The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Stupid is as stupid does.

But isn't it correct that by the time the rash shows the contagious period has gone?

edit

I correct my statement it's contagious until the rash has fully scabbed, which is about 5 to 6 days after the spots appear.

Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

The weather here has been absolutely awful today, rain, rain and more rain, I’m glad I stayed in.

Well that’s it, all the Christmas decorations have been taken down, boxed up and put back into storage until next Christmas. It’s strange isn’t it, it took me almost two days to put them all up, yet it took just over half a day to pack them away again!

After tea I completed the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, as I didn’t have all the ingredients for a cheesecake for after tea tomorrow night, when we have Ava, Evie and Max when they come for tea.

There are plenty of large puddles around when I went out this evening and the wind has started to pick up now, but thankfully the rain seems to have stopped.

Dom. Hope you feel better soon.

Mike. Happy birthday.

Goodnight all.

• Like 1

A very productive day with a lot achieved and I even managed to fit in some modelling as well.

Tomorrow I'm meant to be going to organise the new van and hopefully the weather won't cause too many problems.

Night all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Family coming tomorrow, so I checked the railway. There seemed to be the wrong type of leaves on the track.

post-6938-0-20785600-1514951700.jpg

(One of the cats gets up and attacks the foam on the trees.)

• Like 3

Morning All,

First of all, belated Birthday Greetings to Mike and get well soon Dom!

We have a rather blustery morning in this part of the world, but set to get even windier later on.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Arrived at Attendance despite stormy overnight weather. Sleeping was another matter as the wind noise outside was rather loud. No trees down but one errant Christmas tree was observed blowing down the road.

All the best.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Quite blustery here. I haven't been out but Aditi said she had to move some overturned potted plants that were blocking Robbie's access to the garden.

Matthew's flight yesterday departed and arrived punctually. He sent a message to let us know he was on the airport bus. He gets off before the city centre to catch a train out to West Dublin. I suspect he will be back at the university today.

I don't plan to do much today. I may resume walking Robbie. My cough is much better When I don't feel feverish. Aditi is off to Rochford to attend a lecture on castle building.

Have a good day.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner temple Here,

A terrible nights sleep for which I mostly blame Eleanor..

Coming home yesterday one cockwomble decided to turn the road into 3 lanes, hence his wing mirror is now in the road, taken off by the Big 4X4 that was in front of me...

I was dodging bits of tree in the road on the way in and brambles blowing across the road out of the hedges.

The radio womble this morning was on about various road closures due to flooding or trees down, the Sheringham railway line is also closed due to a tree down. Dire threats of More flooding this afternoon High tide is around 11:00 this Morning at Yarmouth and then it takes 4 to 5 hours to work it's way up the broads, it's also a spring tide tomorrow when Eleanor will be blowing Down the North sea towards us. The road at Wroxham by the boat yards, drains into the river, with the water this high, the river drains into the road....

Time to get the wellies out....

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl.

A somewhat better night's sleep was had, though with interruptions most likely caused by having rested so much during the remainder of the day. Still a bit of fever, too, but I guess as this means the body to be fighting back, I shouldn't worry too much, uncomfortable as it is.

Belated HB to Mike, too!

Later…

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a still windy Surrey. Definitely no sprouts for me as whilst I will eat them I am not keen on them.

First few trains of the morning were very delayed or cancelled due to a fallen tree but at the moment all running better than normal. The GWR service caught a few passengers out as with the new platform 0 point work and signalling it now stops further down the platform 1.

Last night I tried to rescue a the server but so far no luck it wil try connecting it and a PC to a different router as that may be causing it not to be found according to a a Microsoft forum otherwise I may have to purchase a NAS system to replace it.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and it's a blustery one here today. 

Traffic was lighter than usual yesterday so, I'm claiming an extra 15 minutes round the breakfast table.

Splitting headache re-emerged around 03:00, so today I'm going into the office with a packet of paracetamol and iburprofen. 

Travel this month will be to Newcastle, with the joys of navigating the corporate travel booking system. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Blustery here, but perhaps not as bad as many other parts of the UK have suffered.

Belated birthday greetings Mike - another milestone reached.

Commiserations to the ailing and suffering, and congrats to the celebrating.

Doc has changed my blood pressure meds as I am getting swollen ankles - so what do I do?  Scare myself witless with a read of the data sheet for the new tablets - Will I never learn?

Trip to vet's this morning for a final check on Lily's ears, then home to get poshed up a bit for an afternoon tea at the Midland in Morecambe (provided it wasn't blown away last night), and I need to get some coal and kindling as well - odd combinaton of destinations there!  Also a visit to Screwfix for more sealant, as the bath appears to have sprung another leak.

Not a lot more to report here, so

Regards to All

Stewart

ps Radio 2 in the morning seems a lot better without Messrs Feltz and Evans - and with Sara Cox replaced by Mark Goodier too - much better.  Dear BBC - keep it like this.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still very windy here after a very wet and even windier night. More to come today although there is mention of the chance of some sunny spells.

I've had a quick look around the garden (through the window) and everything looks intact. Haven't checked the roof yet but I didn't hear it come off in the night.

Most of yesterday morning was taken up with domestic stuff and the afternoon watching some recorded TV including rugby. In the evening I spent a pleasant hour watching some trains trundle around and doing a bit of shunting.

At the moment we are waiting for a large parcel for son Steve which may come today or tomorrow. Tracking for this seems to be stuck at the moment.

Normally our decorations would have been taken down yesterday but it has been decreed that as we are entertaining friends to dinner on Friday they are staying up until then.

Whilst typing this I can see bits of blue sky appearing through the murk which is rather promising.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

A bt more than a tad breezy the nearest weather station to home is reporting 60mph but Norwich airport only 45mph,

I hope it drops I need to load some sheets ply on the roof of the landrover later...

• Like 2

Morning all. Another terrible nights sleep this time thanks to Eleanor.

I'll decide a bit later on as the whether I venture out to sort out the van.

My thoughts are with those ailing and recovering.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

• Like 1

Morning all,

Eleanor has abated here, so it is much quieter than it was overnight. A number of roads were closed in Cumbria, notably coastal roads which were flooded at high tide overnight. The rain has also stopped so I might get out for my constitutional this morning. Mrs G is still suffering with her cold, but it is better than yesterday.