The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Today is Matthew’s Day. We wish Tony, Aditi and family every strength. We are with you in spirit and I am sure every ER will stand shoulder to shoulder today and unite in grief.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Thinking of Tony and Aditi today. Tonight I shall raise a glass to Mathew, thanks to Tony he's been part of our lives for a long time now and we shall miss the stories of his exploits and achievements. May he rest peacefully.

Morning all !

Lincoln in chaos this morning as the A46/A15 Riseholme intersection is closed because of a vehicle ‘hitting the roundabout’ at 06.35 hours.

Turns out to be a drunk driver, now safely in Police custody.

If Lincolnshire didn’t exist, someone would have to invent it.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, the joys of Citroen ownership - you either love 'em or hate 'em.

I've never owned a Citroen - and I hate them... (Don't ask me how I've come to that conclusion - I don't know myself.)

:)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

Just had a message from Sister Jen. Debs herself is undergoing the next course of treatment and is feeling pretty poorly.

John, I realise that you are away at the present, but Deborah has asked me (via you) to pass on her caring wishes in support of your friends, Tony and Aditi. (she said she thought it's Matthew's cremation today).

They are very much in her thoughts.

Thnx,

Jen.

(we're not away - old dog is too frail so we cancelled)

Just had a message from Sister Jen. Debs herself is undergoing the next course of treatment and is feeling pretty poorly.

John, I realise that you are away at the present, but Deborah has asked me (via you) to pass on her caring wishes in support of your friends, Tony and Aditi. (she said she thought it's Matthew's cremation today).

They are very much in her thoughts.

Thnx,

Jen.

(we're not away - old dog is too frail so we cancelled)

God Bless Debs, in the middle of all her own trials and tribulations to remember Tony, Aditi and Matthew on this sad day

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi .

Just a quick post to say thank you for all your kind thoughts. I havent been able to individually respond to posts today.

I am just having a quiet moment by myself before rejoining the relatives who arrived this morning. Quiet as in by myself, as I think the hotel bottle bank outside our room is being refilled. I am ok but I don't feel like lunch. The funeral car collects us after 2pm. The funeral is at 3. The university chaplain will lead the proceedings. He offered to yesterday and his memorial to Matthew was so lovely we quickly accepted. Jennifer from geography admin will sing a traditional funeral lament as shen did yesterday.

Thank you all again.

Tony.

Edited by Tony_S