The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning from papamoa beach.

Jamie, glad the day went well.

Had a phone call from youngest Herbert last night, he was close by so we met up for 30 minutes to catch up.

Today we are off to Thames..not far but we have places to go on our way.

Baz

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all,

Good to hear from Jamie that Rachel's day went so well. 

We decided (jointly, honest) to head for Cotswold Wildlife Park which is a nice day out and does a reasonable entrance rate for OFs (c.33% reduction).  It was  somewhat nippy outside up on the Cotswolds but an enjoyable day let down only by some very peculiar motorists about on the return trip (the sort that go faster in 30mph limit areas than they do on the open road, grr).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I will be off out to spend some more modelling tokens tomorrow at Rayleigh. Last time there I bought a brewery, not a real one unfortunately but the Bachmann Scenecraft 00 scale one. Great to hear that Debs is making progress and please give her my best wishes (and the same to all other ailing ER's).

• Like 11

Afternoon all, blustery and wet here at the moment so I thought a picture taken earlier this year in happier times would be welcome. In deference to Debs, who I think is mechanically minded, here is a picture of a wristwatch taken at Porthmadog last Summer. The owner, an engine driver, is checking the time and when Mickey's short arm is pointing between eleven and twelve and his long arm is on number five it will be time to depart. Other watch pictures are available.

Stay safe all.

attachicon.gifP1000800.JPG

I posted this a good while back and sneaked it past Debs. I hope she sees the funny side. Get well Debs.And everyone else.

• Like 11

Evening all

Finally back on parade - spent a few days recuperating in Southampton with Gabe's brother then flew back to Edinburgh on Tuesday. Had my first setback on Wednesday thru yesterday with post-op loo probs (ok, constipation) which really takes it out of you giving birth to triplets and possibly more. Things are now moving again.

Now I just need to slowly recover.

Managed to watch the rugby today - a well-deserved victory for Scotland who played the better game. At last! Gabe, youngest son and daughter were at the match and called to say the atmosphere at Murrayfield was fantastic.

On other things Scottish, the Rails/Bachmann Caledonian 812 looks lovely; could be tempted.

Hope your Saturday evenings go well.

Mal

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Finally back on parade - spent a few days recuperating in Southampton with Gabe's brother then flew back to Edinburgh on Tuesday. Had my first setback on Wednesday thru yesterday with post-op loo probs (ok, constipation) which really takes it out of you giving birth to triplets and possibly more. Things are now moving again.

Managed to watch the rugby today - a well-deserved victory for Scotland who played the better game. At last! Gabe, youngest son and daughter were at the match and called to say the atmosphere at Murrayfield was fantastic.

On other things Scottish, the Rails/Bachmann Caledonian 812 looks lovely; could be tempted.

Mal

Great to hear from you Mal. We all got quite concerned but glad that things are on the mend despite the result at Murrayfield.

Jamie

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

E‘ning all. Continuing to send positive vibes to Debs, Simon, Mal and everyone else currently in need. I certainly feel for Debs in particular...two months looking at the same walls day-in and day-out must be dreadful...

Not sure why but I felt completely derailed today, to use a rail related figure of speech.It got better by nightfall, thankfully.

I asked for and was given an extra shift tomorrow, seeing that illness-related staff shortage continues. I’m quite looking forward to the second half of it in particular as this involves me providing a standby unit for the footy match of the day!

Enjoy whatever you’re up to, folks. Be well, most importantly.

• Like 19

Evening all

Mal

Good to have you back Mal, and thanks to Gabe's updates.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Welcome back Mal.

Busy day had though much of it seemed to require talking and eating rather than addressing the contents of the house. More small items have been claimed and rehomed; a couple of items of furniture have been earmarked. We know where about 75% of everything is going; a fair chunk will be to charity shops or the recycling site.

Southern were having a few issues (as usual) today with the Quarry / Fast Lines closed between Stoats Nest (Purley) and Tinsley Green (Three Bridges) severely limiting capacity. Smart use of the through roads at Redhill to overtake rather than follow stopping trains was spoiled by late running which resulted in dead stands in both direcions waiting to use the crossovers at Tinsley Green and stops awaiting line clearance going down at Windmill Bridge and Stoats Nest as well. A case of what the computer says is possible on a theoretical train graph being too tight for actual reality. The crossovers at Earlswood are being renewed along with numerous other jobs.

Off to bed now. Night all.

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Well clearing up in the cellar room that will become an office/work area, has continued today and I’m almost at the point where that room is empty. I can’t remember the last time that this room was empty, but it was probably 38 years ago, when we first moved in here! Unfortunately, as it is at the bottom of the cellar stairs, over the years it has been a very convenient dumping area for all sorts of stuff. Anyway a couple more days should see it completely emptied. Once that’s done it’ll give me the room to make up the two radiator covers that I’ve just found the wood for (told you it was convenient). Once I’ve made them, I can start to clean of the paint of the cellar walls, so that I can apply some tanking slurry on them. This is purely a precautionary measure, the cellar never really feels or smells damp, but you never can tell.

Jamie. Lovely photos.

Mal. Glad to see you’re back with us.

Goodnight all

• Like 15

Had my first setback on Wednesday thru yesterday ...

Mine was similar (nearly four years ago but does stick in your mind) and I was told of a good over the counter med, which did work

But when I want back to the consultant six months after the op I said we'd found something better. When he asked what, I said, "The Taj Mahal in Penzance".

May be a bit way for you to make use of, yet.

• Like 2

Now, who on here remembers this Charter from April 2009? (Taken from farcebuk)

Still one of the most outrageous events I’ve encountered.
The failed charter train hauled by 235205 & 843503, being assisted by 11514 and its freight working back into Spiez. (April 2009).

28167419_10155112796705894_6602310573623
Wow

Comments
18739758_10155369135158147_7182132770380
Barry Whitfield Remember it well
Manage
· Reply · 59m
44280_100235633370082_2323825_n.jpg?oh=5
me:  I remember it well too! We broke the coupling on the failed 843 when we were fly shunted at Spiez! 235205 then took us to Thun where, having done the docks, a week old 486 took us back to Interlaken Ost!1f600.png
Manage
· Reply · 1m
A friend is typing a comment...
44280_100235633370082_2323825_n.jpg?oh=5
Write a comment...

• Like 10