The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all. Worrying news about Debs and thoughts and prayers remain with her today. Best wishes to you all and supportiv4 greetings to those who are ailing.

Here I am still struggling to shake the flu bug. Fortunately I was not in school today because I was attending a course. The course was quite useful and finished early which was a bonus.

For those who are interested, answer D was indeed the one chosen by the boss yesterday. You really could not make it up. How to annoy your whole staff in one swoop!

Meanwhile a text from a former colleague, who left the old place before me, brought some interesting news. After three and a half years the boss is leaving the old place.

Enjoy your weekend

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile a text from a former colleague, who left the old place before me, brought some interesting news. After three and a half years the boss is leaving the old place.

Probably moving on to become an Advisor!

I've known a few in my time.

Some were excellent , others very good, the rest couldn't advise their way out of a wet paper bag

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hey up from Tullarmarine. Up at stupid o'clock for check in. Soon be Jetstaring to Christchurch. Exit row seats book little snooze beckons.

Meetings are easy.. make everyone stand up..things move on swiftly..and NO Tea or Coffee for free helps.

NHN - hope recovery goes well.

Baz

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Some were excellent , others very good, the rest couldn't advise their way out of a wet paper bag

I once had an email from a senior manager stating that Bill the business studies advisor wanted to know if there was anything we wished to "run up the flagpole" at our next meeting. I replied "Bill". I did get sent for to explain my hostile attitude. I said it was because he was an idiot and also took credit for other people's work. Apparently that was a satisfactory reason. Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 13

I once had an email from a senior manager stating that Bill the business studies advisor wanted to know if there was anything we wished to "run up the flagpole" at our next meeting. I replied "Bill". I did get sent for to explain my hostile attitude. I said it was because he was an idiot and also took credit for other people's work. Apparently that was a satisfactory reason.

I hear he is taking a headship elsewhere.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. This morning I sat down to do the sudoku in yesterdays paper. Then there was a knock on the door, it was the milkman calling for this months payment. When I returned to carry on doing the sudoku I couldn't find the pen I was using anywhere so I had to get a fresh pen out. About half an hour later I went to switch the TV on and there was the original pen sitting by the remote. Later this afternoon I needed a pen again and again the pen had disappeared. So I resorted to the replacement again but it soon turned up having fallen to the floor and under a shoe. I started using it again then for the ink to run out.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

May just have been rumbled (finally!) by the Governors? We used to look at teaching and support staff turnover. If an upward trend appeared questions would be asked.....

Plane rescheduled between check in and the gate...that's a first for me!

Lots of colourful planes to watch so can't get bored and flight radar app gives an insight into what is going on

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Hey up from Tullarmarine. Up at stupid o'clock for check in. Soon be Jetstaring to Christchurch. Exit row seats book little snooze beckons.

Meetings are easy.. make everyone stand up..things move on swiftly..and NO Tea or Coffee for free helps.

NHN - hope recovery goes well.

Baz

Ah Tulla. Actually one of my favourite airports despite the lack of a rail link. Usually thoroughly efficient and friendly with it.

Safe onward travels Baz.

Happy Friday Night to those of us north of the equator. I suspect most of our student neighbours are about to head out and party. I’ll probably hear about it sometime tomorrow ;).

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I know the BG's are/were Manx, but really Ivan, you're torturing me today!

BG's?

I thought it was the Track Shack staff Xmas do.

Still trying to work out which is Neil.

Today was a one step forward, two steps back day on the layout.

If we keep talking trains, Debs will be here soon.

We can but hope.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Are you going to send a letter of condolences to the new school before he gets there?

Just back from the border Collie appreciation Society, finally I'm happy with the sky on the backscene, last week's ballasting looks good as well. The concrete track I've painted brown to simulate wooden sleepers, I'm pushing the layout back in time but it's not worth ripping up the concrete track.

