The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Today continued yesterday's ice. Biggest trip was to front sidewalk to hang 2 more bird feeders on the tree. The weather must be blowing in from Ian's. What we had today mostly was ice pellets -- no freezing rain which would coat tree limbs and hydro wires. (Some coating when I looked out a few minutes ago.  :( )

There is about 6" of very solid whitestuff in the driveway. Plowing was left possibly until it stops. We didn't try to leave home but some cockwombles were tearing down the street. 

Belated wishes to Debs. This is the second day of the rest of your life.

• Like 4

Good morning one and all

I had a very good weekend in Wakefield but getting there did not go well.  A fatal accident which had just happened on  the A1 near Stamford required three ambulances, three fire engines and two helicopters and closed the road completely.  After an hour and a half the police started turning the cars round and instructing drivers to head south along the northbound carriageway and take the road through Stamford.  I was lucky enough to be the second one out and to have stopped a few miles south of the scene to change the CD in my car player.  What if I had not stopped?  By the time I reached the show the locusts had gobbled up all the bargains in the bring and buy sale but at least I got there.  I had some very useful conversations over the weekend and one at least will help me address my confidence issues.

It’s a busy week ahead.  Today or tomorrow I will go back to the multiplex to see “Love, Simon” again.  On Wednesday there is Area Group lunch in Harpenden and the fine Welsh band Calan perform in Bedford in the evening.  The next day I have my annual diabetic eye screening.  Amid all this I have ironing to do, as ever, and hope that the ground I forked over a week ago has dried out sufficiently to be raked and the strawberries planted in it.  Oh, and I’ve been asked to write a book review for a magazine.  All go or what?

Tony S, thank you so much for posting the pictures of Matthew last week and continued warm thoughts to you and Aditi.  Debs, belated happy birthday, with the usual best wishes to all who are ailing, recovering or missing.

Chris

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A great weekend in Wiltshire at the TrainWest show. A reasonable journey back home aswell although we didn't have e to drive all the way.

Back to the Great White Worms and second consecutive weekday the previous one has been cancelled due to lack of train crew making ours busier.

Another full week of commuting.

Next show is Didcot in two weeks time.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning one, morning all.

It's a sunny one hereabouts as we limber up to another week at the coal face. 

Contemplating a return to traffic jam joy as the schools go back. 

And on that note.....ttfn

• RMweb Premium

Up here in Romaldkirk the wood is busy reshaping a tree nearby. Other birds are singing merrily and...we have to pack to depart after breakfast...bugggritt! My waistline has enlarged despite our long walks so time for a diet.

Hope all goes well for everyone today and that all who ail have as good a day as possible.

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

As is the norm for a Monday, Sheila is busying herself getting ready for her Zumba class, but that is where the normality ends of a Monday. What is the reason for the change you may well be asking, well the answer is that Ian has an appointment with the asthma clinic, where he is taking part in a ‘New’ drug trial. So today we are picking up the kids from school and well have to be there for just before 3:30. We’ve never picked them up since they moved school just over a year ago, so this is a first for us. So instead of spending the day, wealding a paint brush on the radiator covers in the cellar, I’ll be spending the morning in the kitchen making ‘red velvet cupcakes’ instead. Well they do say a change is as good as a rest!

Back later.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I've been AWOL for a few days, but have managed at last to catch up. 

Great to hear from Debs, in the cyber flesh, and to have a couple of updates from John as well.  Belated birthday wishes again.

Every post since my last visit has been read and rated, and much water has passed under the ER bridge since then.  Too much for me to be able to cover what I really want to say, so special mentions are on offer to every ER who is ailing, or is suffering any anguish, and congrats are also given where deserved.

Not a lot has happened over the last few days at 45156/30747 towers, though we have now changed estate agents to try to kick start the move, as the last one seemed to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.  This one is charging about three times what the last one did, but does seem to be a bit more pro-active in their approach to selling houses.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Humph! Apparently the bird which uses its beak to peck at wood is a banned item #stupidsystem

Baz

Just for fun as I have a couple of minutes with a mid-morning brew (can of Coke) actually - it's still sugar and caffeine)

A test of RMwebs filters..

woodpecker (this should be the full nine letters to describe the bird that uses its beak to peck at wood.)

woodpEcker

woodp ecker

edit - all good! Carry on pecking!

cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Just for fun as I have a couple of minutes with a mid-morning brew (can of Coke) actually - it's still sugar and caffeine)

A test of RMwebs filters..

woodpecker (this should be the full nine letters to describe the bird that uses its beak to peck at wood.)

woodpEcker

woodp ecker

edit - all good! Carry on pecking!

cheers,

Mick

all I can say to you is Scunthorpe

• RMweb Gold

Morning Awl's AKA Bradles

Slow start to today we are trying to clean up the mess from the decorating some one thinks I can do this with her stuck up my butt she wants to work in the last place 

where I have something to be done.   :banghead:  

Cockfosters to you all 

enjoy your day Havent Aclue

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Commiserations and congratulations where applicable.

Sunny and cloudy here but should remain dry. Good oh but I won't be gardening.

I surfaced rather later than usual this morning, well was actually woken by The Boss at 8.25 who brought me a cuppa tea which was needed badly. This may have had something to do with a quantity of alcoholic beverages that I sampled yesterday to accompany the various curries on offer, all of which were superb. A really great day was had starting at about 13.00 hrs and the last guests departed about 23.00  and we got to bed at midnightish, completely kernackered. This didn't stop The Boss getting up at 6.30 and finishing off the clearing up apart from a multitude of glasses that need washing and will be done by yours truly shortly.

After that a lazy day is planned as I don't intend to drive anywhere because I suspect I'm pretty sure blood/alcohol levels may still be a bit near the mark and also I have some rugby to catch up on.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit breezy here this morning with the sun popping its head in and out of the clouds. I spotted an ad for an exhibition at Sudbury this coming Sunday in this months Model Rail. I looked for more detail in the listings but there was no mention but with 18 layouts and 14 traders it looks quite reasonable at £4 per head (kids free). Muggatee is waiting so be back later.

• Like 12