The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I can just hear Jemma and Liz.....'he was late getting the gear up'.....'that rotation was too slow'......'was that a tail strike?'....  LOL

Backseat drivers. Pah!

• RMweb Premium

It's interesting that they have cordoned off a site, in Amesbury just 7.5 miles from Salisbury, and almost between the two is ....

Porton Down where the British site for Investigation of Chemicals used in warfare is based...(Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)

Porton Down used to have it's own narrow gauge railway I've not seen anyone model it, But then pictures of the site might be hard to get hold of... the Russians might have some...

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

It's interesting that they have cordoned off a site, in Amesbury just 7.5 miles from Salisbury, and almost between the two is ....

Porton Down where the British site for Investigation of Chemicals used in warfare is based...(Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)

Oooh conspiracy theory time!

• RMweb Premium

We had a SEBO for years and I liked it but Mrs mole started to find it a bit heavy for her disability, despite the fact that it was mostly me that used it. So we got a Henry. Which is heavier. Go figure. She had used one in the past and liked it, but before her accident. On full suction on carpet you can't move it, like the Miele I used on a temp job (with a Miele dealer) many years ago.

It's BIN day here for regular waste; the truck's bin and gone. There's a man and two lads out the back shifting the large pile of wood and panels that once formed two sheds, plus some assorted scrap. As a result I may not get out today; fortunately no urgent shopping is required. Instead I am scanning old photographs of trains and traction engines.

Have a good Hump Day.

Pete

• Like 16

It seems that the Russian victim of the Salisbury Poisoner is/was a member of his local railway club. But which one? Are railway clubs playing host to sleeper (geddit?) FSB assassins?

My take is "The Railway" is a social club.  I think his application shewed him as a "retired security consultant".

Bill

• Like 10

Porton Down used to have it's own narrow gauge railway I've not seen anyone model it, But then pictures of the site might be hard to get hold of... the Russians might have some...

When the other poor bloke, Litvinenko, was poisoned, there was a noticeable drop in custom at Itsu Piccadilly branch for days afterwards.

• RMweb Gold

It seems that the Russian victim of the Salisbury Poisoner is/was a member of his local railway club. But which one? Are railway clubs playing host to sleeper (geddit?) FSB assassins?

Big check of RMweb membership also underway no doubt, and will the cordoned area extend to the site of this weekend's Basingstoke show?

And I wonder if dad has given a shopping list - along the lines of 'look out for bargain Bulleids' 

Big check of RMweb membership also underway no doubt, and will the cordoned area extend to the site of this weekend's Basingstoke show?

Wash your hands thoroughly before, during, and after the show.

And I wonder if dad has given a shopping list - along the lines of 'look out for bargain Bulleids'

Da. Somewhere out there is a Bulleid with your name on it.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

And don't forget a generous supply of antiperspirant…  :swoon:

A'noon all. The Great Thaw seems to be under way, so the trip to the supermarket was a dance through the slush. Meat loaf for dinner, so I suppose cooking will commence soon.

Cheers, folks… :good:

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

On the subject of hygiene some very dated RTR coaches arrived one was a bit cruddy so I stripped the whole lot down and wash all the plastic parts  

I could not believe how clean they came up after their bath. :rolleyes:

Basingstoke show is not too bad I carry a small man bag there's always Hygienic hand rub, bog roll and paper towels just in case, I'm tempted to carry

a de-odourising spray as some of the great unwashed seem to attend nearly every show in the country.  :bad:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Ian A - good to see two ladies who making a career success in what has, for far too long, been a man's world.

Hope the ladies have a good vacation here in the UK.

• Like 2

No surprise to me unfortunately.  There is no substitute for local knowledge but it doesn't figure in the balance sheet.

I wonder if the conversation went something like this:

"But Boabby, it says we've tae go tae Eberdeen! Are thur nae polis in Eberdeen?"

"Nae problem Wullie. We'll get some bridies in Forar on the way hame."

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

On the subject of hygiene some very dated RTR coaches arrived one was a bit cruddy so I stripped the whole lot down and wash all the plastic parts  

I could not believe how clean they came up after their bath. :rolleyes:

Was that the "professionally weathered " spray on porridge I have noticed on some eBay photos?

• RMweb Premium

Quick check and there's also some bloke called "Ivan" on here. 'nuff said, tovarishch

But don't worry, I've already shopped him to Thames House.

They said they'd already got their eye on him, but cheers anyway. :dirol_mini:

Apparently they've got a shrewd idea how he passes on messages, but it's been a bit messy following around country lanes rooting through piles of horse sh1te. 

But back to the main topic, we've got a railway enthusiast who collapsed in a catatonic state after a shopping trip.  

Primary cause: He picked up a Class 31 and the chassis dissolved into dust which he inhaled. 

Secondary cause:  He saw an advance copy of next year's price lists. 

• RMweb Gold

Was that the "professionally weathered " spray on porridge I have noticed on some eBay photos?

That's what it looked like between the underside and the tops of the bogie's I thought best to wash them It could have been Hughie Green.  :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning from Sydney. Refreshed from a great night's sleep we are to have a day at the Beach or at the Zoo.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning from Sydney. Refreshed from a great night's sleep we are to have a day at the Beach or at the Zoo.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Baz

The first time we visited Sydney we went to the zoo as that was the only time that we saw kangaroos on our trip across the country.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arrived home from the club this evening to see that the end of my road was blocked off. Not exactly surprising as notice boards warning of road works have been posted for a couple of weeks. No problem getting home as there is a quick detour through the car park behind the local shops. I saw the trucks and a mini-digger being set up as I went out just after seven this evening.

• Like 3