The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all.

It is much cooler this morning and it has rained during the night.

Bins and bags have been put out and taken/emptied.

We are off to Basildon later this morning to start the process of rewriting our wills. Everything before was really set up to provide for Matthew but both his passing and our financial situation being somewhat different to 25 years ago means we should organise something more up to date. By coincidence MiL is going to sign her new will today.

Yes, I've had quite a few clients rewriting theirs....

• RMweb Premium

Trying to POOTATIEPD

"on time as tomorrow is exhibition preparation day."

Tonight will be a late shift with the final details.

Catch up later - maybe.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 16

Have you been looking at the driving standards thread.....?

(One BMW owner has got into a strop)

Cheers,

Mick

that's 10 minutes of my life I won't get back!

especially as it is now degenerating into how you've used the quoting...!

Ooo, whoopee, I MUST go take a look now.

Wonder if said BWM owner has seen this, posted on facebook by Dominic :O  :jester:

post-20244-0-15169700-1525969177.jpg

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 2

Sunny but breezy day here today, so most of it has been spent in the garden. Came inside for a rest mid afternoon, and the phone promptly rang. It turned out t9 be the X-Ray department at the local hospital, saying that they had a cancellation tomorrow morning for a CT scan, and could I make the time. I am now booked in for the scan just over one day after seeing the GP, which is pretty amazing!

Off shortly to a club running noght, so a few DCC locos have been packed for a run out.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

There is a person that doesn't like being quoted.I did it many months back and he got stroppy then!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I suppose I am responsible for the hoo-hah on the driving standards thread as I posted about the BMW recall and suggested the instalation of indicators, light blue touch-paper and retire. :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I suppose I am responsible for the hoo-hah on the driving standards thread as I posted about the BMW recall and suggested the instalation of indicators, light blue touch-paper and retire. :jester:

A picture paints a thousand words.

At least I didn't quote anyone....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There is a person that doesn't like being quoted.I did it many months back and he got stroppy then!

Cheers,

Mick

There, see how you like it. :P

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

Ooo, whoopee, I MUST go take a look now.

Wonder if said BWM owner has seen this, posted on facebook by Dominic :O  :jester:

attachicon.gifBMW-RecallJPG.JPG

A picture paints a thousand words.

At least I didn't quote anyone....

Thanks for the entertainment! Enjoyable here and on the thread itself.

Keep it up!

Mal

• Like 9

You better not tell them the German alternative meaning for BMW sometimes used by MB owners. Dom and Robert may know what I'm on about.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Cheers,

Mick

It's the only thread on RMWeb I have blocked myself off - I was in danger of using some colloquial language.

Opps - I've quoted you.

Quoting people stops them editing the post later and claiming innocence as has happened to me before.

TFIFT - Thank Flip It's Friday Tomorrow - for some reason even though this week is only 4 days, it feels like 400.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I have never owned or driven a BMW and have only ever been driven in one a couple of times. However it may not be the drivers of such vehicles all the time who are at fault. Once upon a time I had what was considered to be a hot hatch vehicle , an Astra GTE 16v. Lots of other drivers seemed to find it a target to overtake or beat from a standing start at lights or junctions. It was replaced by a Renault Scenic which didnt seem to be so provocative to those who felt threatened by a faster car.

I now have a sluggish 4x4 so it isn't a problem.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

My uncle had a series of BMWs for many years, including his works cars. He often drove the works cars at silly speeds.

Well he did eventually become a chief superintendent and a one time headed traffic division.

Meantime my PC software rebuild has continued well, for some strange reason the music player is sounding much clearer..latest updates I suppose..

Decisions have been made on mobile home plumbing, measurements for what I need will take place at the weekend.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

I have a BMW.  It has indicators, and all sorts of odd things - footpegs, grabrail.....and only two wheels.

post-10195-0-61986300-1525982387_thumb.jpg

But I don't get stroppy when people take the, er, stuff because they prefer sports bikes.  Or get quoted.  :jester:

• Like 15

Evening.

I have a BMW.  It has indicators, and all sorts of odd things - footpegs, grabrail.....and only two wheels.

attachicon.gifP1040926 (Large).JPG

But I don't get stroppy when people take the, er, stuff because they prefer sports bikes.  Or get quoted.  :jester:

The BMW bikers here are usually very good drivers. It's them Harold, Dave & Son lot you have to watch out for.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

MickB you are a very naughty boy! Why would anyone buy a car from a company who has "manufactured" emission levels to meet the required standards (yep the Brits do)and also why do we, in the UK buy German cars that have been emission tested on human beings locked in a room in the USA  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42876336??... and people are getting very wound up about driving a car which may or may not have indicators...flippin eck!!

Busy day today.. an honourable draw for the GSAL lads, one of whom scored a century (so a visit to Lords beckons for him in the near future). . Sunny day but with a very thin wind...

Just had a call to go to Ampleforth tomorrow for a bit of T20 umpiring....another long day beckons.

Sleep well all!

baz

• Like 15

Evening all. A very quick check in.

I hope you are all well - continued thoughts towards those in need of them.

After a discussion with the Doctor today he has decided to sign me off for two more weeks. He wants me to have attended the occupational health appointment before I consider going back because of the risk that a full time return my cause a backward step. Today has been mixed. Not good this morning but a productive afternoon and evening. 

Just a slight addition to my last post.

You may notice a slight addition to my signature - a bit of a clue to what sort of business I have been working on. 

Edited by andyram
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well the sun did reveal itself, but it was a bit cooler than of late. But it didn’t require me to wear a long sleeved shirt. Some more progress was made in the workshop this morning, I changed a small shelf for a slightly longer one, meaning I can now keep all my 12v tools together along with the associated power transformer, I’ve also found a small container than can house all the spare saw blades, sanding sheets etc.

Whilst at Waitrose this afternoon I topped up my beer stocks even further, as they had a few offers on that would have been rude of me not to take.

After tea Sheila suggested that we go to the Trafford Centre this evening instead of going there tomorrow morning, so that’s what we did. I didn’t mind so much, as it now means that I will now get a full day in the workshop tomorrow.

As for those who don’t like, or get upset about being quoted, perhaps they should keep their mouths shut!

Simon. Great news about the CT scan, I hope all goes well.

Goodnight all.

• Like 15