The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Except he didn't :rolleyes:  Delay tactics from this kim character, biding his time re-unifying the Korea's under his "leadership", with nukes the other side has no option but to surrender their wealth to the Pyongyang elite. Cue the introduction of the Red Khmer "re-education camps" on an even larger scale and much more lethal for pro-US Koreans :rolleyes: And an exodus of Koreans to Hawaii and Continental US, including factories, capital and other resources and the imminent closure of Seoul's (heavy) industries. All that'll be left are empty buildings.

Oh sorry Dutchman, Ive removed my tongue from my cheek now.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

My best wishes to those ill, black dogged or just pi$$ed off.  Or all three. It's no fun.

A busy weekend was had, and a step forwards in Frankenfoot-ology.  I went out on a bike (Mrs NHN's BMW - it was at the front....and more importantly had petrol in it!) just to the club (5 miles) to see how I managed.  The went to Laxey for an icecream, and.....about 80 miles later got home.  This was a big day really, other than one short ride last autumn it was my first time out for 14 months since the accident.  Of course the foot was killing afterwards, but real tangible progress.  There was a time when I wondered if I could ride again - it's the gear changing foot and upwards pressure is MOST unpleasant - but it is now bearable. Happy NHN. 

• Like 9

Any chance this might knock Trump ... off the news for a few days? please

Sadly there's plenty of room over here for both the weekly, weekend twitterstorm and the beaming parents. Oh and another random shooting and van attack of pedestrians.

At least the spring weather is nice.  I will be out of town but we are forecasting record highs (high 20s) for the next couple of days.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.  Not sure if I am late on parade or arrived early for tomorrow.  

Redcar
That's the one which goes fastest.  As I recall any fast escape from that place is a good one unless it's just along to the even-worse desolation which is Cargo Fleet ;)

I have struggled to locate a document buried deep in a pile of electrons called Webmail tonight.  It is required for tomorrow.  An hour and a few blue mutterings after beginning the search a muggertee was enjoyed.  Moments later the document was located, printed and the electronic file moved to where it should have been in the Admin folder.  

I am now off to bed safe in the knowledge of something or other.  

• Like 5

Morning All,

We have a much more seasonal temperature this morning.  It is also a clear morning - looking out of my office window I get a very good view of the Großer Feldberg and the Frankfurt skyline in the distance.

There isn't an awful lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 19

Good morning one and all – a bit late on parade this morning

The weird goes on.  Whilst looking for something else on YouTube I found “Music Box Dancer” by Frank Mills, which was all over the radio getting on for 40 years ago but as far as I know never charted in the UK.  Result: floods of tears, soppy date that I am.  Later I felt the first stages of a gloom cloud descending and opted for a pre-emptive strike by venturing into the garden.  The volume of vegetation in the green bin remains encouraging but the quantity remaining to be culled most certainly does not.  Some therapy that turned out to be.  In mid afternoon my frustrating attempt to ascertain the venue of a concert in June saw me sending a PM to South Africa, my reasoning being that the artiste should know where she is due to sing!  Around teatime I returned to the captions that I drafted on Saturday and applied the fine tuning that should have been done on Sunday.

This morning the fodder run will be accomplished in as short a time as possible.  I need also to visit the bank and hope that its self-service account management terminals behave themselves this time. 

Tony and Aditi, what I have to say about insurance companies is not for polite company but a summary is that insurance covers everything except what happens.  Warm thoughts to you, Debs, Simon, Mal, Andy P, Andyram, owners of black dogs and all in distress.

Chris

• Like 1

Good evening everyone

Whilst the filler was hardening I cleaned the brassware on the front door.

Goodnight all.

And now [i am] you are the Ruler of the Queen's Navee?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Like yesterday the weather seems a little dull, but as I'll be in the the cellar with a paint brush in hand, the weather doesn't make any difference. Hopefully by the end of today both radiator covers will be ready for bringing upstairs and installing in front of the dining room and living room radiators. Bow ie points earned and bit more space in th cellar will be the result.

Enjoy whatever you've got planned for the day and I hope that whoever is struggling with the black dog, manage to keep it in it's kennel.

Back later

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Its a bit overcast now but the sun was trying to peek through earlier. I noticed that the mayflower was out just before the hot spell, on Sunday I passed plenty of blossom and the fields of oil-seed rape were in full flower rather earlier than usual. C & C's to all ER's under the weather, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A "bad" start to the day - woke up at 05:30 to see the train I was getting up early for running 30 early and already passing the "if you don't leave now you won't beat it" point.

Went to check the camera in the garden and had a sudden horrible thought that I'd left it in test mode - and I had, so nothing captured.

Sitting down at my desk drinking a brew and noticed a tyre turning move leaving Norwich, again too late to get it - don't know what this was but it's always something of interest, either slight through to very.

They say it comes in threes so that the three over with for today.

Of course in the grand scheme non of these things matter, they just about warrant a muttered "typical" and I move along.

Have a good day all - very dull here at the moment.

• Like 1