The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Macs have very similar hardware to PCs now anyway. Try disconnecting any cd/DVD drives and rebooting. Check the ram chips are seated firmly.

Failing that have a look at whatever John Lewis are selling.

Then install Linux.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Good to see AndyP back with us. 

So, the weekend is nearly over and again it seems to have flown by. Very little modelling achieved.

Spent some time trying to figure out why the washing machine was not working. It sounded very odd yesterday when I put it on a routine hot cycle with soda crystals. 

Today it failed to complete any programmes and it was a choice of getting an engineer out for not doubt a significant fee, or biting the bullet and buying a new one. We chose the latter.

In other news it has been reported in the press the RN surgeon, Rick Jolly has passed away.  

• RMweb Premium

In other news it has been reported in the press the RN surgeon, Rick Jolly has passed away.

Yes I'd seen that. I read his book and saw the documentary about the hospital at Ajax Bay. He appears to have been a great guy and will no doubt be sadly missed especially by those who owe their lives to him. I hope that an Argentinian representative will be allowed to attend the funeral if they wish to.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,...

Spent some time trying to figure out why the washing machine was not working. It sounded very odd yesterday when I put it on a routine hot cycle with soda crystals. 

Today it failed to complete any programmes and it was a choice of getting an engineer out for not doubt a significant fee, or biting the bullet and buying a new one. We chose the latter.

Will you install Linux on the new one?

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Welcome back Andy P.

They can't keep the good ones down.

Club open day went well. Good attendance and the first proper run of more than one train was accomplished on our new layout.

post-408-0-72586000-1515968689_thumb.jpg

Hockey win 7-2, so a good day was had.

Back cracker Chiropractor at 8.30am tomorrow.

Have a good Monday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone.

The weather this weekend has been very dull, cool, but dry. However, despite that, yesterday I washed the car (for the first time), cleaned and polished the brass door furniture on the front door and cleaned out the dispensing tray on the washing machine.

Today, I’ve spent a bit more time in the cellar, honing a couple of compasses so that I can use them to line with those too! They’re both working quite nicely, but I’m still struggling with the paint.

Then after a tea, which consisted of pork chop, roast potatoes and vegetables, it was time to put my feet up a open another bottle of red. It’s currently p!ss!ng it down

Goodnight all.

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention, that as today was Sunday, that meant it was breakfast in bed, one of the subjects that we were discussing this morning was star signs. Sheila asked me what I type of sign mine was, being a Leo I said it’s a fire sign. She then asked if I knew what type hers was, she being an Aquarius, I said it was an Earth sign. I then remarked, that between the 2 of us we could be Earth, Wind and Fire!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

And welcome back to Andy - good to see you back among us but please take it easy and lay off layout building for at least a few weeks.

interesting thing on the 'box tonight, a film called 'Ned Kelly' and as the title implied all about him but one fascinating thing was the appearance of Charles Tingwell in the film - those who are old enough might remember him from 'Emergency Ward 10' on ITV a good many years ago (he appeared in 5 episodes between 1957and 1962).

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

That's an awful lot of yellow.... :rolleyes:

*DUCKS*

:jester:

To please all some others, there is a water boiler thingy in that photo.......

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Just upgraded car hire for holiday.

$80 extra for 6 days in a Mustang convertible (or similar) in Florida.

I checked with Mrs NB that this would be nice as an extra surprise for Junior NBs 21st birthday celebrations that will take place during the holiday.

Her reply "who's it for really?" 

I had to grudgingly admit that it was for me....

But she okayed it with the proviso that if my head gets sunburnt, there will be no sympathy from her.

YAY!

I will go to sleep happy.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

Just upgraded car hire for holiday.

$80 extra for 6 days in a Mustang convertible (or similar) in Florida.

I hope it's for a trip down to Key West. That's a really great drive!

• Like 12

We had a walk in a local park this afternoon. Misty, with the sun going down through the trees.

The Pacific Northwest is a truly beautiful place. (I'm glad the rain stayed north for you.) We had sunny skies and temperatures suitable for April over the weekend.

What did I do?  Watch NFL playoffs. Silly me. (I did do a bit of gardening - until all the bending over made me a little light-headed.)

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 4