The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A few desultory bangs last night but not as noisy as Saturday evening. Traces of the mist and fog earlier this morning but the frost still adorns the car but should be gone by the time I go out. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 14

Morning all. Well, my short working day yesterday wasn't. After having a couple of faults that took ages to find and rectify, I eventually got in just after it became today.

A late start for me today before I head off to the Midlands again until Wednesday night.

Many Happy Returns to Aditi from me as well.

Time for another coffee before playing dodgems on the motorways.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Have now spoken to the supplier from Widnes about their advice of decoder for my new H class. They said that is "very difficult" to fit (I'd say impossible) - so much so that they now recommend a different decoder. To be fair to them they apologised and offered to take mine back but I've used it in another loco.

Get rid of it and go 7mm.........

You know you really want to.

Wooden spoon dropped and submerging back into Muddy Hollow (forward)

• RMweb Premium

Get rid of it and go 7mm.........

You know you really want to.

Wooden spoon dropped and submerging back into Muddy Hollow (forward)

Ah. That would explain the loud crash-thump from Neighbours (Upstairs) just now. They of the nocturnal hippopotamus festival variety.

I had assumed one had misjudged the boundary of their sleeping hollow and had rolled out

• RMweb Gold

Richard, my two companions at Wycrail will tell you that I was looking rather longingly at a Dapol Terrier. If I hadn't spent so much time and money on OO it would be even more tempting.

I finally bit the bullet, and am now slowly disposing of my 4mm fleet.

It is not as hard as it seems.

Lovely sunny day here today, but household administration, including some wallpaper hanging, will see off any attempt at engineering works on the railway until the OFMC arrive here this evening.

• Like 15

Morning all from the boring borough. Not nearly as noisy as previous years. I think all the idiots used up their fire sticks early this year. Back safely from 2 days of playing trains in Zummerzet. Despite the closure of bits of the A303 the drive home was an hour faster than the trip out on Friday. The module behaved itself as did the locomotive fleet. One dodgy coupler trip pin was the only maintenance required. Next outing in March. 

Many happy returns to Aditi. 

That be about it from here. Enjoy the day. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Happy birthday Aditi and I trust Tony will get his/has got his Full Irish breakfast.  I sincerely hope it is much nearer to 'full' than the allegedly 'full English Breakfast' offered at the hotel where we stayed in Sidmouth - quite how anyone has the cheek to so describe when it doesn't even include back pudding and comes with only one rasher of bacon is beyond my understanding.

Take care on the country 'roads' tonight Baz, there are one or two nasty bends up that way, especially between Highmoor and Stoke Row - and some of last night's slipperiness might not have cleared up in that area by this evening although it is supposed to be warmer tonight.  Oddly The Crooked Billet is the one pub in that vicinity I have never visited even tho' it lies less (just) than 7 miles from the front door of Stationmaster Towers - have a  good evening.

No daily orders have been posted muttered as yet so my fingers remain crossed for an opportunity to continue with various calculations and measurements to enable a meaningful discussion at some time in the future with a chap based in Lydney.

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 18

..... I trust Tony will get his/has got his Full Irish breakfast.  I sincerely hope it is much nearer to 'full' than the allegedly 'full English Breakfast' offered at the hotel where we stayed in Sidmouth - quite how anyone has the cheek to so describe when it doesn't even include back pudding and comes with only one rasher of bacon is beyond my understanding......

Fried bread?

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Note, to self,

when you are in a hurry and need some sustenance. Don't choose Hot and Spicy soup...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning all, just been having a scroll through this thread - and what a pleasant and gentle introduction to the day it is. By means of introduction, I am fortunate to live in a lovely corner of Somerset - not a million miles from the WSR. I model (late) WR steam and (mainly) early diesel hydraulics on a branch line setting - plenty of work to be done on the layout yet though.....

The sun's out today, but it looks chilly. Sainsbury's beckons this morning, doubtless followed by a visit to Caffe Nero for "the usual Steve?".......

Keep well, cheerful and happy modelling!

Steve

Welcome to the strange world of ER's Steve.  I hope that we will hear more from you n the future.   Also Happy Birthday to Aditi, and Rick I hope that your travels are not too badly effected by the little incident at Wombletown this morning though it could be a subject for photography.

Jamie

• Like 14

.  Our brand of church does not have purgatory in it's belief system.  However I am now convinced that the construction of Slater's bogies is a replacement for purgatory and that I have to pay the penance to progress to better places.   Hopefully my cunning plan of spending this afternoon getting some more bogie completed on a Sunday afternoon will pay off.  I will report later.

Regards to all.

Jamie

hopefully not directly from the afterlife ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Breakfast was as full as you wanted it to be. No fried bread. I think the potato boxty is the replacement here. Unlimited toast though. Now looking at paintings in the National Gallery.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

POE to visit the tooth wrangler.

Two old fillings replaced.

Just going through the numb/pins and needles in my lower lip as the anaesthetic wears off. 

Mrs NB returns in a couple of hours after nearly two weeks away. Major tidy/clean up in progress.

Back later.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

POE to visit the tooth wrangler.

Two old fillings replaced.

Just going through the numb/pins and needles in my lower lip as the anaesthetic wears off. 

Mrs NB returns in a couple of hours after nearly two weeks away. Major tidy/clean up in progress.

Back later.

Cheers,

Mick

Try my way of assessing your efforts.  When SWMBO has been away the kids ask me what was the score on her return.  This is the number of sins of omission and commission pointed out to me between her getting out of the car and getting through the front door.   Par is three.  I have occasionally had a birdie and even an eagle but usually I am well down the leader board.

Jamie

• Like 1

Try my way of assessing your efforts.  When SWMBO has been away the kids ask me what was the score on her return.  This is the number of sins of omission and commission pointed out to me between her getting out of the car and getting through the front door.   Par is three.  I have occasionally had a birdie and even an eagle but usually I am well down the leader board.

Double-bogey?

• Like 1