The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good morning one and all

The worst place I have ever been when there was nothing better to do than that was the Campanile Hotel in Wakefield.   It’s the sort of place where depression costs extra.

Chris

Sounds more like it comes with depression included!

Good morning one and all

As it is Saturday I will take the bus to the supermarket and treat myself to breakfast before a modest fodder run.

Chris

Will you be bringing the bus back after you have taken it?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning Peeps

I'm on the last leg of the decorating and hopefully we can put the house back as it should be/as planned on Sunday HER is not being

very helpful she more worried how the garden will look I thinks I'm going to load the Hippo waste bag up Monday In her dreams I'm 

going to rest the back up as I should have been doing weeks ago, Chrisf do take care fella you know we are here for you and don't 

forget to give them their bus back. :biggrin_mini2:

I see GDB has chosen a Chav-Black motor it would look good with Spinners  :biggrin_mini2: just in case you do have trouble climbing in and out of it 

there are some helpful items on the following website https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/car-and-travel-aids/ and don't forget to 

buy a crash helmet for any off-roading you will be doing we can't have you denting your head on the roof going over the bumps.

enjoy the sun while it lasts A Painter  :rolleyesclear:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Bright and sunny here, with swifts darting and zig-zagging through the air. Joyous to watch!

Adding my warm thoughts to Chrisf; doing something is much better than sitting stewing at home, so hope the shopping trip and concert go well.

GDB - is this the car that comes with a lawn-mower option or am I thinking of something else?

Gabe's away working today so I'm just about to pop out on foot to M'sons for some organic supplies; they'd get more trade from me if they had more organic fruit and veg, but what they have is appreciated.

Speaking of organic, had a very nice Black Isle Organic Yellowhammer beer last night - at just 4.1%, three went down a treat on a warm spring evening.

Hope you're all able to enjoy the sunshine, even from a hospital bed. Thoughts to Debs and others.

Mal

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Speaking of organic, had a very nice Black Isle Organic Yellowhammer beer last night - at just 4.1%, three went down a treat on a warm spring evening.

Mal

When we had a holiday on the Black isle a couple of years ago we went round the brewery and sampled several of their brews, excellent and very welcoming.   The Cromarty brewery further along the Isle was good as well.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The lawnmower option comes with the Dacia Sandero according to all the ads I can find, and talking of lawnmowers I rather wouldn't as the lawn is bound to be dry enough to cut within the coming few days.  Good to hear (if that's the right expression) that Chris has told the medical world about the black dog - hopefully it might lead to some help for him because the dog seems very reluctant to return to its kennel unfortunately.  anyway Chris you know we're here and happy to do whatever we cam to try and cheer things up even if it only amounts to take your Class 116 thread onto a few byways (which of course might do the opposite.

GDB your Steve has my sympathy as I did exact;y the same on my Peugeot a few weeks back - probably down to the age of the gas in the struts for the rear lid and obviously nothing to do with the age of the person opening it   On a brighter note we shall this weekend be making a visit to our favourite Italian restaurant in order to celebrate Mrs Stationmaster's latest completed circuit of the sun.  Also in order to smooth her culinary path over the weekend I think we shall today be making a pilgrimage to Greens the butchers in Pangbourne in order to hopefully secure not only some meat (various) but more importantly some of their pies which need only to be put into the oven in order to achieve perfection.  If I have anything to do with we will not be purchasing any of what they jokingly call  'pasties' which are made with mince and do not include the correct types of veg - but at least they appear to be the only chink in their culinary armour of excellence.

Have a good day one and all especially the suffering and recovering.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Arrived home from the Galleywood show a couple of hours ago, not a bad little show and pleased to see only two layouts that I had seen before. There had been a road accident right outside the venue just a few minutes before I left, the police were on the scene and there was no hold ups. A van pulling out of the venue had collided with a car on the road, hopefully the van was nothing to do with the exhibitors or visitors. GDB we have our own branch of P!ss takers R.Us. ensconced in our club. Last week when I visited the Benfleet show I purchased some raffle tickets. As I was going on to the Romford Show I asked some friends who were showing a layout to hold them for me. Lo and behold I won a prize, so they chose..... a ladys handbag and umbrella!  :mosking: They 'presented' it to me at the club Wednesday evening causing much mirth and jollity. Luckily we had a visitor from the church who accepted the return of it for future raffles.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Earlier, some German rapper-idiot posted a video of his "music" :bad:  dissing the RNV and effectively promoting fare-dodging. RNV is the collective of public transport systems in the Mannheim area. It so happens they have their own YT channel (Linie 13*) and they posted a rebuttal:

*worth browsing if you like cab-ride videos, they've put up a fair number of those from their network, some are over 2hrs long! :O

Mind, videos are obviously in German, except for the imagery ;)

My old stamping ground about 45 years ago, well Ludwigshafen opposite side of the Rhine to Mannheim but part of RNV. Its a quite extensive system, from Heidelberg in the east to Bad Durkheim in the west.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Just noticed that Jamies tug-boat has sold. I did put in a bid but was just pipped at the post, I was going to increase my bid but I opened up my e-bay to late. Whoever won has got a bargain, its worth more than twice that. You should have put a reserve on it Jamie.

