The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

My favourite watch was a Casio black plastic watch with a combined analogue and digital display. I think it was less than £15 from Argos.

The watch was fine but the straps kept breaking. I hardly ever wear a watch now, the one I have now is probably the cheapest Citizen Eco Drive model.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Currently wearing an old Sekonda but also have Storm, Tissot, a Stürhling pocket watch and a couple of other cheapy nondescript ones. The Tissot is the best and only comes out for special occasions!

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I have had a series of casio radio controlled watches, as the sailing club uses a radio controlled clock for time keeping. so I don't have to mess around with a stopwatch to get the race start time correct..

There are however several watches in the bottom of the river as they get ripped of by ropes occasionally

• Like 1

Gabe, Mal's wife, here again with an update. He's still progressing nicely and has just eaten his first spoonful of soup, ice cream and jelly. His first food for a week!

He had a good walk up and down the ward today. He's just about to have the last of all tubes removed after which he should be free to wander further afield. He's Shattered now after all his busy morning, and having a wee nap.

Early days of course, and more hurdles to overcome, so do please keep rooting for him, but all in all, everyone is pleased with his recovery.

Cheers

Gabe

• Like 7

I had a Pulsar digital watch in the early 70's which would display the time if I pressed the button on the side for a few seconds. No problem under "normal" circumstances but if I was riding my bicycle, I found the only safe way of pressing said button without taking both hands off the handlebars, was to use my nose!  It brought me strange looks. :nono:

Edited by Judge Dread

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

Slept like a log.....mugatea being drunk then off for a trip round the botanical gardens.

May be 25°C here today, it was warmer than that yesterday and sun tan is coming on a treat.

Great news from Gabe. Any news from Debs?

Baz

• Like 14

I'm magnetic, so can only wear a digital watch. Actually, I've only got a fob watch whilst on duty, otherwise relying on my mobile phone. Which actually isn't working as a phone, just as a watch, alarm clock and radio (for listening to The Archer's whilst on the move).

Went to the RFH yesterday (Mahler 4), duty this am and dentist this pm (a grind needs building up). Off to training in a minute (I think it will be Annie tonight).

Bill

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

It has been a long day.

Beautiful, if icy, morning with clear skies. Followed by the trip to visit mother. This was interrupted by a call from my sister who as usual had made an early morning visit and alerted me to having found mum extremely poorly and gasping for breath. The doctor was called.

The call mid-journey was to inform me that my sister had returned to mum’s around noon and discovered that she had passed away.

I arrived to find the ambulance crew about to leave, the police officer filling out forms and with the undertaker expected within the hour.

Not quite what I had expected though, it must be said, it was not at all unexpected. Thus begins again the train of events which we rode just 11 months back at dad’s passing. Only this time there will be a house to clear and dispose of at the end. All other social events this week have been cancelled.

Mum has gone to rejoin the man she loves and had 65 years with in this life. Together for ever now. RIP mum. And thanks for everything.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Good to hear that Mal is progressing but as others have said nothing from Debs so I hope she's progressing as well. I have been informed that the problem with my watch could have been something, a bit of dirt or fluff perhaps caught under the adjustment button, by resetting it I probably cleared it. Shortliner, they charge £3-5 for fitting a new watch battery so you might as well throw the £3:45 watch away.

EDIT Rick posted his sad news as I was writing the above. Sincerest condolences to you and your family Rick.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Even at this time my thoughts also turn to Debs as John’s news is not what we wanted to hear.

Many thanks for all your messages in my direction which are much appreciated.