The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Having worked with 2 Padstonians (1 red 1 blue) I have many interesting experiences re OSS and the build up.....especially the 'cluckie'....

Some of the best laughs were from holiday makers.........one tw@t even asking us to move everyone on and out of the way one night, as he couldn't get thru in his Chelsea tractor.........he ended up in the harbour....and another who thought they were going to be sacrificed in some sort of satanic ritual!

• Like 8

Chewsday it is, and the first of May into the bargain.

Nothing exciting yesterday, BUT, we did take a nice walk around one of the lakes.

Reached 27C (80F) yesterday, close to the record, however, given our late winter snows and cold, the lake STILL has ice covering about 90% of it;

post-20244-0-93439900-1525178909.jpg

Quite "odd"...

Not much happening today, other than work, but have to run to the store for some a/c coolant recharger as we discovered the a/c in the car isn't working this spring! Probably will be OK without the need for an servicing, we hope :jester:

Jemma will also be dropping Whitney off soon as she's off on another 4-day trip today.

16 already this morning, expecting 21 for a high and cloudy with rain and possible thunderstorms.

Tally ho.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Lawns cut (albeit one is still very squelchy) spent time organising some umpires for tomorrow and Friday.

Visited Charlie Petty at his home as I needed a speaker and he had one...I have known charlie for 40 years and he has never changed!

Baz

• Like 16

Il Dottore, do let me chime in. Urban for certain, nothing like a beautiful bit of grot! Railways of the modeling kind  are often too pretty. Smelly, dirty yet  beautiful things are what I remember.....

You have “London’s East End Railways” by D. Brennand? Certainly inspiring me (and I know, Gordon S).

Best, Pete.

Need smellovision for the soap factory near Bruce Grove, Sarsons and Peek Freans near LB and many other smelly railway memories.

• Like 13

Lawns cut (albeit one is still very squelchy) spent time organising some umpires for tomorrow and Friday.

Visited Charlie Petty at his home as I needed a speaker and he had one...I have known charlie for 40 years and he has never changed!

Baz

Er......

are we talking underwear here?

Bill

• RMweb Gold

Er......

are we talking underwear here?

Bill

Bill there was one chap of that ilk who stank of p!ss on Saturday at Nescot must be the same guy GDB and I have encounted at the

Hampton Court club show on several occasions stained trousers and a filty grey shirt with a black ring round the collar he should

have a health warnig sticker put on him, a wide berth is required.  :bad:  :heat:

• RMweb Premium

been a busy day..umpires for two games tomorrow sorted out, a bit of crust earning done...now a glass of pinotage to calm me down...

Night all!

Baz

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Not a bad day.   Another part car load off to the container, the grass cut, many phone calls to various government departments made and successful and also several to transport companies about travelling with a mobility scooter that has Lithium Ion batteries.  It turns out that if the capacity of the battery is less than 300Watt hours (A new unit to me) you can take them on planes and ships as long as you put the scooter in the hold and keep the battery in the cabin.   

In the course of starting to finally tidy my modelling desk I've found all sorts of loco parts that may well be a match for the list of things that I need to complete two of the locos that are in France. That will help retain some modelling tokens as Doncaster in early June.    

Then finally a bit of fettling of a small metal thing that needs electrickery to make it move on strips of metal.   It's come out of the loft, hasn't run for well over 20 years and tomorrow at well get a run out on a well known layout somewhere near where a hurtling duck set some kind of record.

Time for a glass of amber nectar.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Need smellovision for the soap factory near Bruce Grove, Sarsons and Peek Freans near LB and many other smelly railway memories.

aaah, the aroma of custard creams being baked as you passed on the train at the same time checking the clock on the factory building to see how late the train was....

Keith

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. A bit late this evening as I spent a couple of hours running my recent acquisitions on a test track. The test track is at Leigh-on-sea so I collected my friend and his young son on the way. Unfortunately there was a serious accident on the A13 just before Sadlers Farm junction and I met the traffic jam shortly after I went on to the A13. I decided to leave the A13 at Pitsea flyover, just as well that I did as I observed that traffic was being guided down the access slip that goes towards Sadlers Farm. So as to not mess about I diverted to the A127/A130 and Sadlers Farm was pretty clear from that direction. There was a lot of flashing blue lights on the Pitsea side which suggests something pretty bad. By the time I returned it had all been cleared.

• Like 3

Morning All,

It is a nice, bright morning in this part of the world - but rather chilly!

The long weekend was quite, but enjoyable.

Time for a coffee!  Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner temple Here,

A terrible nights sleep, there has been a bit of stress over the last few days with major systems failing tests they had passed before. It was not till just before finish work yesterday the problem was found. Luckily one of the causes was about to be replaced overnight anyway. The other was someone plugging a "dirty" (in electronic terms) equipment into the clean supply. We have two mains powers supplies in the lab.

Anyway the effect of the relief of stress was I was very tired, and fell asleep at 20:00. I awoke at 22:00 when SWMBO was greeted By an Excited Ben the Border Collie when she came in from her weaving group. I normally stay awake til she's in. So i couldn't get to sleep for ages, so retired to the sofa so I could watch the news and slow my brain down.. eventually I fell asleep again around 03:00.. Up at 05:00 for work.....

I saw the great fried egg for a few minutes this morning as it appeared over the eastern Horizon, before disappearing, behind the steadily advance clouds from the west. More rain forecast...

Two cockwombles on the way home the first was outside this building, they approached the building and turned round by swinging onto the wrong side of the road and using our entrance to do a single spin round against the traffic. So I came out of our gate to find a car heading towards me...

Later on  along side the long line of parentwombles parked outside a school another parentwomble decided that it would be a good idea to park on the other side of the road half on the pavement. this left a tight squeeze or a car to get through. had the bus come along it would have blocked the road entirely...

Talking of busses there was a Green route ( park and ride) double decker showing not in use trundling along the NDR, now the Green route goes nowhere near where this bus was. So i wonder if they are trying out a possible new route...

Right time is up I have to go do some additional tests left over by the previous problems...

Time to, go do some work...