The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

' Evening er...morning(!) all from red dragon land.

Firstly, Tony and Aditi, my thoughts and best wishes go out to you both

and also to Debs, Simon and those who are poorly.

​and a belated Happy Birthday to Mrs Rick.

Quiet Easter, kids doing their own thing this year so just a turkey leg for the Sunday joint. The pack said:

Place on baking tray for 90mins.

Easy, or what?  I just did a few vegies.to complete

and there was plenty of meat for today as well!

I had quite a shock when I logged onto my email account over Easter and found my pocket may have a big hole in it come the end of the year (or so).  The shock / eggstatic delight  :yahoo:  was all the greater because I will be able to have a rake of (my longed for) Brentford branch line stone hoppers.  :good:  :sungum:

Other good news is the printing of the new brochure which I had the pleasure of designing for the miniature railway over at West Shore. Hopefully, I will get over there next week and get back on the driver's seat.  :locomotive: Hope the weather improves....

' Night all, nos da.

• Like 19

I’m really not a snob but when you have a photo thread about confusing models with the real thing and then someone puts up (otherwise excellent models) with socking great “Tension Lock” couplers then it ain’t!

Nothing against tension locks (well, not really) I’ve used them myself but I’d certainly hesitate to put a photo of them in such a thread when there are  some really great photos of great models that can be confused with the real thing.....

Rant Off! I’m turning into Ian.....

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The driveway has auto transmission fluid streaks after I tried refilling the CX's gearbox.

Landrovers don't have leaks... they mark their territory.... from new...

Mooring Awl, Inner temple here.

Not too bad a night sleep 5 hours in bed and another couple in too bits on the sofa.

We've had more rain over night, all the drainage ditched are full, flooding out onto the roads in places. On the NDR, the newly built embankments have canyons in them as the rain washes away the unstabilised soil on the sections that the grass hasn't yet grown or they haven't planted trees.

Squelching my way round the garden with Ben the Border Collie this morning the grass was wet enough to try to pull off my boots, it's alright for Ben he has 4 X 4 X Paw drive.

Next weekend is the Norwich Model Railway exhibition, so I must go off topic and post that on  various Norfolk Broads web sites, yes as I bore you with sailing, I bore Them with Model railways .  A work compatriot who sits near me will be exhibiting (wagons construction for behind live steam)

My Mother is still awaiting her Hip operation,10 weeks now, if she doesn't get one in the next couple of weeks she'll have to go for another pre-op examination.

This means my annual visit of my Parents to us, is on hold, normally that would be in May or June, But mum will need several weeks recovery before the visit.

Time to... go annoy some sailors...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Another dull day has begun and after last night's rain there's more to come. It may brighten up later.

Looks like a visit to the shops is the order of the day and I need to take my "best" watch to a jeweller. The battery needs replacing and whilst I can do that with my other watches this one's too good for me to mess around with. Not sure I could open anyway.  :scratchhead:

Tea has been taken up to Herself so I dare say she will be down shortly and cracking her whip!  :girldevil:

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Off to Maynooth later to visit where Matthew studied.

Aditi's brother, Raj and our nephew, Paul contacted usnladt night to say they would be attending the funeral tomorrow.

Tony

Morning all.

Off to Maynooth later to visit where Matthew studied.

Aditi's brother, Raj and our nephew, Paul contacted usnladt night to say they would be attending the funeral tomorrow.

Tony

Tony, best wishes.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Hey up.

It isn't raining here at the moment....shoch...horror!

The beck down in the bottom of the the Bay is chock full of water, the fields are full of water and yesterday my boots were full of water (large puddle deeper than I thought.

Youngest Herbert arrived after an interesting drive across the moors.

Pub quiz attended. Some of the questions were obtuse to say the least.

Today we may be going to play on the slotted at Whitby followed by some nice fish to eat for tea.

Tony, glad that things are running smoothly. I hope that it continues.

Positive thoughts to all who fail.

Baz

Ps Pete, you are a lucky man with the all sorts!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to someone on the N gauge forum,

Now I know why we have no gas,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43619732.

Thats the problem with just in time delivery, one hiccup and it isn't.

I'm seriously looking at a more reliable replacement but what, more coal anyone?

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

There has been a bit of a theme that there is always "one" at a funeral. Aditi's uncle in California rang to berate MiL for not attending and leaving us "alone". She is too frail.

Change of plan for this week. We were going to Wales but the old dog is just too old and suffering from age to enjoy it. We've just got back from the vets and she said that for her age she's doing really well. We know we haven't got her for long, so all time is precious.

So it's a week of clearing up, I've been told :)

• RMweb Premium

Salve, citizens. Sure is balmy today! Downside is having to take antihistamines again, but better that way than getting teary-eyed and going mad from sniffling...

Hope you’re all right, Tony and family. I suppose Ireland is a good resting place, if such a thing could ever be said about any location. Thank you for keeping us informed and sending supportive thoughts your way.

Can’t think of anything else of meaning to say right now, I admit...

Later.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I hope things go as well as can be expected for Tony and Aditi and best wishes to Debs and any other ailing ER's. Not a lot to report from here, sun is putting in an appearance but it sounds a bit windy outside. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15

Morning to all !

The strange yellow ball which appeared about 6.30 pm yesterday has re-appeared this morning, hopefully to remain for today when Autoglass appear to replace the car windscreen.

Also today I visit the local surgery to have the stitches removed from my ‘middle’ finger; this was a finger joint replacement, free of charge, but undertaken by a private hospital. I had seen the Nurse Practitioner in mid-2017 about arthritis pain in all finger joints which was preventing me from avoiding the ‘Black Dog’ by playing my guitar. Luckily she is also a musician, owning a clarinet and wanting a saxophone, so she was sympathetic to my need.  After steroid injections, when possible, at the local private hospital was referred to the Peterborough hospital and there the surgeon did the replacement a couple of weeks ago.

So soon I can be back to music...and possibly golf with the younger version of me! His best line from the weekend was the woman who fell in love with the French tennis player; sadly love meant nothing to him.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

I'm still with paint brush in the mit the new paint is a lot better that the carp Xulud produced 15 years ago all the landing woodwork

now has an undercoat on it the next bit will be the stairs this PM it looks as if I might be painting next week-end to finish this part 

of the project off it's Hospital and 2-3 weeks rest for me starting next Tuesday, HER has decided to stay out of my way but had to

:hunter:     :hunter:     :biggrin_mini2:

go through a door way that I was painting at the time having said have you got everything from the bedroom earlier.  :banghead:

I'm still waiting on news of my 47xx's arrival at the Model Shop I can't wait it will give me an excuse to drop the painting for a while.

I'm pleased for Tony everything is going well in Ireland considering the circumstances and hope it continues for him and his dear

wife while they are over there.

Have a nice day all Sid  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Back from our shopping trip and my watch has gone away to have a new battery fitted and they will service it as well. Will take 3-4 weeks and cost £42 for the privilege.     :banghead: (Another jeweller quoted £55)

Memo to self - don't ever buy another decent watch. 

• RMweb Premium

Back from our shopping trip and my watch has gone away to have a new battery fitted and they will service it as well. Will take 3-4 weeks and cost £42 for the privilege.     :banghead: (Another jeweller quoted £55)

Memo to self - don't ever buy another decent watch. 

I know they're expensive but why not buy an Eco-drive watch? I've had one now for 15 years and the only thing I've had to do is to change it from GMT to BST and back again, and you don't even have to do that on the latest ones.

• Like 12