The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

There was English football on the TV in the bar but someone asked for the channel to be changed to a hurling match.

They have TV programs showing people throwing up?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like it is competitive too.

Shirt dribble = nil points

On floor at feet = 1 point

Per additional metre of projectile reach = 1 point

In the receptacle on the judging bench = 10 points.

• RMweb Premium

I was told yesterday that the idea of Mothering Sunday  was that people in service could go and see their families once a year.   In my home we didn't celebrate it because we were chapel and not church.

A good day has been had.  The hordes have just departed.  A lamb sacrificed 1 and a half legs in a good cause and there are several bottles to go to the bank tomorrow.  Beth and I are just finishing off the last of the reds.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Totally worn to a frazzle. So time for round 2 of sleeping away the jet lag.

The two Herberts have provided cards to their mother today. Her indoors was chuffed but both have a need to find employment elsewhere.

Sleep well to most, morning to those in the Antipodes.

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like it is competitive too.

Shirt dribble = nil points

On floor at feet = 1 point

Per additional metre of projectile reach = 1 point

In the receptacle on the judging bench = 10 points.

Where’s the yeuch button when you need it? :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now trying to sort out a photo editing programme as I want to resize some of the holiday snaps. Any suggestions??

Baz

I've been using IrfanView for mine.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

My accent was given as East Lancashire, wrong! I’ve lived all my life (apart from 18 months in Canada in the late 60’s) in the Trafford area of Manchester. However, I have worked with quite a lot of people from the East Lancashire area, so that might be the reason for the confusion.

I'll do you a swap with my given location.............

Cheers,

Mik

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

It has been a difficult day. A day on which I had hoped to deliver Mother’s Day flowers in person for the first time in almost 20 years. Instead I have been feel the loss. Not a single person has enquired how I might have been feeling (including SWMBO) which has added to some perfectly normal feelings of loss. And no-one here need be the slightest bit concerned as I would not really have expected such - it’s more family and close personal friends who might have though to ask.

I’ll be fine in the morning. Tomorrow is another day. And it’s not a special day for remembering one’s mother.

I can hear the rain gently falling outside. It is forecast to do so throughout the night and tomorrow.

Good night all. Sleep well.

• RMweb Gold

I'd recommend Brew Dock, near Connolly station, for food and real Irish beers!http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/brewdock/

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks. I will suggest it to Matthew for a future visit. We weren't too far from Connolly St and Busaras yesterday when we visited the emigration museum. This time we hadn't considered the influx of sporty people making the city busy. We could of course come during the week but Matthew normally only takes one day off either Saturday or Sunday. It was nice that he relaxed a bit this weekend, though he did study/write/prepare stuff while we went round the museum.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Well it’s been a lovely sunny day today and not a lot has been done, by either of us and it made a pleasant change. It has been very quiet her, Mike is still looking after Sarah, Vickie called round yesterday, as they were all off to Stoke to visit Ian’s mum and James sent a text, as his phone isn’t working properly. By mid evening it had started raining, so not much change there then.

Time for bed, for tomorrow I’ve got an appointment with a paint brush.

Goodnight all

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Today is the day that I discovered that Finn McCool, my friend's skewbald hunter, has unaccountably developed a taste for salt 'n vinegar crisps. As he hoovers them up by the bagful, alcohacks are now starting to get a bit expensive.

As long as you don’t need to eliminate the „alco“ bit... :jester:

• Like 2

Evening all. Generic greetings and good wishes all round. Been away for a while and there are 500 unread posts. Sorry for all that I have missed.

Here is a brief summary of the last few days.

* The Beast from the East brought two snow days.

* We returned to the Ofsted phone call.

* I had a meltdown brought about by a year of being told I am a cr&p teacher.

* The head gave me some friendly advice.

* We survived Ofsted.

* I received an invite to exhibit at a model railway show in October.

* I did not sleep all last week - mind was racing.

* Sarah bought me some herbal sleep remedies.

* They helped until I forgot to take them last night after a curry night with a mate.

* Mothers Day harmony in our house was helped by a 0-0 draw between Derby and Forest (we were robbed!!!)

And finally...

Application for a certain headship has been completed and submitted with twenty minutes to spare.

Best wishes

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Generic greetings and good wishes all round. Been away for a while and there are 500 unread posts. Sorry for all that I have missed.

Here is a brief summary of the last few days.

* The Beast from the East brought two snow days.

* We returned to the Ofsted phone call.

* I had a meltdown brought about by a year of being told I am a cr&p teacher.

* The head gave me some friendly advice.

* We survived Ofsted.

* I received an invite to exhibit at a model railway show in October.

* I did not sleep all last week - mind was racing.

* Sarah bought me some herbal sleep remedies.

* They helped until I forgot to take them last night after a curry night with a mate.

* Mothers Day harmony in our house was helped by a 0-0 draw between Derby and Forest (we were robbed!!!)

And finally...

Application for a certain headship has been completed and submitted with twenty minutes to spare.

Best wishes

Andy

*sigh* It does sound like it’s not a day too soon for you to be lucky and find a more agreeable post...and all too reminiscent of my experience with The Education System :( .

The debate on how to ensure teaching stays an attractive career choice is ongoing here as well. Here’s a thought: Maybe begin with taking steps to the effect of stopping teachers from being squeezed like a lemon ten times over. My impression, at least here in Saxony, is that the system such as it is is being kept alive-ish only by thousands of teachers sacrificing themselves day-in, day-out...