The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all,

A very pleasant lazy day spent doing not much. Our visitors left at midday as Joe wanted to get home to do some GCSE revision. Good lad!

I managed to doze off for an hour this afternoon but woke in time for a pre dinner drink. After a nice light meal accompanied  by a glass of Syrah I'm now back on the beer and my usual tipple of Pride.

Doesn't seem to be much of interest on the idiot box tonight (as usual)  so I may just go out and sit in the evening sunshine for a while with another beer or two.

• Like 19

Afternoon Peeps 

A couple of Buds have been necked

A. Kr.Nackeredone

You are dead to me. Blasphemy

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Thanks John for the update on Debs, sounds as if the chemo does not require a restricted diet. It reminds me of when my mum was undergoing radio therapy. My mum had been placed by herself in a side ward and my dad and myself had been chatting away to her for about half an hour when the sister came in and asked us how long we had been there. Half an hour was our reply to which we were promptly ordered out. It turned out that due to the radiation we should only have remained there for ten minutes. Neither of us suffered any ill effects but better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

I like to con people by serving them Bud in a glass.

"Oooh, this is rather nice. What did you say it was again?"

I'm actually quite fond of Budweiser on a hot day, well chilled, I think it hits the spot rather well, especially with a BBQ. It's very summer oriented however, it wouldn't suit any other time of year IMO.

Edited by Dick Turpin
  • Like 3

I'm actually quite fond of Budweiser on a hot day, well chilled, I think it hits the spot rather well, especially with a BBQ. It's very summer oriented however, it wouldn't suit any other time of year IMO.

Tread carefully! 'ere be dragons!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good evening, from a returned Fraggle Rock-ite.

Not as hot today but pleasant enough, shame to go to work tomorrow but as needs must.  We seemed to spend an awful lot of money this week away, but we were treating Deb's nephew and his lady to quite a few things.  Eats in a Caribbean bar was fun, been a long time since I had rum that strong....and never previously so expensive!  Great grub though.

ChrisF, I'm pleased to hear things are on the up, and maybe someone realised they had perhaps not behaved so well towards you.

Usual good wishes to all those suffering, Debs of course is foremost in my mind but several others not far behind.  Take care, friends.

• Like 18

Regarding beer and bargains, here's a tip. There's something to do with football coming up, and all the retailers will have stocked up in accordance. Once England is out of the aforementioned competition, and it doesn't normally take long, there will be a great deal of discounted beers of all types on sale at vastly discounted prices. Enjoy the bonanza and stock up!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Bullocks?

Preburgers :P

Rounded off a warm weekend with a stroll down to the Thames.  Found it flowing in the usual place.  Strolled back up to the Hill, prepared uniform for the morning and now about to hit the hay.  

G'night all.

• Like 19

Well that was a first......a hot and sunny bank holiday weekend!

So two barbies later ........

Lots of family stuff, BMAD bike festival in a very sunny Paignton, meeting up with other (mad) ex RM's for the Riders Branch get together, ignoring the plod and being just a teeny weeny bit naughty, after all, why not.

Had a great ride on the way back with 8 rascals on sports bikes thinking they could out run the old fogey on the Beemer....... yup they are ok on the straight bits but not so good when it gets bendy and interesting.....which most of our roads down ere are.

More family time today and finished off lighting the paraffin lamps and sitting on the decking with a cold one.

Best wishes to all of those that life's not being quite so kind to at the mo.

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Aditi wondered if all the Pimms drinkers were responsible for the lack of lemonade in local shops today. I had to buy beer and wine instead.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Aditi wondered if all the Pimms drinkers were responsible for the lack of lemonade in local shops today. I had to buy beer and wine instead.

Not in your local but there wasn't a lot left in mine.

• Like 6

Evening all,

Good to get an update on Debs, and just hoping that she doesn’t find the latest chemo too awful. Also thinking about ChrisF and enjoying his early morning updates, while hoping that things keep on the up.

I have been a bit blighted this weekend by a series of headaches. Not sure if they are as a result of my chemo or not, but I seem to have trouble getting rid of them, as I have been advised to avoid ibuprofen while on the chemo. Paracetamol just doesnt seem to do the job. I find that the best way to get rid of them is to sit quietly with eyes shut in a darkened room for half an hour.

In between headaches, I have been steadily clearing the veg patch in the garden, and plan to start planting of seeds and plants soon. I do like a home grown pea!

Evenin' all,

A very pleasant lazy day spent doing not much. Our visitors left at midday as Joe wanted to get home to do some GCSE revision. Good lad!

I managed to doze off for an hour this afternoon but woke in time for a pre dinner drink. After a nice light meal accompanied by a glass of Syrah I'm now back on the beer and my usual tipple of Pride.

Doesn't seem to be much of interest on the idiot box tonight (as usual) so I may just go out and sit in the evening sunshine for a while with another beer or two.

I wish I could say the same about Elder Lurker. All I can say is I suspect he is working less than I would hope but more than I fear.

Did our parents get so involved/ concerned etc?

Best wishes to Debs and Simon g and others who are suffering in various ways.

Sadly the good weather is not due to last but it has been much appreciated after what has felt like a long winter.

It would just be nice to see the swifts back; they’ve not arrived yet

• Like 18

E‘ning all. Beer o‘clock has come and passed. Hic. :jester:

From the category „things that only happen in the countryside“ ... :mosking:

42049e6a-6ddb-4a73-b88qty.jpeg

And a panorama taken just outside Rieden-upon-Forggensee (which is a reservoir currently drained due to hydro power station maintenance) ...

1aaa4a27-6fb6-49d5-8kzoab.jpeg

Do try to spot Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castles!

Night, everyone... :bye:

Them heifers look remarkably well behaved Dom, ours would be running up all the drives and climing all over the car!!

Thoughts with Debs and others in need

Night awl

• Like 16

Peco Code 83 is the likely choice......

Cheers,

Mick

If it's a main line, but if it's "up the junction" the rail could be a lot lighter and the sleepers a good bit narrower.