The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, wet and dark outside again. Phil how are you coping with work? Gordon when Mrs B had back trouble the consultant said surgery or having a baby fortunately having babies worked. Personally I would explore any option before surgery as a last resort.

......but I think I may be OK for breast feeding as I've piled on a few pounds over Christmas.

Man boobs could be the next big thing..:D

Apologies guys, I should have said the video is for after breakfast...

It's put my mind at rest though as it seems a fairly straightforward op. I'd naturally prefer to go without it, but right now I'd do anything if it got me back to normal..

Did we sort out a date for the 'Ampshire mob to get together?

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Dank and dark here today, but warm with it. Due in at work at none today, so I can use the web until then.

Microwave generated a large volume of smoke last night not related to cooking, and had to be unplugged and carried out to the garden, so need to get a new one - oddly couldn't find anything on Amazon that was cheap enough, and the comparable machines were cheaper in Argos (and the one we chose was in stock as well!) - most odd, as this is the first time I have seen Amazon beaten on price.

I'll probably check back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Very glad I had breakfast some time ago! I guess if that's the only option Gordon it's clearly a delicate bit of work but not as major as some. Thankfully my back problems are minor and infrequent!

Day off today to work on Cramdin and then spending tomorrow at the Astolat show in Guildford hindering helping Chris Nevard with Catcott.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Gordon,

You need the man bra: "The Bro" - my help your back too!

Seriously sorry to hear your news, any operation is a drama; though when I had Cancer my hotel, sorry Hospital in Brentwood offered choices of single malt Scotch as a nightcap.......................the bed baths were interesting too.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Gordon,

... my hotel, sorry Hospital in Brentwood offered choices of single malt Scotch as a nightcap.......................the bed baths were interesting too.

Best, Pete.

My BiL mentioned that when he first worked in hospitals doctors were able to specify beer or fortified wines for patients.

Except this was in the nineties. It was that hospital at Warley - I can't remember the name..................I could smoke too, the nurses smoldered..........

Some plonker in Maintenance broke a photo frame of my then fiance - so the administrater did not charge me for all my calls to America - which were considerable.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Except this was in the nineties. It was that hospital at Warley - I can't remember the name..................I could smoke too, the nurses smoldered..........

Some plonker in Maintenance broke a photo frame of my then fiance - so the administrater did not charge me for all my calls to America - which were considerable.

Best, Pete.

I think only the large private hospital is in Warley now, I don't think the more famous (locally) Warley Hospital exists?

My wife went into Basildon Hospital to have an operation to remove a peanut from her lung and got her foot run over by a cleaner using one of those rotary floor cleaning machines. She didn't get any free phone calls though!

Guest Max Stafford

Wouldn't have been so bad if she'd been wearing shoes Tony, al least she'd have got a free polish! :D

I think Warley was still being used to treat mental patients during my time down that way. I remember the odd one used to jump in front of a train at Brentwood or Shenfield!

I had a couple at Rochford and Pitsea too!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Broken cloud cover in the sky and about 7°, which I assume will be the kind of weather we're in for today. Far as I can see, all food purchases for the weekend have been made, so I might do some tidying up today.

Have a good'un everyone! :)

When I was a kid in the sixties hanging out in Brentwood there used to be a very scary patient of Warley (nowadays we would think "poor old sod") who had no nose - just two festering slits in his face, he used to put the wind up us! Another one we called Sifta Sam would get in the middle of the traffic junction at Wilson's Corner and direct the traffic - all in total silence, until the boys in blue turned up, like, every Saturday.

And no I didn't mean that particular Warley Hospital - what is it now? "Executive" Apartments or something? I think the one I was in was called Hartswood Hospital, it was certainly private, yes.

Best, Pete

Morning All,

As Dominik said, broken cloud. The temperature is a couple of degrees warmer down here at around 9°C.

Right, time for some breakfast. A little later than usual this morning - I was out at a party last night!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

And no I didn't mean that particular Warley Hospital - what is it now? "Executive" Apartments or something? I think the one I was in was called Hartswood Hospital, it was certainly private, yes.

Best, Pete

Morning all. Yes, Pete, I do think the former hospital is now some sort of apartment development. My wife has her hair cut near there so I have driven past a few times but not very recently.

Rather a dull day here but today's task is sorting out the packing for Matthew's trip back to Leicester tomorrow. He has sorted most of his stuff out but I need to organise it into a shape that will fit in the car.

Tony

Morning all. It's absolutely pelting down here in the Durham hills (down here for a meeting last night and Dad's birthday tomorrow).

I'm planning to get a couple of my old Hornby locos done from the loft while I'm here to put on Ebay. Also planning on putting a couple of Lima locos / Limited Edition train packs up. I've decided it's time to get rid of some of the older non-DCC stuff that I've got duplicated in DCC.

Need to pop up to the loft in any case as we have to put the boxes of Christmas decorations back up.

Need to pop to the shops too at some point today to get a few odds and ends in (non-railway related though!).