The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all. Pleased to read better news about Emily and Simon's more positive post. To Simon - I hope the chemo goes ok and you can attend all of the events and activities you are hoping to.

Today has been an ok day. I braved Toys R Us first thing this morning and found it very quiet. The bike was fixed and I used it this afternoon whilst out delivering Avon books for Sarah. After Toys R Us I went over to the crem to lay the wreath in memory of my grandparents - always an emotional job.

The Christmas run in seems to have turned my daughter into a mini monster. She is certainly pushing Sarah's buttons at the moment, and mine too at times. A planned visit to her friend's this afternoon allowed Sarah some time to chat and Amber a chance to let off steam with her friend. For me the peace and quiet was filled with various household jobs.

This evening I caught up with some ex colleagues for a curry. Another enjoyable night - great food and company. Sad to hear that things at the old place are no better.

Tomorrow we are taking Amber on the Santa Special at Butterley I had better steer clear of the gift shop!

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Planned lie-in Friday.

Mrs and Junior NB out to work at 8am, hopefully not making too much noise.

I have been given a list of jobs to do, but if I pull my finger out, I should get them done in a couple of hours, making time for some modelling.

Back to work on Saturday and also Weds-Fri next week, but then I'm off until the 6th. There may be some more modelling and a site recce for the club layout on the days off. No golf or cycling just yet due to a combination of not wanting to aggravate the sciatica and the tendons in my hand are still not fully up to speed after my daft bike off nearly 3 months back.

POE if you can folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, Inner Temple here.

A reasonable nights sleep was had although I awoke at around 03:00, though this was made up for partly by falling asleep reading a book, an hour earlier than Normal.

I decided to come back Via the NDR yesterday afternoon to see what it looks like, well it looks like a dual carriageway.... It was however busier than I expected considering the next two sections are not yet open (expected March).

I hope you are all enjoying your extra Minutes daylight (seconds rounded up) summer is on it's way, although with the heating hardly coming on this morning it felt a lot closer...

I think all my parcels are in , ordered by me or sent by others. I normally stop ordering at the begining of December, to allow the Christmas rush to go. I am considering a Christmas present for the computer, A solid state drive, with the number of updates that keep coming these days it can take the PC 15 minutes to boot up which is getting very frustrating...

Time to.... go do some work for the next 3 hours 45  minutes as I'm having a real poets day...

• RMweb Premium

Belated birthday wishes David.

Gordon hope the antibiotics mean a good Christmas can be had, illness at Christmas is no fun at any time but even more so at Christmas.

Spare some warm thoughts for those with major illness in their lives at the moment.

Off to do some food shopping at Moreasons but first.....a mugatea!

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still dark and looks a bit damp outside. Not raining at present but may do later.

The Boss is already up and about as we are going shopping shortly. This will be our penultimate visit to Sainsbury's before C-Day. Today it's topping up dry* goods and frozen stuff with tomorrow being left for the fresh stuff.

Still haven't wrapped my presents so better get on with that today and also unbox and play with my new toy. Seems a bit strange that Hatton's have only had one of the set delivered but other retailers have all 3 in stock.

Should have gone to one of them!

Now being told I need to hurry up - no peace for the wicked!

Have a good one,

Bob.

*Wet goods have already been taken care of.  :whistle:  :yes:  :imsohappy:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9

Morning all from a grey and gloomy LBG. But fear not, today is the last day in the office until New Year, and the boss is not intending to come in, so I might get a chance to get a few things cleared up (ie shred some papers!).

Simon, I am glad that you the chemo dates work for you - and as others have said, forget about it over Christmas and enjoy family and friends being around.

It was good to read that Emily does not have pneumonia; and now she has been prescribed antibiotics, hopefully she will recover quickly. Experience with the Lurker boys leads me to the conclusion that young'uns tend to bounce back quickly.

Baz's post makes me feel slightly guilty that I have not yet attempted my tax return. But then doing it is a little like a busman's holiday for me....

And as for Andyram finding Toys 'R' Us fairly empty, he was lucky to find it open; a last minute deal has saved them from going under although about a quarter of their stores will be closing down.

Tomorrow sees the in laws coming down until Boxing Day so red wine has been purchased in vast quantities.

I am unlikely to post over the festive period so Marry Christmas and Happy new year to all, including best wishes to those who no longer frequent this thread (Trisonic Pete, Olddudders, Sherry, Travellin' Trev, Tassie Tex et al) and thoughts of those who are no longer with us.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Slept quite well last night, no itching or aching joints but when I awoke this morning I was laying on my right arm and it was numb and took about five minutes before I got any sensation back. Not a lot to shop for now, only fresh items such as milk and the decision is get it today or take a chance on any being left tomorrow. Somehow though I don't seem to be able to get into the Christmas spirit, I'll be glad when its all over. Bah bumhug!

• Like 4

Morning all. An excellent nights sleep for a change.

A day of sorting out a few last minute items including some more wrapping paper. I've been tasked with delivering presents to the extended family tomorrow. deep joy.

Time for another coffee.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Shopping completed. Two purple hearts awarded..a which in the back from a trolley and a "oh did I stand on your foot" from a woman busy texting...

Apparently I am stood down from household chores until tomorrow...more muddling time for me..oh s0dit got to finish tax return....

Stay calm, have as good a day as you can.

Baz

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here.

Plan for today is to go and see Star Wars Episode 8 this afternoon.

Other than that there are a few local cards to be delivered and a spaniel needs to go for a walk.

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Reading Model Rail this month which had a section on upcoming offerings by various manufacturers I suspect GDB's wallet will be groaning in anticipation'; I spotted a couple of things that would go nicely with his recent M7 acquisition. 

Get thee behind me Satan  Andy!

FYI I already have on order a Stirling Single & Dean Goods (both sound fitted) from Locomotion, 1 more olive green Birdcage and 2 dark lake, a Southern H Class, an SECR P class , 2 Pecketts, Dumbleton Hall and a Dynamometer car. How on earth can I justify anything else?   :scratchhead:

PS. What couple of things did you spot then?  :whistle:

• Like 6