The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. A big welcome back to Andy.

Uniformed up, brekky had and raring to go feeling like carp here. Let’s see what a wet Moanday has to throw shall we?

Thoughts with Deb. Best wishes one and all.

Morning All,

We have a fairly chilly morning in this part of the world.  The temperature is around freezing and we have the first frost for a while.

Welcome back Andy - Get well soon!

Time for a coffee.  Have a good day everyone...

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

That's a lot of yellow...

" Ducks"

post-15969-0-85993900-1515998907.jpg

And

it's the weather for ducks out there it's precipitating exceedingly heavily, and according to the radio womble we are expecting gale force 8 later with more rain.

Keeping on the waterfowl theme, to find they had closed the road past the Cremated Swan Inn again. Again no warning till you get there, again the diversion takes you back the way you came, for a ten mile round trip, again I ignored all that and went via the very soggy back roads, finding it difficult to see the difference between the roads covered in sloppy mud, the verges whcih are sloppy mud and the fields which are also sloppy mud.. Some fields are still under water from the last Heavy rain a couple of weeks ago.

And

So to work, still trying to catch up with the backlog, one more major system to do this week , plus starting the one due last week, plus there are some important small bits and pieces that need doing...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

Sounds wet outside but too dark to see. Tomorrow it is forecast to snow. As we are off for an early flight hopefully it will wait until we get to the airport.

Mick I had a convertible for a week in Orlando once. As it was for business I gained multiple brownie points with my boss. He particularly liked having the top down and using the air con to keep your knees and legs cool. Happy days!

Have a great day everyone, hoping to here positive news from all of our ailing and missing Ers.

C u later

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and it's been a windy and wet night here. 

Jumped on the scales this morning and a week or salads etc has paid off. 2 lbs have been shed.

Mick, that photo should do much to revive Debs and get her "swooping" in; nice knowing you! 

Best head off to queue in traffic as the weather here isn't going to make the driving any better. 

Have a nice day everyone. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Attempting to do some work, the in house network is screwed up, some people have access to some drives some do not, since 99% of my work uses the network I have no Idea what happening, I have computers running running programmes but are the the results being stored?

Meanwhile there are vast amounts of Updates being loaded onto computers.. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh... 

Good moaning from the soggy soggy boring borough. Back still f***ed. Got a semi-decent amount of sleep. 

Q: a quacking picture. 

Andrew: glad to see you on the mend. 

Mick: I rented a Mustang convertible last June for our few days in the Rockies. Well worth the extra few scheckles. Be warned, they aren't exactly spacious inside, but still comfy. 

Today I shall mostly be in meetings with time wasting morons. 

Enjoy your day. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Although good doesn't apply to the weather which is very wet and windy, has been for hours and will be for the rest of the morning, possibly clearing this afternoon to sunshine and showers. And breathe.

Didn't get to watch rugby yesterday (recorded it though) as it clashed with ice skating. Guess who wanted to watch that? (We have got other TVs but both prefer the big one.)

I believe the usual round of domestic tasks and a bit of shopping are in the planning stage at the moment. Not sure what I'll be doing after that.

Agree with Robert Hardy Chris but also liked Albert Finney in "The Gathering Storm."

Have a great day and try to stay dry, (on the outside that is - if you wish to lubricate yourr insides that's fine!)

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Soggy out, getting soggier. Robbie had to be bribed with a smelly treat to go out and returned to his bed when he came in.

I don't think we have much planned for today. It is quite nice that we both seem to have got over our colds and coughs at last.

Tony

• Like 17

Morning all.

Not a great nights sleep thanks to the wind and rain.

Today sees me battling Southern and South Western to get to Aldershot so that I can pick up the van. It could be an interesting journey with the weather and I haven't looked to see if there are any delays yet.

Once I get the van home it looks like I'll be getting cold and wet sorting it out for an early departure tomorrow.

My thoughts are with the missing ailing and recovering.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Sorry about my prolonged absence from ERs which has been occasioned by a combination of events, tasks, and jobs.  I have tried to lurk with not a lot of success.  All can hope is that all is well with all of us.

