The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I need a Chiropractor can you send me her address? :boast:

My original chiropractor was also the England Rugby team's chiropractor. If he could throw Lawrence Dallaglio around like a rag doll.... Sadly he became ill and returned to his Native New Zealand. The chap that took over the practice is also a Kiwi ex rugby player that is built like a nuclear bunker. An adjustment with him frequently sounds like a herd of elephants marching over a field of bubble wrap.  

Morning all. A bit late on parade as other things took priority.

Yesterday was one of mixed fortunes.

I went to have a look at the van and test drive it but found several things wrong which the dealer wasn't prepared to give a discount on so I walked away and I am now trying to source another one.

The meal last night was in a small village pub. The food and service was excellent and not too pricey either. We ended up talking for ages to the point where we had to be kicked out having not realised the time.

The drive back was interesting thanks to the volume of falling and standing water with many drivers definitely in the 'too fast for the conditions' club.

Today will means getting the shopping for my parents as dad still isn't quite fit enough to complete this himself and I'm out again this evening. Modelling time is certainly diminished but I'm not complaining.

My thoughts with Debs and all ailing and missing ER's.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A bit late on parade as other things took priority.

What Duncan said!

A bit of sunshine here at the moment and quite nice out although some more showers are possible.

I was required to visit Sainsbury's earlier as "we" forgot to get some things in the shopping. As one of these things was essential for tonight's meal with friends and neighbours attending it fell to me to put things right. The trip took a while because of single lane traffic lights by a junction and a bus stop which wasn't helped by tw#ts coming through on the red.

I then "forgot" to take a letter to be posted (that I knew nothing about) that "we" forgot to post yesterday so then went for a walk to the postbox.

Now sitting down with a coffee and thinking about what to have for lunch in an hour or so.

Tonight there will be a certain amount of eating and drinking at GDB Towers. Going on past experience with these particular friends quite a large amount of both. :yes:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

Morning all

A bit damp outside, but expecting it to get colder and brighter by tomorrow.

Sorry to read about Debs and wishing her well.

Had my colonoscopy on Weds 27th. You may recall that they were unable offer me an earlier colonoscopy appointment because I had no operation date, and Basingstoke said that they could not give me the operation date until I'd had the colonoscopy...  

My oncologist's secretary was off last week, returning 3 Jan (2nd Jan is a holiday here), so was not able to email the colonoscopy report to Basingstoke until then... - and as the Basingstoke ward meeting was on Tuesday 2nd, I have to wait until next week for the operation date. My original meeting at Basingstoke was on 24 November, so am a trifle concerned about apparent lack of urgency on all sides. Will be happy once it all gets underway.

Hope Gwiwer's trip to the town was successful, though.

We usually wait until the morning of 6 Jan to take down all of the Christmas stuff, so will be doing that tomorrow. Then a friend is having a small house party in the evening, something to look forward to.

Next fun will be Burns' Night on 25th.

Hope you have a good day

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

What Duncan said!   :punish:

A bit of sunshine here at the moment and quite nice out although some more showers are possible. 

I was required to visit Sainsbury's earlier as "we" forgot to get some things in the shopping. As one of these things was essential for tonight's meal with friends and neighbours attending it fell to me to put things right. The trip took a while because of single lane traffic lights by a junction and a bus stop which wasn't helped by tw#ts coming through on the red. :threaten:  

I then "forgot" to take a letter to be posted (that I knew nothing about) that "we" forgot to post yesterday so then went for a walk to the postbox.  :rtfm:

Now sitting down with a coffee and thinking about what to have for lunch in an hour or so. :umbrage:

Tonight there will be a certain amount of eating and drinking at GDB Towers. Going on past experience with these particular friends quite a large amount of both.   :dancing:  :drink_mini:  :wacko:  :bad:  :swoon:

Have a good one,

Bob.

And waking up with a hangover mid-day.  :laugh:

From Debs

She herself contacted me, which is good news.

She's been moved to a side ward on her own. Says that she has a private bathroom which would be good if she were allowed out of bed to use it, which is a sign of her humour and spirit not being broken.

However she has been advised that she'll be there for a few days, which is a sign of how seriously she's been affected. She said that she's lost some time and can't recall accurately, which is also a sign of the seriousness.

She's also posted a pic of her heavily bandaged hand holding a pic of John. She's been through the mill.

I'm collecting all the comments and relaying them to her.

When I know more I'll keep everyone posted.

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear that John, particularly about her sense of humour still being there. Tell her I'm thinking of posting a large collage of loco photos. That should cheer her up even more!  :jester:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear that John, particularly about her sense of humour still being there. Tell her I'm thinking of posting a large collage of loco photos. That should cheer her up even more!  :jester:

Hopefully. at some time in the very near future,  you will be able to compare scars on here.

Only joking Debs. Thoughts continue to head your way.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I used to visit a Chiropractor and SHE only wore Bra Pants, Suspender Belt and Stockings under her thin white coat, it took me ages to get better.  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

That sort of reminds me about a mate's stag do - about 30 years ago - at a Greek restaurant.

A stripper had been booked who was going to turn up dressed as a WPC.

At the appointed hour I was delegated to wait outside the restaurant to make sure she knew who was the "stag". 

A young lady hoved into view dressed as a WPC and I dutifully enquired... 

"Hello, luv, are you the turn?" 

As it happened she wasn't.

:no:

:angry: 

:blackeye:

:jester:

POETS and a late checkin today <yawn>

Nothing exciting to report except a rant about the idiocy of "US healthcare/insurance/daylight robbery/incompetence" but I'll save that until I've calmed down some :triniti:  :butcher:  :rtfm:

Will probably POE today - seems like a good idea.

The weather has apparently decided that "warming up" means the temperature DROPS another 4 degree, so this AM we were at -23 again :(

-18 now and sunny just after noon - the high expected to be a lofty -17 woo-hoo!

Fortunately no snow in the forecast for now, though we're far better prepared to deal with it than the east coast that is variably paralyzed it seems...

Enjoy the Friday evening festivities if you plan any :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Drawing a breath is also highly recommended ;)

I’m not much of an artist - will this be a problem?

That's all you really need.

Has that changed? All you needed used to be love.
  • Like 6

What a day! Had to go for bowel screening today, and absolutely dreading it for all the obvious reasons, though was over the moon to come away with an all clear. Was tempted to decline when I got the letter at first, I can admit, though I'd never know if anything might be wrong, so now glad I went through with it and can put it behind me..Isn't it a pain in the nether regions getting older!!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Basingstoke

Hope Gwiwer's trip to the town was successful

Mal

Thank you Mal and all the best to you. My trip was successful inasmuch as I reached and returned from the training thereat. How successful that training was may only be revealed if I am ever in the position of choosing to intervene in a potentially suicidal situation.

While we all hope never to be there it is indeed useful to have had this day as it equips me should it be needed.

• Like 4