The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Rather a grey start to the day here. Rain is forecast followed by some sunny spells.

Yesterday some time was spent clearing stuff out of my old car, getting it washed and hoovering it out. It is now in a fit state to be handed over in the next day or two. I believe some people don't bother with things like that but I'm a bit old fashioned.

First task today will be to go to the jeweller's and pick up my watch which has just been serviced and "re-batteried."

After that I'm not sure what our plans are.    :scratchhead:    The Boss is slowly recovering and even managed a short visit with me to Sainsbury's yesterday. She's even talking about doing a bit of ironing today so must be on the mend.

Talk of Sainsbury's reminds me that I omitted to buy beer yesterday and am down to my last bottle. This is a parlous state of affairs and must be put right as a matter of extreme urgency. I now know what else I'm doing!   :yes:

After that I may switch on a small electrical box and twiddle some knobs and watch little things with wheels go round and round.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Chuckinitdarn here. The BBC weather map says rain till 1, the real Met Office says 11am. I know which one I believe...when you choose on cheapness you get carp! And the rules allow you to go on quality but you can hide behind parts of a rule.

A match to umpire today (Leeds Bradford Women's MCCU v Durham women's MCCU.) When the rain stops.

Enjoy Little Bytham Jamie, I enjoy playing with ex M&GNR bit.

Looking for positive news for all of our poorly ERs. This includes Debs, Mal, AndyRam and Simon as well as our missing ERs.. Duncan was last on here in January....

Have as good a day everyone

!

Baz

• Like 17

Good morning all from a very wet and windy corner of Derbyshire. Continued thoughts and prayers for Debs, Simon, Mal and all others who need support at this time.

ChrisF; I thank you for your concern and advice. When I saw the doctor on Thursday, I did explain the effect of the tablets. He said that the side effects should ease over the four week course. He has suggested taking them at a different time of day and has not prescribed any further sleeping tablets. The downside has been the fact I have now had three successive nights where sleep has been limited. I think the wages issue probably caused one and a sleepless daughter another. Unfortunately this has not helped the fatigue levels. On the positive side my mood does seem to be improving (until the times I have to deal with work). Like Chris, I am convinced the issues will ease when I leave the school. I have already decided to move on in the summer. Current plan is to work for the supply agency whilst trying to build the business.

Plans for today are set out. I am waiting in for a morning plumber visit in hope he will fix the blocked downstairs toilet. This afternoon I will be picking the girls up from Amber’s swimming lesson and tonight I will be on bedtime duty whilst Sarah attends a work meeting at the local pub.

Once everyone has settled I will pour a small measure of Scotland’s finest and toast our dearly departed friend. Jock - never forgotten.

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Our rubbish and recycling have been put out.

Tea made.

I suspect some tidying up will happen this morning. My cousin and her husband are coming to stay for a couple of days.

Tony

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

From a wet and windy village near Lancaster.

I've finally caught up and read and rated every post.  Supportive thoughts are sent to all the ailing and suffering.

Not a great deal to say here, a trip to Lancaster calls to visit the house of automated banking which once was Barclays with people..

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

On one of  the Norfolk Broads forums we also lost a Jock  he was from Ayr about a year ago, in his Honour they added this emoji to the sites set up...

post-15969-0-13107900-1525245165.gif

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s still chuckinitdarn ‘ere, I don’t think it’s stopped since last night. I’ll shortly be off to get wet, then get wetter, get dry and then get wet again, ie. I’m of to the swimming pool.

After dinner I will go to the big orange DIY outlet and avail myself of their 10% deduction on Wednesdays and purchase one or two items required for the workshop, a couple of roller blinds for starters and some spray paint tor the bench trunking.

Back later.

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. One good thing about the kerfuffle on the A13 yesterday. Just before I came upon the hold up a couple of cockwombles driving Teutonic penile extentions had overtaken me on the nearside, one on the slip road as I entered the A13. Both I observed had become 'trapped' in the traffic on the flyover, by all accounts that meant half an hours wait for the re-directed traffic to be sent down the slip road. A bit of sunshine first thing this morning but now has turned to rain and a tad windy. Best wishes to all ER's under the weather, be back later.

• Like 19

Very wet here near London Bridge. A portion of chips for lunch sheltering from the rain walking back from the chippy

I made it all the way to Borough Market, where I visited the Ethiopian food stall again.

Not sure my work colleagues are too impressed...!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Our house smells of North Indian cooking at the moment. I hope my cousin isn't too disappointed as we won't be eating that tonight. That is for tomorrow. We are taking our guests to a nearby Turkish restaurant tonight. Matthew said it was the best place we had ever taken him to. On a nice evening it would be a pleasant walk there but it is still raining and is forecast to continue.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

15 minutes and I head off to a big orange shed to pick up 1/2 ton of sand, it's still raining here at the moment along with a southerly 30 MPH wind, oh Deep joy...

Time to go do my time sheet...

Mostly sunny here in contrast to all the rain mentioned elsewhere. However, there is a cold breeze, so when I went out for the morning walk on the beach, I was wearing hat and gloves and was glad I did. Mrs G and schoolfriend are walking in Wasdale, which is where said friend lived as a child, when her father was warden of the Youth Hostel there. I have been cutting lengths of wood to help increase the depth of beams above our bedroom, and then increase the insulation there.

Edited by Simon G
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I thought I posted this at 9:18 this morning many of my post have been dissappearing of late

Morning Peeps

Prep!ssytating down here I was up early as there is no cutains up at the moment and I watched all the miseries that live in

the road go off to work hang-dog body language faces like slapped butts and a slamming of car doors It's nice to see people

smile once in a while :sarcastic: , having spent yesterday chasing paint around the ceiling it needs another coat and a heater with

16 bricks needs to come off the wall and a thousand and one dinks in the walls to fill :girldevil: will be in attendance to make sure 

the work is upto HER standard.

Have a good one  A.Slave 

Posted now 

Ceiling has been painted twice and looks a treat the heater is sitting in the conservatory much to some-ones dislike and one wall 

painted, I've been watch those with the face like a slapped butt this morning return from work still looking down trodden I'd top

myself if I ever got like those saddo's.

HER seems to be happy that we have progressed today Browny Points are amassing nicely.

enjoy the rest of the day A Slave  

Edited by 81C
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I was lucky, the rain stopped while I was driving to the big orange shed.

It's now sunny.

Just for a bit of fun, try this

https://www.16personalities.com/

A personality test,

It reckons I'm an architect, that's personality style not job.

It also said I was a bookworm as a child, which is correct, I read 10 books a week, I still read 3 books a week at least.

It also said I worked on my own which effectively is correct too.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

It's now sunny.

A personality test,

It also said I was a bookworm as a child, which is correct, I read 10 books a week, I still read 3 books a week at least.

I tried it.

I'm the new Witchfinder General..................

Evening Awl!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's now sunny.

A personality test,

I am apparently a Commander - but can't see those three pretty gold rings anywhere on my shirts.