The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Mrs G and I had a trip to town for a few food items to restock the cupboards now that we have been eaten out of house and home. We arrived at Tesco just as a lot of stuff was being reduced to very silly prices, so we came home with a lot of stuff to go in the freezer and in the fridge. As a result, our dinner tonight was sushi for a starter, then DImsum followed by spaghetti and king prawns.

The house does seem quiet now with just the two of us, after having had 6 or 7 for over a week. However, Mrs G is now catching up with all the TV soaps she recorded over Christmas and hasn’t had the time to watch yet. She will be some time!!

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Work was attended and the task was taken longer than expected. My boss gave instructions to the other two guys if anyone phoned in to say that "I wasn't there...." Apparently, there was one call. Apologies if it was an ER.

In fact, the job threw up some more ideas to try, so I have some "homework" to do before I gi back officially next Saturday.

Off to partay......

See you next year.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Work was attended and the task was taken longer than expected. My boss gave instructions to the other two guys if anyone phoned in to say that "I wasn't there...." Apparently, there was one call. Apologies if it was an ER.

Mick

It wasn't me neither.

and Happy New year to all and Sundry. The house is ready and others are due to arrive shortly.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, and as NY is creeping up on us, I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a prosperous, happy and hopefully healthy New Year. 

A bottle of beer consumed and that'll probably be my limit as I'm driving tomorrow. Early night too I'm afraid, as I don't fancy being sleep deprived either as it'll be a 6 o'clock start on Tuesday. 

Night, awl. 

• RMweb Premium

Off to an 80yh birthday stroke New Years Eve party. Back after midnight and will be in no fit condition to post - so Happy New Year everybody.

Think of all the paramedics - and community first responders - on duty tonight. There will be three pairs of CFRs in South East London tonight.

Bill

Seconded re all first responders, and if I may add, policemen and of course public transport staff on duty tonight.

Reasonably calm on Line 12 so far. After the next round, I‘ll be stood until 2440 hours to bypass the fireworks!

Edited by NGT6 1315
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A grouse laced hot chocolate is at hand, the nearest thing to Hogmanay for me.

Good night and I hope you all have a happy and well,. 365 days .

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I am not having a good evening healthwise and I suspect my cough will drown out any fireworks.

However I hope those of you who are settling down early have a quiet night and for those celebrating have a great time.

My nephew who is a doctor and has just started in a new team at the hospital and was amazed to get some dsys off over Christmas and the New Year. His girlfriend who is a nurse and has had a quite varied shift pattern over the holiday period. As she has now moved in with nephew Josh does one still refer to her as girlfiend? I just use her name!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Minutes left until the mince pies strike midnight and the fireworks whizzpop out of the whisky bottle.

The neighbours have gone out a-partying and I shall go for a stroll around the locality shortly after 12.  Definitely no driving though.  Quite apart from having no vehicle I don't want to be the one pulled for breathing toxic fumes from the driver's window while addressing the uniformed person something like "Good Year, my Happy New Officeable.  My consternevening is rowing wather gell and I;m not half as thunk as I might drink I am."

Wishing all the best of New Years what ever your circumstances.  

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Not a lot to report today, but after a bit of a lie in this morning it was once again back down to middle earth for a bit more modelling. I’ve made another building for Max, I’ve modified a kit that normally makes a row of 4 cottages, so that I can make a pair of cottages instead. They have now been assembled and just await a coat of varnish, then it will be put to one side until we give it to him next time we see him. I’ve also framed the 2 button pictures that Ava and Evie made last week, so they too can also be taken home with them we they next come.

This evening I spent a pleasant hour talking to my brother in Canada and is usually the case, nothing of any great importance was discussed, just general chitchat, but it’s nice to talk as the old advert used to say.

Happy New Year everyone.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

' Afternoon all from red dragon land.

Repeated sun for 5 mins followed by downpour.  Currently the latter.

Just watched 1 of our 3 Christmas present videos.

You might know it.

It is about a little blue tank engine.

We will probably watch another railway related one tomorrow.  Any guesses?

Now watching Mighty Trains - fish train Sweden - Norway.  Another world and kids working cutting out fish tongues...

Catch up later if I can.

Something from The Merioneth and Llantisilly Railway Traction Company Limited?

More to do with a London Station (First Great Western liveried stock)  :locomotive:

H A P P Y  N E W  Y E A R

e v e r y b o d y

&

Don't forget to keep your

R e s o l u t i o n s

:drink_mini: :rtfm: :friends:

• Like 18