Left to do on the first board, 3 * buffers at the end of sidings, windows to fit to house, path to make to the house, and fence around the house. Footbridge to make and install. A small amount of ballast repair required. Before I swap out the first board I need to finish the viaduct which crosses to and is mostly on the second board.

While in the MRC there was a huge downpour, the puddles joined across the road on the way home.

Time to look at West Highland line buffers and see what's available in N...

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

And that's not counting the price of the tickets. Bleacher Report suggests that average Super Bowl tickets for Sunday cost $5,415.

And people complain about model railways being an expensive hobby :O 

I'd hesitate a guess that they're inaccurate at best.

Local information around here is that the CHEAPEST tickets are north of $6,000 and have been for a few days, average is anyone's guess! :O  :jester:

Railway modelling gets even cheaper in comparative terms.  is the Superbowl thing that peculiar game called American football or is it rounders?

Evening all,

It has been a lovely sunny day here, so I managed to get out for a decent walk, and encountered a few other cancer sufferers, so it was a slow walk after all the chatting and comparing notes. The sickness from last weekend has fully gone away but has been replaced by a new side effect. I won’t go into details, but suffice it to say I went into town and bought some Senokot!! Nuff said!

Glad to hear that NHNs op was well, and also still hoping for better news of Debs.

Are you going to send a letter of condolences to the new school before he gets there?

Just back from the border Collie appreciation Society, finally I'm happy with the sky on the backscene, last week's ballasting looks good as well. The concrete track I've painted brown to simulate wooden sleepers, I'm pushing the layout back in time but it's not worth ripping up the concrete track.

Left to do on the first board, 3 * buffers at the end of sidings, windows to fit to house, path to make to the house, and fence around the house. Footbridge to make and install. A small amount of ballast repair required. Before I swap out the first board I need to finish the viaduct which crosses to and is mostly on the second board.

While in the MRC there was a huge downpour, the puddles joined across the road on the way home.

Time to look at West Highland line buffers and see what's available in N...

Sadly I do not know where he is going....yet. But there will be no letter of condolence. I am hoping Ofsted land before he leaves and finds out the truth.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

It’s been another beautiful sunny but old day today. Once breakfast had been consumed Sheila and I went to the Trafford Centre to do a bit of shopping, she’s started doing the birthday/Christmas shopping, I just carried the bags! On the way back we called into the butchers for our weekly meat rations and I was able to pick up a couple of pasties, which we had for dinner.

This afternoon I made a start on clearing some of the stuff of the bookcase in the attic, so that I can move it to the centre of the room, along with the rest of the rooms furniture and cover everything up with dust sheets prior to painting.

This evening we had James and Amelia round for tea. James has just got back from a short break in Rome with his new girlfriend. We haven’t met her yet, but he seems very keen.

I see in today’s news that deaths from prostate cancer has overtaken those for breast cancer. Making deaths from prostate cancer the 3rd highest in the uk. On average 12,000 men die of prostate cancer each year, around 32 a day, sobering thoughts and not very good headlines. So get tested if you haven’t done so already.

Neil. Glad the op went well.

Goodnight all

• Like 12

I see in today’s news that deaths from prostate cancer has overtaken those for breast cancer. Making deaths from prostate cancer the 3rd highest in the uk. On average 12,000 men die of prostate cancer each year, around 32 a day, sobering thoughts and not very good headlines.

The 'good' news here (if I can call it that) is that men's health has improved such that we are living long enough for prostate cancer to be a factor - particularly the slower less aggressive forms. The 'bad' news of course is that no one wants to die of cancer. 

It malignantly sits there waiting for us to get old enough and if something else doesn't get us it will eventually. My eighty year old dad has (like some Early Risers here) been processing his prostate cancer diagnosis for a couple of years now. It is being monitored closely and his oncologist tells him that, at this point, something else is likely to get him first. A former (and otherwise very healthy colleague) was given a similar diagnosis in his sixties. It's never something you want to hear.

As much as I don't like endoscopy (with attendant TMI complications for me) I will keep getting regular tests.