The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I did try it on the diesel Bora, but this didn't appear to make much if any difference to the indicated average fuel consumption. All that happened was that the engine revs went up.

It wouldn't make a great deal of difference with a diesel as a diesel and petrol engines operate in different ways. A petrol engine when you press the accelerator goes faster. Every diesel engine has a governor which is effectively a brake and engine speed is increased by gradually releasing the brake (governor). If a diesel engine governor fails the engine will continue to accelerate until it destroys itself.

In this case the guy did the right thing and stuffed a rag into the inlet.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

The day went well, 'Christmas Dinner' was duly just about finished by the time of HM's broadcast so quite good timing, as a bit of supper this evening I had a pigs in blankets sandwich - nothing like creative use of leftovers.   Some pr*tt in the next road over appears to be using a completely different calendar from the rest of this area and started letting off fireworks at ten to ruddy five this afternoon; I think he needs to be told that we celebrate Guy Fawkes' adventure in early November and not on Christmas Day.

A wet and windy night has now descended but at least today's helping of sprouts is a long way short of imitating the combined effects of yesterday's baked beans for lunch and champagne in the evening, thank goodness.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The England selectors haven't just lost the plot... they didn't have a plot in the first place.

Lunch went well, the red wine was fine, then a bottle of port was drunk followed by Madeira.... and the pudding has, as yet, not been attacked by the Herberts...something of a record hereabouts.

Sleep well all!

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

The rain is being blown around by quite blustery winds. Some of our garden chairs had blown over. I went out with Robbie while he inspected the garden. I quickly came back in to get a coat.

Lunch was slightly later than planned but so was breakfast so it didn't matter. We all sat down and watched Beauty and the Beast. Only I like Doctor Who so I recorded that to watch later.

We have no plans for Boxing Day other than a walk somewhere with Robbie.

Tony

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Not a lot has been done today, it’s been bloody great.

The weather is currently wet, very wet indeed, I’m glad I’m inside.

Goodnight all

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

A happy Martyrdom of St.Stephen to you all!

SiL & son managed to make it up here. Dinner came off well; I had nothing to do with preparing it. I was given a $20 train set of no known gauge and covered with language written in Japan and translated in Hong Kong. I hope they don't ask where it is next year.

Weather stayed fair all day after the snow was removed from the streets.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

You could always turn the train set into a Christmas mini scene..

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Here.

A terrible night's sleep, my back has been complaining a lot,

Ben will be shown the sheep later, he's gone back to bed. He probably didn't sleep well as he doesn't like the wind howling around.

Sailing is planned for later, but if the wind is still high, it might be just be chatting in the club house having something alcoholic. It's gusting 36 at the moment, unfortunately it may be still too high by 11:00...

I'm going to see if I can have another nap..

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning to Most!

Good evening, or good afternoon to others!

It chuckinitdarn here overnight. Awoken by her indoors at 03:30 ish ...she was replying to a text from a friend who is on holiday....

Not a lot planned for today. We may watch the annual outdoor cricket match at North Leeds c.f... but if it's wet we may just stay at home.

C u later

Baz

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather damp village somewhere south of Baz. Up and about at a reasonable time and now getting ready to go and have coffee with some friends. It has been decreed that no work will be done today and that dinner will consist of leftovers so it's cold turkey. No problem with that. As a result of said decree I am wondering whether modelling is defined as recreation or work.

Best wishes to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Dry and bright here this morning if a bit on the chilly side, will venture out later to get a newspaper. I was tempted to step on the scales this morning but the screams for mercy were pitiful so I'll leave it for another day. Glad to hear the news of Deb's dad now I hope that Debs herself gets better soon.

• Like 3