The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good evening and best wishes to you all. Special thoughts to those who are suffering. Two more days have passed and I still have very little voice. Yesterday saw me struggle with an outdoor PE lesson, alongside a visiting sports coach in the howling wind and driving snow. All good fun!

The latest sign of the boss’ incompetence came this afternoon. A teacher in one of the older classes was out on a course this afternoon. The boss took the class, but half way through the afternoon needed to attend the meeting. That meant the class needed covering. So what to do? Guess which of the following options was chosen?

A) Call the deputy head teacher from non-contact time to cover the class.

B) Ask one of the other teachers, who were on, planning time, to step in and cover - promising to reimburse the lost time later.

C) Deploy a TA to cover the class.

Or

D) Decide to split the class - sending four or five children to every class in the school to “help” the class teacher without warning the staff and thus disrupting every single lesson in the entire school.

I wonder how many will get the correct answer.

• RMweb Premium

Good evening and best wishes to you all. Special thoughts to those who are suffering. Two more days have passed and I still have very little voice. Yesterday saw me struggle with an outdoor PE lesson, alongside a visiting sports coach in the howling wind and driving snow. All good fun!

The latest sign of the boss’ incompetence came this afternoon. A teacher in one of the older classes was out on a course this afternoon. The boss took the class, but half way through the afternoon needed to attend the meeting. That meant the class needed covering. So what to do? Guess which of the following options was chosen?

B) Ask one of the other teachers, who were on, planning time, to step in and cover - promising to reimburse the lost time later.

Or

D) Decide to split the class - sending four or five children to every class in the school to “help” the class teacher without warning the staff and thus disrupting every single lesson in the entire school.

Been there - oh, so long ago!  Things have not changed much, then?

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry here and a cold, bright and breezy day with some good spells of sunshine forecast.

Up early after another disturbed night and feeling a bit rough.

Been fasting since 19.00 hours and off to hospital for blood tests at 7.30 followed by X-rays.  Great!

According to RM tracking my Birdcage reached Croydon at 3.32am and will now be sent to Sutton so with a little bit of luck I may see it today.

Nothing else planned today except breakfast when I get back later.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Welcome to Friday. Unlikely to be poetic here but I’ll let you know.

3C and clear outside meaning the grass is crunchy and I was awoken at 4.17am by an MPV on de-icing duties

Best wishes to one and all especially our sick list.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Been to the botanicals and art gallery. New Myki card obtained (ours were to run out in March) so another reason to return.

Some trips now only need a tap on on the trams Rick.

Big holes have appeared here for a new metrolink tunnel...perhaps Leeds City Council could investigate having an underground railway.....it was only proposed in 1937.

Up very early to fly Propeller Sun to the south end of Hobitshire....

Have a great day and I hope all medical procedures go well and that those with ailments see an improvement.

Baz

Ps bright, sunny with a little breeze and a cool 22°C here

• Like 19

Good morning one and all

The delivery brat has found a new way to be irritating.  I now get the paper delivered in alternate weeks.  I twigged this only yesterday afternoon and strode purposefully into town to fetch one from the chapel next door to the newspaper office, for that is what one must do when default occurs.  This punctuated bouts of m*d*ll*ng and re-heating in lieu of cooking.  In the evening I completed a questionnaire which had been sent to me twice already aimed at men diagnosed with prostate cancer.  It came from High Wycombe and will be posted this morning to Winchester, for reasons best known to the NHS.  I do feel more than a little irritation at being asked to complete such things.  Perhaps there is a connection with the gloomy news item on Today as I type about the numbers of men taken by the disease.  Research funding is apparently half that devoted to breast cancer.  Still, amid the welter of statistics is one which suggests that we who have it are surviving longer.  I'm glad of that because my work on earth is not yet done.

Later today will be the fodder run.  I need to make provision for sarnies tomorrow despite not yet knowing whether the expedition that they will fuel will take place.  We shall see.  Meanwhile, best wishes and warm thoughts as always to the ailing, recovering and missing.

Chris 

Or

You couldn't make D up!

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to Candlemass day, the Christian festival of light, 40 days after the Birth of Christ and his presentation to the temple.

Welcome to groundhog day, where a rodent sees his shadow and Punxsutawny makes lots of money from gullible TV crews.

Welcome to Candlemass day, the Christian festival of light, 40 days after the Birth of Christ and his presentation to the temple.

Welcome to groundhog day, where a rodent sees his shadow and Punxsutawny makes lots of money from gullible TV crews.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3

This and that:

Since I've had soft close toilets installed - and got used to them - I tend to make a heck of a clatter dropping the lid in other folk's lavatories.

Getting to sleep:

With lots on my mind recently I've had to come up with a method of getting to sleep at night.

It may be of interest to others who have this problem:

Obviously don't take on too much liquid in the evenings or you will be up in the night.

Step one is to get comfortable in bed and think about every part of the body making sure it is relaxed from the toes up.

Switching off the mind is more difficult.

I choose a four plus syllable word and slowly count it in my head:

eg: Undergraduate One, Undergraduate Two and so on.

This is very boring which is the whole point really. 

Mostly works for me but is of little help when the semi feral old cat jumps on my privates in the night.

Edited by DDolfelin
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Chilly here.

This morning I will be degreasing the cooker hood. Fortunately some of it goes in the dishwasher.

I assume Bob's birdcage messages are arriving via Twitter.

Have a good day.

Tony

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

This and that:

Since I've had soft close toilets installed - and got used to them - I tend to make a heck of a clatter in other folk's lavatories.

Not a problem I have but my GP brother in law recommends Fybogel...