• Like 5

Just noticed that Jamies tug-boat has sold. I did put in a bid but was just pipped at the post, I was going to increase my bid but I opened up my e-bay to late. Whoever won has got a bargain, its worth more than twice that. You should have put a reserve on it Jamie.

I don't think he's too worried as long as he can shift it. One less problem on his hands.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Phil, I'm happy with the result, the buyer is on his way from Sunderland at the moment.   I agree it would have been nice to get more.   However my main aim was to get something for a piece of work that has been in my loft for the past 30 years and has some damage that needs repairing.  I couldn't bear to take it to the tip so overall I'm happy but sorry that you didn't get it.   I've now got a nearly complete plug for a Battleship hull from WW1 to put on but that will go on tomorrow as I'm out next Saturday.   

Jamie

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

To shop we went -only to find that Greens didn't have exactly what herself was looking for so a menu reboot was carried out and we then carried on elsewhere.   The main feature of our trip was the cockwpmble quotient which seemed remarkably high, definitely a case of 'the sun brings them out'.  The prize must go to an OF (probably younger than me as it happens) driving a drophead Beemer who boasted far more than his share of total unawareness of the world around him but his prize winning exploit was stopping at a road junction to let a double decker 'bus out of a side turning - he gave it barely enough room for a Mini in width and took no account whatsoever of the 'bus turning circle.  Net result he sat there waiting with a queue of traffic building behind him and the 'bus couldn't move without hitting him.  Eventually he got the message and drove off; I had hung back from the junction anyway so then let the 'bus out across my bows making a right turn with a wave of thanks from the Driver - if it had moved when Mr Beemer was 'being polite it would have been one squashed Beemer, and hopefully one transfer from the cockwomble league to the Darwin Awards list.

After that the silly woman who seemed more interesting in stroking her hair and waving her arms about while talking to her passenger was fortunately an easy overtake even on Corsa (lack of) power - she subsequently disappeared from my rear view mirror after only three bends and a second hill to climb.   Judging by the state of the shelves in Tesco barbeque type foods and salad ingredients would appear to be in high demand - there must be a Bank Holiday coming up;  I hope Root One's car park won't be too full tomorrow as we're off on a plant hunt.  And laddo mowed the lawn for me today - result!!!!!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

I'm just back from an extremely successful Horning boat show, we've had record numbers turn up, the tea bar sold 15 large cakes divided in portions. Loads of hot sausage rolls, burgers sausages, along with a huge amount of other stuff.

We had up to ten boats out all day, taking visitors out for trips sailing.

Near the start, there was a microlight flying around towing a banner advertising the show.

I'm doing a slight imitation of a tomato, but if thing are normal I'll just go brown in a couple of days.

Meantime a eyelid inspection beckons,

Bye..

• Like 16

Afternoon <groan>

Well, whilst knowing that there are many, many ERs dealing with serious health issues and wishing them all the best, I want to moan about what really is a minor complaint, BUT, was pretty miserable in the local scheme of things.

Note we had the latest/greatest Shingles shot (apparently one of TWO doses delivered) Thursday evening. Arm a little sore, as predicted by the nurse and everyone whose ever had this thing.

The documentation says some people MIGHT also suffer from, headaches, entire body muscle aches, shivering, fatigue and a fever - Friday mid-afternoon I GOT THEM ALL!!

Very miserable evening, actually went to bed at 7PM whilst the Mrs went off to the play we were supposed to attend. Major doses of Ibuprofen managed to allow me to be "comfortable" and eventually sleep overnight.

Much better today, but it really did suck :O  (with apologies to those with real medical issues they are dealing with)

Off to shop for food and drink for the evening get together.

23 and a little sticky here, heading for 28 and some thunderstorms likely.

Have a good day all.

• RMweb Gold

23 and a little sticky here, heading for 28 and some thunderstorms likely.

I always get confused when cross ponders refer to temperatures.

This stems from some years ago going to Boston in January.

'Today's temperatures will be in the low 20s.'

Yipee thought I, T shirt and shorts................................

• Like 4