourself lucky with 98 quid for a windscreen job - the Good Doctor's service and MoT etc cost me £246.49 yesterday! (but she will no doubt promptly repay me as she's usually good at that sort of thing)

Mike normally people will travel via the Motorways and just sit in the queues, Slough M4, Staines M25 and Bagshot M3 will be choc'o'block you might get snagged

at Maidenhead for a while  but Joe public motorist :senile: doesn't know what an A road is neither do those bloddy Sat-Nav things :girldevil:  you can alway cut through White Waltham

and down to Bracknell if the traffic grinds to a halt. I can't see what the attraction is to go to Windsor to look at back of some ones head or a castle wall and if your into

third rate Royalty and Z lister actress it's best watched on telly at least you will see someting :boredom: , it's not my cup (MUGA) of tea but I do wish them well.  

enjoy your evening  O. Cromwell  :biggrin_mini2: 

I nearly forgot I had 5 hours today operating the layout and doing minor repairs great fun better than doing buqqer "awl" 

• Like 14

Evening all. Been on a touring holiday for a while and avoid papers and telly so I am a bit out of touch. What's this royal wedding I now read about? Have Liz and Phil been living over the brush for seventy-odd years and now want to make it official? We should be told these things. 

Best wishes to all those ailing at the moment, perhaps it is because I am out of touch but the list does seem to be getting longer. Stay safe all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

EGM completed successfully so the Leeds Model Railway Society is now a CIO....

Some discussion ongoing about building another "front" for the Chapel en le Frith fiddle yards...

Feeling carp again so night all!

Baz

Morning All,

We had rain again overnight, so this morning is rather cool and misty.

There isn't a lot else to report, so I guess it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 19

Good morning one and all

Yesterday afternoon was quite fun.  Area Group members "helped" Strawbrick finish his outdoor test track and Mrs Strawbrick had made Welsh cakes, truly a delicacy in Hemel Hempstead. 

Meanwhile there is no movement as regards he who messes with my head.

Chrisf everyone has their own ways of dealing with problems, sometimes you might have to upset others sorting it out to your satifaction if they are true friends

they will come round and see your side of thing at some stage I had the same thing years ago and I popped the matey on the nose to my amazement everyone

else gave me a pat on the back I'm not saying that's what you should do but you could mention thing in front of the others you might just twist that nasty mind of

his, he could be that ignorant that he doesn't know that he is doing it.

Parts of this plan have their attractions.  Popping him on the nose, as you so delicately put it, founders because you have to be with someone to do that and I have yet to find a way of sending a punch via Messenger.  That medium is the only one available to us with which to communicate, unless things change.  As I type, replies are outstanding to two messages.  This could be because he is abroad on business and cannot reply.  On the other hand, he could be fed up with questions aimed at helping me understand the reasoning behind recent developments and the anomalies that they have thrown up.  On past form, if I upset him I get to know about it quickly.  The other day he chewed me up because I sent him a message at 5.30 am and the beeping of his phone woke him.  Yesterday I mentioned "Jealous Guy" partly in jest.  On reflection, it is possible that he is not in full control of his new relationship and the embargo on meeting/seeing certain people may not be entirely of his doing.  How on earth do I discuss that with him?  Taking a few days off from walking on eggshells is probably a good idea.

Today I must unload the weed killer from the car [no connection with the last paragraph!!] and decide whether I can wait until tomorrow before venturing out to buy more runny honey.  When I water the strawberries once I have bathed I will check whether the ripest is ready for harvest.  If it is, that would be a month early.  I should be so lucky.

Warm thoughts and best wishes as usual go to Debs, whom I still do not envy one little bit, Andyram, Robert and his dad, Tony and Aditi, Simon, Mal and all others in distress.

Chris

Edited by chrisf
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all and Many Happy Returns of the day to Rick,

Sunshine and mainly blue sky here at the moment and it should be a fine day.

Sainsbury's run is scheduled at about 9.30, quelle surprise!

I might garden today as the grass seems to be growing along with the weeds. Some of our new plants are starting to flower, some appear to have been nibbled a bit notwithstanding the slug pellets that I scattered liberally t'other day.

Really pleased with the mpg on the new car, already hitting mid 50s without really trying and doing (mainly) short runs. The Focus was mainly low 20s and only got to mid 30s on a long run.* This will probably not surprise or even impress some of you  but to me and my wallet it seems that the modelling fund could prosper.

More tea required and it sounds like The Boss is stirring. (After years of getting up at 4.00am for work she has gradually adjusted to rising at a sensible time) It seems to coincide with shortly after whatever time I've taken her up a cup of tea.  :scratchhead:

Have a good one,

Bob.

* PS and I've got quite a light right foot.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

Very many happy returns to Rick.

I am off on a train today. It is for a routine visit to the Royal London Hospital. So this will probably be Benfleet to Barking and then tube to Whitechapel. I suspect there will be bloodtests after seeing the consultant.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Once again the sun is shining, I should have been doing some more work in the workshop this morning, but we seem to have some kind of leak under the bath! So I will be removing the bath panel and investigating the source instead. I don’t think it’s a constant leak, I suspect the bath overflow my well be passing, which if it is, will be a bu99er to fix! I’ll make a start once Sheila has left for her Zumba class.

Rick. Happy birthday

Tony. Good luck with your hospital appointment.

Jamie. Great news.

Back later

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All from a sunny village close to Lancaster,

Both 30747 and I have managed to pick up a bug which is causing sore throats and many other things.

As ever, greetings are on offer to all - and a happy 61st to Rick.  ChrisF - I would seriouly suggest ditching the e-friendship which is causing so much anguish.  Is it really worth it?  Jamie, pleased to hear that the growth was benign, must be a worry lifted so you can get on with the move with another issue resolved.  And of course, the usual wishes for Robert, Tony, Mal, Simon, and Andy - and of course her Debship - anybody whom I have omitted is an oversight, and please forgive me.

30747 has again been called into work, due to illness - and at 61, being stuck in a room with 30 screaming under fives is becoming a little tiring for her. 

Car is in for a major service and MOT this afternoon, so a minimum of £205 before any other remedial work which might be involved - and that is in a cheap garage, though the mechanic is Peuguot trained.

Back tomorrow

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

Happy birthday to Rick.

Good news for Jamie.

Currently sitting in the chemo ward of West Cumberland Hospital getting my 5th dose out of a planned 6. Lots of banter going on with the nurses and another patient. One of the nurses quoted “a happy wife for a quiet life” to which I responded “a quiet wife for a happy life!” Much laughter followed along with a dare to repeat that at home. I am not that brave!

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

This train now has Wi-Fi. The C2C stations have had it for some time. The National Express branding has been replaced by subtle Trenitalia logos though C2C remains most noticeable.

• Like 15