The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

As long as you don’t need to eliminate the „alco“ bit... :jester:

The alco bit looks after itself, but we did wonder if Finn might try a pint of Guinness, if only to dilute all that highly-refined salt.

.....our Physics master brought in one of his albums as an end of term treat.....

The Elements was popular in Chemistry lessons.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

Well it’s pretty awful out there today, glad I’m staying inside!

A start has been made on putting the top coat on the furniture that I undercoated last week and I currently sat having a well earned muggertea.

NHN. Congratulations to both you and Mrs NHN.

Back later

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Survived my expedition to the post office.

Thanks for the welding anniversary wishes.  So many of our friends haven't made so many years, a shame really.  Of course a few are doing OK on their second time around too.

Getting quite pleasant out, 12c and bright if not sunny.  Might sit in the garden for an hour, although that might depress me with the thought of how much needs to be done out there.  Mrs NHN did a lot yesterday though, she's definitely a keeper!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Survived my expedition to the post office.

Mrs NHN did a lot yesterday though, she's definitely a keeper!

After 36 34 years, I should hope so!

Congrats.

I'm 10 8 behind you in a week's time!

Cheers,

Mick

edit - duly corrected - thanks Neil

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

.Does anyone get married at 20 these days . . . . . . . ? (and I was 23)

.......... and it seems strange that it is only older people who reach milestones like their 40th and 50th anniversaries.   :scratchhead: 

• Like 2

Ha! We’ll be under a Winter Weather Advisory for 24 hours from tonight.......

This Global Warming is getting too cold...

Best, Pete.

Arrghh! Already noticed this - I'm headed there early afternoon, so I'm expecting the morning commute from my hotel to suck :( :(

Re: Contrails, their formation etc. Try this link, best be quick though as it's put out by the EPA and that's about to become extinct under the present administration together probably with all documented evidence created by that agency :O  :jester: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/policy_guidance/envir_policy/media/contrails.pdf

Happy anniversary NHN and the Mrs.

Moanday it is - nothing to moan about really except the above mention departure later to JFK for my Long Island client trip.

Should be decent weather there by now, but looks like it'll be totally carp instead. Sadly, as they can't manage 2-4 inches of snow out there without chaos, I'm not looking forward to it at all! I'll probably seek out the largest SUV I can at the rental lot, to limit the "stuck on the roads" potential.

Quiet day yesterday, won a Bachmann Mk1 BR/SR Buffet to continue building my small BR/SR dark green rake and modeling consisted of a very long running session - those are extremely rewarding :)

-6 and sunny here, expected to reach +3 about the time I leave and be nice here all week - pity I won't be here.

Hope the week starts well for everyone.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I done the quiz thing and it said I lived in london and I was Hugh Grant, In my dreams I wouldn't mind doing a turn with Liz Hurley.   :wub:    :maninlove:   :drag:

Today my youngest daughter came round with a present and a card for her mum as she was at work all day yesterday, the toilet humour 

is unrelenting with both daughters as you can see.

post-8647-0-09716800-1520868625_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Happy anniversary Neil

Morning from another sunny day here in Portland. It was T shirt weather yesterday and looks like it will be the same today.

This is the view of Mount Hood from our room yesterday when we checked in.

post-1557-0-43603600-1520867833_thumb.jpg

and this was taken this morning

post-1557-0-98937300-1520868682_thumb.jpg

Off out soon for breakfast then a bit of retail therapy before the breweries open.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Happy Anniversary to Neil and Mrs NHN.

The sun has made an appearance after several hours of rain but I don't think I'll bother with a walk now.

Just had a phone call from my oldest friend who I haven't seen for several months. He and his wife are visiting their son and family in the area next month so wondered if it would be convenient to call in.

Erm mate, we've been friends for over 50 years - you don't need to make an appointment!  :friends:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

34, Mick.

Light weights 41 and still alive just.

congrats NHN

Had to knock a year off my maths are getting worse.

Edited by 81C
  • Like 15

The passenger trains on the West Cumbria line that are hauled by Class 37 diesels are starting to be phased out today. We have two rakes in use each day on the line, and on one rake, the 37 has been replaced, not by one Class 68, but by two. A train just went by with 3 coaches topped and tailed by 68s. Overpowered or what!

• Like 6

Re: Contrails, their formation etc. Try this link, best be quick though as it's put out by the EPA and that's about to become extinct under the present administration together probably with all documented evidence created by that agency :O  :jester: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/policy_guidance/envir_policy/media/contrails.pdf

Thanks, Ian, interesting stuff. Still can't quite work out the amount of stuff thrown out in that video - like an exceptionally claggy 37!

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs NHN.

Well, my new passport arrived at 1300 today in its official Home Office envelope. Anyone know which secure company delivers passports? Not to worry. Very impressed.

Mal

• Like 16

Morning from another sunny day here in Portland. It was T shirt weather yesterday and looks like it will be the same today.

We might even see record high temperatures today.

Yesterday I was even inspired to remove a few weeds from the garden and wash the car.

Make the most of it. Rain is forecast for tomorrow.

• Like 14

It would have keen a bit of a trek to visit my mother church yesterday and it's no longer a church. Queen Vic used to attend too.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/posh-flats-plan-iconic-gothic-10972019

Went skiing instead and what a fabulous day it was too. I'll hang up the skis for the season now.

I'm having a hard time believing it but we are approaching the 46 year mark. Surely it's not been that long?

• Like 8

Thanks, Ian, interesting stuff. Still can't quite work out the amount of stuff thrown out in that video - like an exceptionally claggy 37!

Mal

It looks worse than normal because 1. Probably high humidity.  2. The view is compressed as though you are seeing it through a telescope.  3. The low angle of the sun.

People do not often see contrails head on like that.

Best, Pete.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

The passenger trains on the West Cumbria line that are hauled by Class 37 diesels are starting to be phased out today. We have two rakes in use each day on the line, and on one rake, the 37 has been replaced, not by one Class 68, but by two. A train just went by with 3 coaches topped and tailed by 68s. Overpowered or what!

They can't run the 68s with the DBSOs as they have different multi gear.

Running round trains is also a bit of a no-no these days.

Only the lead 68 will probably be working.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Light weights 42 and still alive just.

congrats NHN 

Pah! Coming up to 48 years in June, known her for 53 and you lot are still wondering why I keep banging my bloody head!   :scratchhead:  :banghead:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pah! Coming up to 48 years in June, known her for 53 and you lot are still wondering why I keep banging my bloody head!   :scratchhead:  :banghead:

I couldn't possibly comment.  :mosking: .            

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The swelling of my legs seems to have reduced somewhat. I have still booked a doctors appointment but its not until Thursday week, and I can always cancel if the problem disappears. Congrats to Neil on his anniversary.

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The swelling of my legs seems to have reduced somewhat. I have still booked a doctors appointment but its not until Thursday week, and I can always cancel if the problem disappears. Congrats to Neil on his anniversary.

Phil, even if it clears you should keep your appointment. They should be able to find out what's going on. Probably nothing to worry about but better safe etc.

a

• Like 1