The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

My entire life is editing. Currently I'm stuck at about 66,000 words - I edit out, then have to put in to expand what I'm saying.

Will be pleased in a couple off weeks when it's finished for this term.

But someone looked over my shoulder today and said "hey, we can use that."

At least it's keeping me off the streets

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  Chilly here today.

No unpleasant customers today thankfully.  If anyone has a cloning machine though, could you rattle off some 'Sir William Stanier' s please?  Lot of folk wanting them for Christmas, as they have seen it in the catalogue.  The non-mainstream types don't understand that not everything in a catalogue is available all the time.  Misrepresentation?

Can't afford a nice new Merc like Keith, by the 3 year old High-and-dry continues to impress.  Not quite as sharp handling as the last two Flawdes, (Focus & B-Max) but a much more comfortable ride, more refined diesel (don't care about residuals, I'll have it for years) great 6 speed auto box, better seats, better headlights, better control layout. The indicators work too, despite the car being designed, er, in a country that also builds cars that don't seem to have them. I'm sure Keith uses his though, as he always seems such a decent bloke (known him for years on the garden railway forums).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We now have a nice clean oven but my comment that she might like to pay me as  (although late in the day) she'd offered to pay for an outside contractor was met with a stony silence. I will remember that next time it needs doing.  :onthequiet:

No parcels have arrived, one seems to have been stuck in Warrington since 11.17 last night. No trace of t'other at all.

It has been beer o'clock here for about 2 hours now and may well be for another couple or three. :drinks:

• RMweb Gold

We now have a nice clean oven but my comment that she might like to pay me as  (although late in the day) she'd offered to pay for an outside contractor was met with a stony silence. I will remember that next time it needs doing.  :onthequiet:

No parcels have arrived, one seems to have been stuck in Warrington since 11.17 last night. No trace of t'other at all.

It has been beer o'clock here for about 2 hours now and may well be for another couple or three. :drinks:

My SWMBO wants to know if you would pop round and clean her oven as I got accused of being a lazy b'tard as you had done your one. :tomato:  :tomato:  :tomato:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Aditi cleaned our oven yesterday morning. She started the program and I opened the windows. When complete all that was required was a quick wipe over of the oven interior with a damp cloth to remove the grey ash. Very clever French oven!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Talking of silly prices, recently I was pleased to see that a bottle of a particular whisky was on sale for nearly £1000. A few years ago I had the forsight to buy three bottles of this whisky, all of which I still have unopened.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Can't afford a nice new Merc like Keith, by the 3 year old High-and-dry continues to impress.  Not quite as sharp handling as the last two Flawdes, (Focus & B-Max) but a much more comfortable ride, more refined diesel (don't care about residuals, I'll have it for years) great 6 speed auto box, better seats, better headlights, better control layout. The indicators work too, despite the car being designed, er, in a country that also builds cars that don't seem to have them. I'm sure Keith uses his though, as he always seems such a decent bloke (known him for years on the garden railway forums).

Neil, 

I had no intention of buying a new car this year or within the next few years, it was only the very good trade-in allowance that they offered that clinched the deal. It would have been silly not to accept the offer :yes: .

Certainly use my indicators but being inside the car can't see if they are working, hopefully they are!! Big white Mercs are the ones to watch for.... I got cut-up just before the Redhill turn-off on the M25 on the way back from the Telford O-Gauge last year, when one crossed right in front of me, missed the start of the turnoff and the last thing I saw was loads of sparks as he actually landed between the carriageway and the turn-off. That really scared me, think my heart was beating overtime for the rest of the journey home.

One of my friends gets a bit frustrated at times when he rides with me as I normally keep to the speed limit. If I don't the kind lady who lurks in the car says "please keep to the speed limit" ;) 

Keith

• RMweb Premium

That reminds me. My ex did the voice for one car manufacturer's sat nav; from experience I'd advise not disagreeing with her. ;)  :keeporder:   :jester:

And I just saw she posted some of her latest "breathless" narration for high-price Christmas products. Nice ad. Tres chic. 

• Like 16

Talking of silly prices, recently I was pleased to see that a bottle of a particular whisky was on sale for nearly £1000. A few years ago I had the forsight to buy three bottles of this whisky, all of which I still have unopened.

Not Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix by any chance?

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Aditi's sister presented us with quite a few bottles of whisky and whiskey last year. She had been storing them under the stairs and had become worried about them being a fire hazard. However I shall have to decline any more this year as I seem to have completely gone off whisky since having pneumonia. I passed the Drambuie bottles on to my neighbour who likes it. I think Matthew will take care of the Irish products!

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

My SWMBO wants to know if you would pop round and clean her oven as I got accused of being a lazy b'tard as you had done your one. :tomato:  :tomato:  :tomato:

I was wondering if we needed a Euphemism Alert there.......

Jamie

• Like 1

Because they changed the law on receiving benefits, mostly it's now job seekers allowance, so if you are not seeking work, but out there being a professional protester you get no money.

A few have used these funding platforms to fund their lifestyles rather than protesting.

Ye'd want an awfy sair heid for that money!

• RMweb Premium

Great concert by Phil Collins.

Getting back from personchester was interesting as it takes 40 minutes to get from Huddersfield to Leeds on evening trains. A nice trip down the L&Y to Wakefield Kirkgate then into Leeds via Methley Junction.

I now need some sleep so...

Night all!

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Not Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix by any chance?

They are St. Magdelene. The distillery in now a block of flats. I came across them in a small whisky shop and knowing the distillery was closed I took a chance. I paid £24 each a good few years ago which took a bit of justifying at the time. I realise the price I saw was in a whisky shop in Edinburgh and so inflated but auction prices when they come up for sale, which is not very often at all, are still quite high.

• Like 15