The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Very handy for Horns Green ;)

PS Thanks for the tip about Didcot on the 29th - a reasonable, and fairly local, alternative to Taunton that weekend.

:nono: Just make sure you are there (Didcot) in July for your Signal Box lecture it wouldn't be the same without it.

Brian

• Like 10

Moaning all!

Department reports:

i) RECORDS (Broken) and all these subject to additional amounts Wednesday when we're supposed to get another storm of 3-6 inches :rtfm:

Snowfall since Jan 1st - 70 inches, NEW ALL-TIME record for the start of a calendar year!

Snowfall for April - 24 inches, previous 21.3 in 1983

Single snowstorm, this weekend - 14.9 inches beating the 13.6 in 1983

ii) Famous misstatements

Having stated I wasn't going OUT in the carp yesterday, apparently the Mrs had another plan. A "play date" with her grand-niece continued as scheduled with the parents dropping the child off, and the Mrs graciously agreeing to have ME return said child at 6PM :jester: Roads were passable but slippery and I'd NOT have gone out for any other reason. :O

It finally stopped snowing late evening yesterday <sigh> <yawn>

-5 and sunny right now expected high of +2 and mostly sunny all day.

Right, back to work for me, carry on y'all!

Edited by Ian Abel

• RMweb Gold

:nono: Just make sure you are there (Didcot) in July for your Signal Box lecture it wouldn't be the same without it.

Brian

Ah, yes, when's  that - is it on Mrs Stationmaster's calendar I wonder? :O   What time does Root One open for breakfast on a Sunday? (too late as it happens)

• RMweb Gold

Ah, yes, when's  that - is it on Mrs Stationmaster's calendar I wonder? :O   What time does Root One open for breakfast on a Sunday? (too late as it happens)

I/We use the cafe at Blackbush Aerodrome a couple of Polish lasses have been doing a good breakfast for some time GDB will vouch for that, he really pilled it down last year before we arrived at Didcot. :stinker:  :swoon:  

Knutsford, sounds painful . :mosking:  

Derek

Edited by 81C
  • Like 14

BT Openreach sabotaged a small number of businesses in Ealing due to an accidental cutting of Internet and e-mail services, so we couldn't do much work in the office today. Our rivals, Messrs. Fisher & Myftari, a couple of doors down, didn't even bother opening their office when they discovered the breakdown.

Anyhow, that means I left early and have been pouring more fluid into the CX gearbox. According to the Citroën manual, and "alistairq", it's gonna take far more than just a litre of Dexron III to make any difference.....

Thanks Guys for all the messages, text  and telephone calls of support, it probably felt worse than it was, but after a rest yesterday and a good nights sleep last night, I feel better today.

Cheers,

Andy.

Was it the thought of driving around Manchester in a Ferrari? Think of the worry of where to park - like a Bentley in the environs of Buckingham Palace, they get taxed by HM.....

Glad you’re feeling better!

Best, Pete.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Brian

Evenin'  "Brian",

Are you going then because you don't appear to have booked a slot?

N. Osey.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Picking the kids up from school was interesting, I now remember why I don’t like doing the school run. As we’d never done the school run since the kids moved last year, Vickie very kindly drew us a map of where to go to pick to collect them. It’s a good job she’s not a cartographer, let’s just say that if she buried any treasure and drew a map of where it was hidden, NOBODY would ever find it!

Beer, beer, I need a beer!

• RMweb Gold

Evenin'  "Brian",

Are you going then because you don't appear to have booked a slot?

N. Osey.

Evening fellow Bradles

Kate mate It's normally me who prompts Drew into announcing it as I did this year I'm numerouno on the list I thought I had told you :dontknow: , are worried I wouldn't

be there to keep an eye on you. :blind: BTW I might have another buddy Steve hopefully he's coming along he knows he has a place on the tour we could be The

Three Pistolteers Bobos, Bobos & Stevos, blind leading the blind truth be known. :laugh: will you be partaking in the Cafe Noir Bush side of things?. :biggrin_mini2:

Iva Dunitt

Edit forgot to put down rude word  BUMble

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1