The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hi to all, just thought I'd drop in. A good day today, went up to the Mid Hants for a shed day in which we rivetted the hornblocks to the frames of Standard 4 76017. Rivetting is very satisfying if very noisy, trying to form a decent head on the shank of a red hot rivet is quite demanding but as I said very satisfying when it goes right. Also did the relief turn on the standard 5 down to Alresford and back, so got a little drive in as well.

Tomorrow, and whisper it ever so quietly, I shall be carrying on with laying some more track for Bodge City - could it be that my enthusiasm for my hobbies is starting to return?

I hope so.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Weather's largely the same as in Robert's place...grey, wet and above 8°, with only isolated patches of snow remaining, and these, I guess, being slushy by now. The good thing is, parking spaces in the street are mostly clear again!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Sunny but cold here.

I have a little shopping list that will need to be done before lunch. Friends will be coming over this afternoon. I've volunteered to make a poster for a club event so I suppose I'd better find my crayons and finger paints.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Luckily no more of the white stuff here which bodes well for my return to work tomorrow. Temperature is a positively balmy +4oC here at present.

Must get out to the car in the near future, as the trip to Scotland left it utterly caked with gritty salty gunk.

I'll check back after I get back from work tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

You can borrow my John Bull printing set if you want to.

That may require more artistic talent than I'm capable of, especially as I've got to produce some paper posters and a pdf of the poster. Essential information and a picture of an American train should be a good start! My artistic ability isn't great. I went to a school where the only optional choices at O level were art and woodwork. I spent the first week being rejected by the art and woodwork teachers. Eventually the art teacher won and I did woodwork.

• RMweb Gold

No artistic ability is needed, just a steady hand, very good eyesight and an ability to read mirror images.

Mind you, my set is limited to three very short lines of text and the outline picture of a butterfly.

The trains I had in my my first electric train-sets used to spark and vaporise the oil (tiny bottles of Shell oil) making a very characteristic odour. Modern lubricants don't seem to do that. Also modern locomotives don't seem as sparky!

My brothers Hornby EMU made so many sparks it was close to looking realistic! smile.gif

Evening all, been a busy weekend. Need another one to recuperate.

Picked up a couple of bargains in the Hobbycraft sale. 3 Thomas trucks (raspberry and cream tankers and ice cream covered wagon) for the princely sum of £5.99 (they'll get kept until Jamie's old enough to be forced into liking model railways ;) ), a Woodland Scenics tunnel lining mould for £1.99 and 2 bags of talus for 99p each.

Morning All,

These missing letters seem to be getting worse :blink: - reminds me of the time my keyboaaaard got aaaaa sticky aaaaa.

It is rather chilly here this morning. The temperature is -1°C and there is a reasonably heavy frost, but clear skies. It would be nice if the clear skies would stay for a while. So much more pleasant than battleship grey.

Oh well - as Don said, the second week of 2011. I wonder what this week will bring?

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

orning all!

Robert, I'm sure those missing letters are caused by THEM - trust no one... :lol:

Weather up here is mostly as you described, though foggy at ground level. I'd much prefer a clear sky as well... <_<

Have a good day everyone!

Morning guys....Stayed away last night to attend my mate's funeral this morning. Strange being in a hotel last night. Funny, as it used to be a way of life for me and do I miss it?

Do I hell.

Give me the comfort of my own home every time. :)

Anyway, here in Ipswich, it's very cold and a thick frost is covering everything. I'm sure today will be a sad one, but it will be great meeting up with a lot of old friends I partied with through my 30's.

Gordon S. Away from home. Ipswich, Suffolk.

Reminder to self. Don't mention the FA Cup to the locals....

Bedbugs never seemed to be a problem at hotels in the '80's and '90's (or before) but they seem to be endemic nowadays particularly so in the big cities (I'm talking 5 Star Hotels too). The other thing that is all over the place (literally, in hotel rooms) is ######. Always ask how often they launder/change those bedcovers............

Am I putting you off yet, Gordon? Or more so?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I think we have a milder version of the frost that Gordon has reported. The car was covered but the ice was very easy to remove.

Pete, ###### all over hotel rooms? I know the board's censor software doesn't like small garden birds or a certain pet rodent but it can't be either of those in hotel rooms?

How about: " A dried body fluid limited to males that is visible using UV light". Unfortunately I watched an "exposure" type TV program on expensive hotels.....................

Kind of puts you off staying anywhere, really.

I dunno whether we have frost as we are still covered in the thick white stuff - no, the other kind, snow - with more forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday and next Saturday. My snow blower getting a lovely workout but the berms are getting higher and higher. At the local Wallymart they must be twenty foot tall!

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Eeeuch!

I was oing to say ood Morning but Pete has put me off. What is it with sticky keyboards? My work keyboard has both a sticky nnnnnnn annnnd a sticky space bar!

Have a ood onnne all.

Cheers

Dave