The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Pouring with rain when I awoke at seven this morning but now a wintery sun peeking through.

The bricks make very good edging for flower beds if concreted in.

But don't use them straight away, put them somewhere out of the rain or frost for a few months.

As I was saying this morning when the server went AWOL just as I pressed the post button. Thank you autosave.

• RMweb Gold

Still have not found the switch for the CX's rear window demister. Can't see it anywhere on the dashboard. The owner's handbook isn't too helpful either.

Internet suggests centre console rather than dashboard. However I know nothing...

• Like 9

The bricks make very good edging for flower beds if concreted in.

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted :

They also are amenable to growth of moss which makes them look better.

Unfortunately the gardener pressure washed mine and took the moss off about two weeks ago.

post-7041-0-79332500-1511882289_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted :

They also are amenable to growth of moss which makes them look better.

Unfortunately the gardener pressure washed mine and took the moss off about two weeks ago.

attachicon.gifIMG_7156.JPG

Roughen up the surface and add a little plain yoghurt if you want moss.

• RMweb Gold

We had a text to let Aditi know part 2 of her mammoth (apparently it doesnt taste like chicken) Waitrose order was 15 minutes away when we almost immediately got a phone call to say that the driver had had an accident and our delivery would be slightly delayed. The driver did turn up later with a new van and a colleague to drive.

Tony

Internet suggests centre console rather than dashboard. However I know nothing...

There is nothing on the centre console except the controls for the central air vents, heating, and (disconnected) Air-con. Also the ride-height selector.

Further back from there is the gear selector, handbrake and - next to the handbrake - the stereo. Logical thinking there.

• RMweb Gold

There is nothing on the centre console except the controls for the central air vents, heating, and (disconnected) Air-con. Also the ride-height selector.

Further back from there is the gear selector, handbrake and - next to the handbrake - the stereo. Logical thinking there.

Yes those are all listed as being on the centre console along with a heated rear screen switch! It isn't by any chance a rotary fan speed switch that can be pulled or pushed on and off? I can't remember what vehicle we had that had that. Certainly not a Citroen, our French cars were Renaults.
  • Like 7

Yes those are all listed as being on the centre console along with a heated rear screen switch! ....

This is what mine looks like. Identical to this:

May6%20067.JPG

Can't see a rear demister button or switch there. The little button below the central vent, next to the button which looks like a roundabout sign, is actually for the front windscreen vent.

• RMweb Gold

I have told this tale before but for the benefit of new readers...

I took Matthew to an exhibition held not far from here. He must have been about 4. He was in a train phase at the time and was quietly watching a GWR model with assorted express engines. After a while he asked

"Excuse me, why don't your engines have outside valve gear?"

The operator glared and ignored him. 

I explained to Matthew that the designer of his locos had once worked at the place where the GWR locos had been designed but had used outside valve gear on his design for the LMS (or something like that). I thought Matthew would be happy with that but he said "We should go and tell thst man, he doesn't seem to know anything about his locos!"

Great Western engines do not require valve gear:  They were heaven sent, so just work! :angel:

This is what mine looks like. Identical to this:

May6%20067.JPG

Can't see a rear demister button or switch there. The little button below the central vent, next to the button which looks like a roundabout sign, is actually for the front windscreen vent.

What's the switch to the right of the lighter? Also what is the switch below the hazard light switch on the right side of the dashboard? 

Probably not what you are looking for but just curious.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

What's the switch to the right of the lighter? Also what is the switch below the hazard light switch on the right side of the dashboard?

The one by the hazard lights on any other car would be fog lights!

The one by the cigarette lighter looks like a tea cup. Perhaps in France a coffee cup!

I wonder what the single and double snowflakes do?

Perhaps Ivan should get the Haynes manual from the local library.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 6

The switch to the right of the cig lighter is the ride-height switch which makes the car go up and down. Great fun at traffic lights.

The one by the hazard lights on any other car would be fog lights!

The one by the cigarette lighter looks like a tea cup. Perhaps in France a coffee cup!

I wonder what the single and double snowflakes do?

Perhaps Ivan should get the Haynes manual from the local library.

The one by the hazard lights is indeed for the rear fog lights.

I have the Haynes Book of Lies for the CX (99p from eBay), and it says nothing about the rear demister. Or at least nothing of note. I think it gets a mention in the wiring diagram at the back, though.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I too wonder about the single and double snowflakes - especially as they aren't too far from the winsdscreen demist button.  And as it's is next to the windscreen demist button what does the one with the little roundabout sign do - some sort of fan for the windscreen demist?  Are there any buttons in a central overhead console above the windscreen?  

• Like 8

I too wonder about the single and double snowflakes - especially as they aren't too far from the windscreen demist button.

Single and double snowflakes are for the air-conditioning. Cold or very cold. Doesn't matter anyway, because one of the previous owners completely disconnected the A/C so it hasn't worked in years. Probably will cost a small fortune to resurrect.

And as it's is next to the windscreen demist button what does the one with the little roundabout sign do - some sort of fan for the windscreen demist?

The roundabout one means "recirculation".

Are there any buttons in a central overhead console above the windscreen?

There's one above the windscreen? I never thought to look up there.....

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Shopping done. Eyelid testing...done. I might get over Warley before I venture to personchester to see and hear Phil Collins tomorrow evening. Youngest Herbert is paying and coming along. Appears he is under investigation at the Doctors as a routine blood test result has got them scuttling around.

A bit of a concern.

Off to make tea.

Baz

• RMweb Gold

Ivan you can always lick the screen clear as some of the Belingo drivers do.  :jester:

I was once told by a Loadmaster from 47 Sqn that the worst thing about taking paras in the aircraft (C 130) was having to clean the lick marks off the windows after they'd jumped out.

• RMweb Gold

Grandparenting done for the day and all kids returned to their home. Made a nice change to have Abbie here for a little while as she is rather busy these days what with work and Jack.

As "we" are on holiday for the rest of the week I haven't got to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning which means that I can have a bit more to drink tonight.

"Barman - same again please!"   :drinks:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all and greetings to all,

Queued to get to work. Queued to get out of work; 25 minutes to drive 350 yds along a side road.

Total commute to drive 28 miles today was 2 hrs 25 minutes. 

On the plus side, I got paid.  :yes:

Time to research my Christmas wishlist. :)

• Like 1