The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good morning one and all and good luck to Rick with the new job.

Much catching up took place yesterday but don't get the wrong idea as it was of cherished TV programmes that I was not st home to view when transmitted.  The antics of the rapidly diminishing bunch of pillocks comprising the Apprentice contestants never fail to amuse and appal and there was a particularly poignant episode of Inspector George Gently that I must have missed when it was new.  Yes, I know, I watch too much TV.  Some of it took place while the beef stew was in the oven.  On a cold day one cannot beat cubed cow tossed in flour and browned and cooked slowly with assorted root vegetables, a can of cheapo tomato soup and dumplings.  There is enough to re-heat but not on as many days as planned.

When I return from today's meeting with my financial adviser I need to fetch my prescription and have it dispensed before visiting the bank to get a balance check and order my ChFs or chuffs as JohnDMJ calls them.  Once all that is done I can relax by the radio and listen to someone I know on Round Britain Quiz.  There is also some m*d*ll*ng to be done but there always is.

Warm thoughts and best wishes to all in distress and recovery

Chris

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Nearly time to hit the road, although what woke me up at 03:15 I have no idea.

Curtains are still drawn so the meteorological situation remains a mystery. 

Have a good one everybody. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

No snow here this morning.

Dom, your photograph is very picturesque. Does the system have any sn9ow broom fitted trams?

Today will involve finishing the tidy up then some sound chip fitting.

Hope the day is going well for Rick, and for everyone else for that matter.

Mugatea required so TTFN

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

We had a great weekend in Manchester both at the show and afterwards. On Saturday evening after the club social we headed under the railway arches at Piccadilly Station to Alphabet Brewing then Cloudwater Brewing. Two great modern style craft breweries. We finished with a half in the Brook which is a nice pub in the old station buildings at Brooklands tram stop.

We were loaded and away from the show 45 minutes after the show closed. A suburb run via local roads to avoid a jam on the M59/ M6 thrn once back ok the M6 M42 M40 M25 we were home and unloaded by 10pm.

Last show of the year for us now completed.

Back on Southern this morning with our trains either late or cancelled due to train faults. Luckily ours is showing only 4 late so far.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, Inner Temple Here,

A surprisingly good nights sleep of 7.5 hours considering I'd all ready snoozed for 1.5 hours after the first Christmas dinner of the year. No further food was required yesterday :no:

There was one incident on the way home from the dinner , a henwomble pulled out of a side road turning left, straight onto my side of the road to avoid parked cars... She failed to see me heading on the correct side of the road towards her, full ABS activation braking required.

A few yards further on a man was standing outside the front of his house cleaning a barbeque, to cold for barbeques for me at this time of year...

The Christmas meal choices for the works section dinner have arrived by email, to be in By December the 1st.....

Time to go and see if I can get the next major system to be calibrated, it was running an over the weekend test programme which just needs a few manual tests on the Monday morning...

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the watershed twixt Aire and Calder.   Yesterday a good part of Her Mistresses Voice appears to have been found.  I belive that she has now set off to meet her mate at Asda this morning and look for the remaining percentage.   The new car was safely collected though there is wailing and gnashing of teeth as she can't sync her phone to the car. I just don't answer mine in the car.   I do however need to take it back later this morning to have the easy release handbrake refitted.  It's fallen off and is now in 3 parts.   I could do it myself in 5 minutes but better not.  

After church duties this morning I can now start tidying and emptying my modelling room, now that LGA has departed the house.  It's a matter of sorting the remaining contents into three parts.

a) Skip

b) Take to France therefore box up and take to the container.

c) Retain as part of a modellers survival kit for the next few months.

This evening I will be down at the club repeating the process in the area that LGA has vacated in the clubroom.   It's quite strange not having a layout to work on for the first time in over 20 years.

Rick I hope the day goes well.

To all other ER's good wishes.

Jamie

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Fairly dull and dry but to the east there is a faint glimmer of something yellowish through the clouds.

A couple of domestic tasks to be undertaken this morning but after that who knows?

Have a good one, 
Bob.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Today is likely to be spent chasing my tail. The pharmacy has told me that, despite several attempts, they cannot get any of the eye drops I need to take daily. I had a routine appointment with my consultant six weeks ago and he asked if I had a supply of the drops as the manufacturer was having problems with production. When I said I had six weeks supply he said that all should be sorted by then, which is now now - and it obviously isn't.

The consultant prescribed the drops but the prescription is managed and repeated by my GP practice and the pharmacy automatically fulfills it. I just have to collect the drops every two months from the pharmacy. To complicate matters there is some of the medication left in the current dropper bottle but the instruction say it has to be discarded after 28 days, which is today. I will ask the pharmacist if it is safe to continue to use them for a while longer but the problem of procurement needs sorting.

I suppose the first port of call should be the GP practice - but you know GP receptionists.......

Have a good day the rest of you.

Edited by BoD

Morning all,

Grey and overcast here so far, in contrast to last night which was very clear, allowing us a good sighting of the “super moon”, ie a full moon at its closest point to the earth. It was certainly very bright compared to normal.

Today it is off back to the widow’s loft to take away a small mountain of G gauge items, which will then be catalogued, price estimates worked out and put up for sale, along with the OO and HO stuff already taken from the loft. I did suggest a nice garden railway to Mrs G, but she wasn’t too impressed!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Best wishes Rick and hope everything goes well in your new job. The weather forecast is  for wet and windy mid-week followed by a strong icy blast straight from the north pole for the weekend, time to break the thermal underwear out.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Work on next door's patio enters week 8 (honest), fattening of doves in our front garden continues, and the Good Doctor has posted a picture of snow outside her hotel in Innsbruck, and I am tasked for 'a bit of shopping' later on.  However the brighter highlight of the day is that there is surplus bacon in the fridge needing to be consumed before it goes out of date (or maybe that should read 'too far out of date'?).  

Hope Rick enjoys his first day of gainful employment and that everybody else has a good day.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 19

Morning all,

Work on next door's patio enters week 8 (honest), fattening of doves in our front garden continues, and the Good Doctor has posted a picture of snow outside her hotel in Innsbruck, and I am tasked for 'a bit of shopping' later on.  However the brighter highlight of the day is that there is surplus bacon in the fridge needing to be consumed before it goes out of date (or maybe that should read 'too far out of date'?).  

Hope Rick enjoys his first day of gainful employment and that everybody else has a good day.

Just how many bodies are they hiding under there? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You know it's nearing the time when Ken Bruce plays, Santa's a Scotsman on his programme...

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

You know it's nearing the time when Ken Bruce plays, Santa's a Scotsman on his programme...

I seem to have missed that even when I did listen to Radio 2 when driving. I either listen to 6Music now or a CD..

Tony

• Like 7