The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Ivan, has it got a rear screen demister? The only other thing I can think of is that it is somehow part of the air-con controls. Try looking at what it says in the manual about the a/c and heating controls and see if there is a button or control that is on your dashboard but not mentioned. If you want moss (not of the Kate variety GDB) I have plenty to spare, the front of the house faces due north and it grows in abundance on the front path.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12

I was once told by a Loadmaster from 47 Sqn that the worst thing about taking paras in the aircraft (C 130) was having to clean the lick marks off the windows after they'd jumped out.

I'm pondering on a suitable reply that won't get me banned

• Like 4

An easy day with absolutely nothing to remotely challenge me and the mileage is down to 20 miles after yesterdays 400.

There might be a slight change of plans for Thursday. I've been asked if I will give an engineer a hand with a job. The up side to this is that I can then return the van at my own convenience and get paid for the day as well.

A relaxing evening in front of the idiot box and catching up on a few topics on here.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Stupid boy! Was your father's name Pike by any chance?

Any fool with half a brain cell knows that is not a product of the GWR, but a BR(W) type, first built in 1949 after Swindon had gone rapidly down hill.

Go back to painting your diseasels and coaches in Bird's custard, and keep quiet before either the Stationmaster or 81C get hold of you and give you a damned good thrashing.

I'm off to have an apoplectic fit........the nerve of it calling a 15xx GWR, I ask you..........

Edited by Happy Hippo

• RMweb Premium

Any fool with half a brain cell knows that is not a product of the GWR, but a BR(W) type, first built in 1949 after Swindon had gone rapidly down hill.

Go back to painting your diseasels and coaches in Bird's custard, and keep quiet before either the Stationmaster or 81C get hold of you and give you a damned good thrashing.

I'm off to have an apoplectic fit........the nerve of it calling a 15xx GWR, I ask you..........

I don't know what your problem is Richard. Green engines look much better in maroon.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Gold

That's a GS. Mine's a CX. Two different models.

If the switch were an optional extra on some CX versions it would seem odd for it not to be originally fitted to one with an air con system. I assume Ivan would have noticed if the rear screen didn't have heating wires!

I had an Astra where the mirror heaters were activated from a tiny button on the centre console. On my next Astra I couldn't find the button and only found out they were switched on when the rear screen heater was on. In fact I think thst is now they have worked on every cat I have owned since.

• RMweb Gold

Predictive text changed car to cat. So I changed it before posting. I was quire pleased to have noticed but it must have done it again! I think my Renault Scenic was my first car to have a cat.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

15xx, 16xx, 57xx, 64xx, 74xx.

It's all xxxx to me......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

It was a frosty start to the day this morning, as as has been the norm for the last few weeks, I've spent most of it in middle earth. Today I continued working on the engine shed, it's almost completed, I've just got one of the hoods to build and both sets of doors to finish. Then I will give it a second coat of varnish and that's it.

This afternoon I retrieved the cases/bags from storage in the roof space above the bathroom, so that Sheila could start her packing, I did mine after she'd finished, as I only take a few minutes, as opposed to Sheila's couple of hours! I mean how much do you need for 2 nights? I darent ask Sheila that question!

The bins were put out, ready for tomorrow's collection, once they've been emptied I'll retrieve them and it's off to Harrogate. I think I'll call in at Starbucks Models after we've unpacked our bags, if there's time.

Goodnight all

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

When we bought our motorhome, I had to drive it home alone as Dayle was in the car. Halfway down the motorway it started to rain and I had to figure out the windshield wipers without being able to read the manuals.

We had the local club, half a dozen guys, over to talk and see trains. Very appreciative of my layout (and my wife's 2 layouts).

Spent the day as stationmaster at Windermere. Major chaos -- train #1 was still in the platform when it was supposed to arrive back. Some of the goods trains may have gone out with the wrong identification (I don't understand that part; someone else does.)

(don't know why text went like that.)

• Like 1