The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all. A chilly start to the day and it's not expected to get much warmer.

There are no plans to venture out today however tomorrow might be a different matter.

The kit from yesterday is being put to one side while I get on with some of my own modelling. I may go back to it on Saturday.

Thoughts with Debs, Rick, Simon et al.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Yippee, delivery slot of 13.05-14.05 has been advised.

I have a DPD delivery coming to work with lots of stuff for the test track. It's due 1204-1304.

I know white van men are quick, but Yorkshire-Surrey for the next drop is pushing it a bit......

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Hard frost but now bright and sunny - just as well as laddo has just set out cross-country having been asked to pop into the office to feed the goldfish.  Apparently the deputed holiday time goldfish feeder has gone sick )well that's their story).  The Good Doctor has returned to work but her 06.00 start meant she no doubt missed the worst of the frost as it was well before dawn.  Meanwhile us aged folk are keeping the house occupied and I believe some sort of food recycling is underway in the kitchen - might mean a chicken pie or possibly chicken soup, and possibly attention to the teapot as I feel the need for a third mugatea coming on.  (Dammit - foiled again, she has made herself some coffee  :O  :triniti: )

Have a good day one and all and positive thoughts for those wh are ailing and their families.j

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Nope, not yet Bob.     :no:    Anyway I believe "we" have a lot of tidying up to do so that'll keep me occupied for a bit. 

Don't forget your bump hat and Zambuc is good for whip marks. :jester:

Latest from Debs

Keith (Dad) is a lot better - potential discharge in the new year.

Debs - now confined to hospital in Liverpool - the problem she was admitted to Derby for hasn't gone away. The problem itself is what she was traveling to Luxembourg for two years ago.

Sense of humour and irony undiminished.

She'll keep me informed.

She didn't say so, but if we do it quietly we can talk trains as long as there's not too much of it :)

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,

Large parts of the fallen tree, have been cut away. Much more to do, I took the advantage of getting two separate hours working on the shed layout while the battery of the chainsaw on a stick recharged.

The work on the layout, consisted of fixing the plywood tops on several sections of framing. Two sheets of plywood were demolished in the process. I think I have just 3 more sheets to go before I can start actually making baseboards.

I'd see they are going on about people not seeing police on the beat in the last year.

I doubt there has been a policeman on foot on this street in the last hundred years. Go to the nearest town 5 miles away and I've seen a policeman of foot there twice.... In the last 16 years. Extend that to a twenty five mile radius so you include Norwich Cromer and great Yarmouth then it might be just ten times in the 16 years....

Right time to go into battle with the SSD.

• Like 16

.....I'd see they are going on about people not seeing police on the beat in the last year.

I doubt there has been a policeman on foot on this street in the last hundred years. Go to the nearest town 5 miles away and I've seen a policeman of foot there twice.... In the last 16 years. Extend that to a twenty five mile radius so you include Norwich Cromer and great Yarmouth then it might be just ten times in the 16 years.....

Maybe Norfolk isn't an attractive base for ISIS.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe Norfolk isn't an attractive base for ISIS.

For some reason our Sky box by default makes our BBC regional service BBC East. The strongest terrestrial signal is BBC London region. The BBC East rarely mentions South Essex. Anglian crime seems a bit different to London crime. Tractor theft and turkey rustling have been mentioned before. Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 4

Morning on a NOT BIN day - due to the holiday Monday our BINs are apparently delayed a day...

Quiet yesterday and expecting the same today, minor work rumbling for some "lost billings", but provided a swift report to help them figure out how them messed it up :jester:

Off tonight to see the latest Star Wars with a friend, other than that a slow day all round.

-16 (Realfeel -25) with light snow falling, expecting 1-3 inches is all. High of -12 later.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Awl,

Large parts of the fallen tree, have been cut away. Much more to do, I took the advantage of getting two separate hours working on the shed layout while the battery of the chainsaw on a stick recharged.

The work on the layout, consisted of fixing the plywood tops on several sections of framing. Two sheets of plywood were demolished in the process. I think I have just 3 more sheets to go before I can start actually making baseboards.

I'd see they are going on about people not seeing police on the beat in the last year.

I doubt there has been a policeman on foot on this street in the last hundred years. Go to the nearest town 5 miles away and I've seen a policeman of foot there twice.... In the last 16 years. Extend that to a twenty five mile radius so you include Norwich Cromer and great Yarmouth then it might be just ten times in the 16 years....

Right time to go into battle with the SSD.

It is remarkably easy to see police on foot in this town - all you need to do is be in the bakers/cake shop at the correct time of day and they'll be there - civvy jackets or coats but the trousers are a giveaway (as is the fact that they are usually accompanied by PCSOs in full uniform).

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

E‘ning all. Life seems to be returning to the outside world post C****t**s as the interannum period begins. Which of course means the first premature ejac eruptions of firecrackers are occurring already.

Made meatballs with salsify in dill sauce for dinner and now stretching out on the sofa. Question is, which of the two whiskies I got for Chrimbo do I sample now? :jester:

Cheers, all...

• Like 19