The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A long day but lots completed on "my" demo layout (all 30' of it!)

A1 a complete up screw today ... made worse by a driver of a Dacia Duster who I had followed past Harrogate and Knaresborough at 45 mph .. he then joined the A1 and immediately dived into the middle lane still at 45mph.

Coming back.. well if they ever finish the A1 road widening/surface repairs it may become a more enjoyable drive. All I would say is more freight to be moved by rail!

Off to do some parcel making and then perhaps a small tincture before bed. Tomorrow see a visit to some friends in Chalfont St Giles. M1 could be fun!

baz

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

MRC attended, a great deal of flocking done, I'm getting the hang of it... White sand distributed on the beach

Ben the Border Collie behaved very well no barking at all this week. He mostly went to sleep under the layout.

Pea soup fog on the way home but no Wombles hiding in it.

Highland Park sitting next to me, I hope to sleep well

Good night....

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

No lovely 250 year old b&b here, but consuming 3/4 of a bottle of Pinotage before the three pints of Doombar (under direct supervision of the PH), dictates a sound overnight nap will be forthcoming............................and no Obergrumpenfuhrer's bickering about alleged snoring.

Result!

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

It's been a rather dull but dry day and once again I've been busy in middle earth working on Max's train layout. I've completed one station platform and started adding a little bit of scenery material too.

This evening we'd just sat done with a bottle of red when Vickie phoned, 2 hours later we decided not to bother watching the film that we'd got out to watch, we'll watch it tomorrow instead, still it was nice to have a bit of a catch up though.

Goodnight all.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Currently raining and there is more to come apparently.

Still feeling rough but hopefully not enough to stop me going to Wycrail today which I am looking forward to immensely.

New little loco has now been run in 1 hour in each direction and is performing perfectly (as far as I can see anyway) Next job will be decoder fitting and one or two other bits but that will probably have to wait until tomorrow. Not intending to make any major purchases today unless of course I see something that really takes my fancy.  :whistle:

That'll be about half the stuff up for sale then! Down Bob, you've got enough anyway and more on order.  :agree:

More tea and some pills now needed,

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 4

Good morning one and all

Up betimes and to High Wycombe today for Wycrail.  Shall I do myself a fry-up before I set out or chance finding somewhere on the way?  Decisions, decisions.

Usual best wishes to all in distress or recovery

Chris

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather damp village​.   A good evening was had at the club and the layout is mainly crated up ready for Warley.   Some small jobs remain but they can wait till next week.   This morning it's our monthly Men's Breakfast at church then I believe that we are going to a Silver wedding do this afternoon.  Not a lot else to report but I might even get some muddling done in between times.

To those attending shows I hope that you enjoy them.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17

Morning all. A bit later than planned but not too late.

Wycrail today so I should catch up with a few ER's and others from this forum.

Another coffee first though.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Rain appeared overnight,we now have a light grey sky.

Birding loins ready for the jaunt down the M1 and M25 today..beware all ERs at Wycrail....I may get a pass out and attend.

TIME for my mugatea first.

Hope the next 24 hours are quiet and peaceful for all Ers.

Baz

• Like 17

Morning rascals......

Actually had to work yesterday......'quick' alarm fit in Bude a mere 38 miles away.

1 3/4 hrs to get there but only 90 mins to get back.......happy days!

Still that was most of the day gone and it is a nice road and the weather was lovely, shame it wasn't on the bike.

Family meal out as daughter is home from Uni on what they call a reading week......what that means I have no idea but it gives the lecturers a week off from students I guess!

Tidy the garden day today, yuck, and tidy the work room then, so I might actually be able to get in and do some.......

Best wishes to all.

• Like 17

I've finally managed to edit my video of River Mite getting up Mill Wood on Laal Ratty on Saturday 28th.   The driver had set back twice before this attempt and about 200 yards had been hand sanded.  The change in the sound when it gets onto the sanded rail is noticeable.   I believe that the driver, once he had got it under way, was driving with full regulator and then using the reverser as the gradient kicked in.   the sound was fabulous.

https://youtu.be/PJzp1OVnPqk

Jamie

Lovely bit of video, Jamie. Mill Wood is always the best part of the line for the sound, as the gradient is pretty steep and the trees seem to reflect the sound back. On my run up the line as a passenger on Wednesday, it was noticeable that the sound was different close to the loco, as opposed to the guarding position half way down the train.

I have only had to get out and sand the track once, and that was just past Beckfoot halt, much further up the line. It was slow, but effective!

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, inner temple here,

Finally a good night's sleep, 6 hours solid followed by another couple on the sofa.

Precipitation was heavy when I woke up both times, but when I finally moved in response to a pair of big brown eyes, Ben the Border Collie, and I took a double stroll around the garden without getting wet from above.

Breakfast has since been had, when coffee is finished work will commence,

The forecast is still insistent on further rain, so after some required house tasks, the doors will be built for the letter box. While some non approved woodwork may happen at the same time, for Tiree.

I fancy a second coffee, work delayed...

Time to... Put the kettle on ( again).

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Woke up this morning to the sound of rain on the roof, it had stopped by the time I'd got up but is not predicted to clear until after lunch. Not a lot to do today except the shopping, be back later.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Black Rat

"Family meal out as daughter is home from Uni on what they call a reading week......what that means I have no idea but it gives the lecturers a week off from students I guess!"

​What that type of thing meant for us was 'We have a great backlog on marking ... the students have a 'half-term' so you will all be in to bring the marking up-to-date".

Peter

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 9

Morning all

Sunny here and should be for most of the day.

Gabe away on a book club weekend i.e. a lot of drinking wine and discussion. The cocktail for their break this year is Cosmopolitan, apparently. Good job I'm on the wagon at the mo.

Decided to take an executive decision to pop to John Lewis today and purchase a new duvet. Our current one isn't doing the job and seems to have gone all flabby. Hope she won't mind I'm spending £100 on one.

Eldest son's ex has been on the phone moaning about him to me. They have a daughter and it's her 15th birthday today! It's really a rant with a lot of effing and blinding. I remain calm and point out the odd thing. She thinks he's paying out all of his money on weed and underage prostitutes, yet he's giving almost all of his money to her. He has two jobs now - he's a fully qualified scaffolder by day and a Chinese carry-out delivery driver by night. So not much spare time. It's worse when she calls at 3.30am (yes, 3.30 a.m.) to rant the same stuff.

Anyway, enough of my worries, hope you all have a great day - as I intend to do

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 1