The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Ah, does that mean there's a position open? Mind reserving it for me, and while you're at it, persuade your employer to cover my costs for relocating to the IoM please?

:jester:

(well, if you want you could take it serious :P )

That was why I'm on the IoM, DM. it was 15 years ago, I left NHS management before I ended up as a patient in a psychiatric unit - wibble.  But she got her chips before I left....########.  Work here in a young offenders team was much easier!  Trackshack only came after I 'retired'.

Edited by New Haven Neil

• RMweb Premium

trying to fit in meetings with friends and family around Christmas activities, overseas travel, crust earning is a right pain.. never mind it is all good fun!

Sleep well everyone

Baz

• Like 1

Duncan

don't know if this will help http://www.qaranc.co.uk/ambulancetrains.php

Baz

Thanks Baz

It's one of the better references but still gives scant detail. A trip to York looks like it will be in order in the new year. I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see if there is any suitable material.

I forgot to add that the World War 2 study group website is no longer there.

Edited by emt_911
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Baz

It's one of the better references but still gives scant detail. A trip to York looks like it will be in order in the new year. I'll be contacting them tomorrow to see if there is any suitable material.

It might be worth contacting Chris Mead who owns the layout 'Overlord'.  He has an absolute wealth of resources for his modelling and may well be able to point you n the right direction,   If you PM me your email address I'll put you in touch.

Jamie

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

An excellent Indian meal has been had by the ;local version of the UN (three of us males who were at infants and junior school together plus wives from assorted foreign lands the nearest of which being mine who notwithstanding her Cornish maiden name managed to be born less than a handful of miles into England, then one from Holland who was born in Indonesia, and finally one from New Zealand).

G'night all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I've lost track of the number she's bought and returned as they seem to come with duff batteries. So, if you do buy her one for Christmas, best to charge it up and see if the battery holds. Hope this helps.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if buying battery powered devices for swmbo constitutes an EA?

Good night folks.

Cheers

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Today was a little warmer and brighter than yesterday, but still cool, mind you, it is December.

The main station building is nearly finished, I’ve just got the roof and a few detail bits to add, these will be fitted in the morning and that’s another one completed.

Tomorrow we have Ava, Evie and Max coming for tea and Max has asked for one of my curries and a rocky road cake for after. I made te cak this evening and I’ll make a start on the curry after dinner tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry and mild at 9oC. A dry cloudy day with the possibility of some brighter spells forecast.

Penultimate day of taxiing The Boss to work. I will not miss going out at 4.30 ish especially if we actually get any wintery weather in the next couple of months.

Kids were good fun last night and we will see them again tomorrow night as they and their parents and uncle are visiting  to celebrate Chris's retirement.

Trains were running here yesterday and the new acquisition has now been run in. I also started to "run in" a  new decanter which I received for my birthday. I think it will need quite of a bit of that over the next couple  of weeks. :whistle:  :yes:  

This morning there will be an extra shopping trip to take advantage of a special staff discount which ends today.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 19

Morning All,

It is a somewhat mild morning in this part of the world.  The temperature was up to around 6°C on the way to work.  However, the weather is supposed to deteriorate toward the end of the week with snow forecast for the weekend.

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I don't think it is particularly cold this morning. I think thst we will be getting the same weather ad Robert later this week. I am just about to trek to the pavement tomput some recycling bags out. One of the neighbours has filled my bottle box up. He did ask. I wasn't even goung to put ours out as it only had a couple of jamjars and a single wine bottle.

Back later

Tiny

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Lummy! Won on the Euro millions!

All £3.40 of it! Still a win is a win as they say.

Too dark to see the weather outside so..off for my mugatea.

Have a great day

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 5