Not a lot to report of relevance here, but one bit of excellent news is that the rising surface water outside my house has at last been addressed by Lancashire CC - some 21 months after it was first reported, and five days after my complaint to my MP about the lack of response from the County Council was picked up.  Today sees the first heavy rain since the rectification work, so we shall see....

Back ASAP. 

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Good to see AndyP back with us. 

So, the weekend is nearly over and again it seems to have flown by. Very little modelling achieved.

Spent some time trying to figure out why the washing machine was not working. It sounded very odd yesterday when I put it on a routine hot cycle with soda crystals. 

Today it failed to complete any programmes and it was a choice of getting an engineer out for not doubt a significant fee, or biting the bullet and buying a new one. We chose the latter.

In other news it has been reported in the press the RN surgeon, Rick Jolly has passed away.  

He came to us at BHGC to give a talk on the work that the team carried and of course his book was excellent ... but my copy went missing sometime ago.  At the time the cold also 'helped' to minimise bleeding but research since has shown that that was a 'special' case in particular circumstances.

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s still p!ss!ng down here, Sheila has gone to her Zumba class and I’m here all on my own with nothin planned, what shall I do?

Mick, Mustang convertibles are lovely cars, but the boot is very big. So if you are taking large cases, expect to have one on the back seat!

Great to see Andy P back with us again.

Back later.

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Rain,what rain?

There is even a little bit of diluted sunlight in the Telfland micro climate.

OFMC meets tonight, so lots to do.

The Obergrumpenfuhrer needs a trip to Newport, later on this morning prior to her two days in Gogledd.

I have started my countdown timer for visiting the small Cardiff show on Saturday.

• Like 15

Morning all, not had time for a proper catch up as yet, just got in from work so hope all's well,

DIY's finished at last (honest...), and to give us the best chance of selling the house we've gone for the more muted tones...  :biggrin_mini2:

post-7638-0-51947200-1516011688.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit of a late riser this morning as I didn't wake until well gone half eight. For a brief spell this morning the sun actually broke through. Spent some time yesterday looking for a birthday card for a 10 year old, there doesn't seem to be a lot available of what I'm looking for, one that comes with a badge telling everyone that the wearer is 10 years old. His birthday fortunately falls on a Saturday and his dad and myself are planning a model railway exhibition visit as a birthday treat. Get well soon Debs and any other ailing ER's, be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Wow! The 70s called.  They want their room back.

Which wall is covered in artex and was the carpet bright orange, not to mention the lava lamp.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Robert Hardy plaited a pretty good Churchill I think - Ian McNiece got the look but not the voice, Timothy Spall seemed a bit strained in the role and didn't quite make the cut in my view, and I can't remember too much about Wensley Pithey's performances but I think he did pretty well and he definitely cornered the role at one time.

So back to earth - and it's not only soggy but every effort is being made by the clouds to make it soggier although we are promised a bit of sunshine later.  the latter is just as well as we have 'a sample' to get down to the vets and the cockwomnbles of Swansea have yet to provide me with a Driving Licence or indeed even whisper in my direction what the merry h*ll they are s*dding about at; no doubt their office block is really located in the suburb known as Llareggub because that seems to match what they're doing.

However who wants to drive when I'm tasked to the vacuum cleaner and am under orders (repeated for the third successive day) to de-muck the outlet in the washbasin in the ensuite.

Have a good day one and all and continuing positive thoughts for those who are suffering and recovering.

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit of a late riser this morning as I didn't wake until well gone half eight. For a brief spell this morning the sun actually broke through. Spent some time yesterday looking for a birthday card for a 10 year old, there doesn't seem to be a lot available of what I'm looking for, one that comes with a badge telling everyone that the wearer is 10 years old. His birthday fortunately falls on a Saturday and his dad and myself are planning a model railway exhibition visit as a birthday treat. Get well soon Debs and any other ailing ER's, be back later.

Phil, if it is any help, you can often buy a badge separately from a card; we did for Younger Lurker for his 9th birthday just before Christmas. Not that he would wear it....!

• Like 10