The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

.....my sister's husband had a heart attack last week. He's only 49 and fit as a fiddle. He does however have family history. ....

That's nothing. My late friend Alistair died at the age of 46. That was over a decade ago. Massive heart attack during the Christmas holiday. He wasn't discovered for about 10 days.

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

My early morning greetings seem to have failed to post. At least it is now sunny and one package I was waiting for has arrived. The other, a suitcase small enough even to comply with Flybe's cabin luggage rules is somewhere between Basildon and here.

Tony

• Like 17

Afternoon all.

My early morning greetings seem to have failed to post. At least it is now sunny and one package I was waiting for has arrived. The other, a suitcase small enough even to comply with Flybe's cabin luggage rules is somewhere between Basildon and here.

Tony

Isn't that a wallet?

• RMweb Premium

Hope you have a great birthday Dom.

Managed to get a bit of modelling done in between finalising some details for the demo area at Warley...

now back to my accounts.....

Baz

• Like 16

Being Hallowe'en some friends decided to send the scariest pictures they could find.

One joker kindly sent a large bosomed African lady who had dispensed with the need for clothing.

Scary enough - especially as SWMBO walked in as I clicked on it.

• RMweb Gold

Isn't that a wallet?

55 * 35 ▪ 20 including handles and wheels. No more than 10kg. Our existing ones were a cm over. According to cross people on Twitter if it won't fit it doesn't fly except in the hold and it costs more than a checked bag. It isn't a huge plane, some French make I believe.

Happy Birthday, Dom! And praise or soul ointment to others.

Today we drove across France to Normandy. We had not realised that today is National Drive Like A Connard Day. Appalling traffic and poor skills, many lorries overtaking lorries and we got hit by 2 stones from a quarry truck which means another new windscreen...

But now ensconced, woodburner burning wood, fridge full. It is starting to feel more like home than England...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our trick with getting three bags between the two of us past the Squeezyjet gestapo worked both ways again over the weekend. However if it hadnt, we could have squeezed the smaller bag into the rucksack. There was a woman at the baggage scanner trying to dismantle her two kids scooters so they would go through the scanner after trying numerous ways to get them in there intact

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Our trick with getting three bags between the two of us past the Squeezyjet gestapo worked both ways again over the weekend. However if it hadnt, we could have squeezed the smaller bag into the rucksack. There was a woman at the baggage scanner trying to dismantle her two kids scooters so they would go through the scanner after trying numerous ways to get them in there intact

I am going to wear my "big" coat when we fly on Friday. It has lots of pockets! Unlike some of the other budget airlines Flybe don't let you check in weeks early. However although I have their phone app they don't charge for checking in at the desk unlike some airlines. The fare from Dublin to Southend is only £8 anyway! It costs more the other way though!

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Happy Birthday Dom

Quiet here now the kids have gone home

I can't stand trick or treat but decided to switch off Bah Humbug mode as there are a couple of families with nice kids in the road. I bought a selection of sweets and chocolate but made damn sure it was stuff I liked which is just as well because we've only had 2 callers so far from 3 doors away! I feel a midnight sweet fest coming on. :whistle:

Better news is that I've had an email from Widnes to tell me that something called a Class H has been picked and packed and can be tracked. Hmmm not yet it can't but I live in hope! Tomorrow might be a fun day.  :imsohappy:  :yes:

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

SQUEALER!

Psst. Who you calling squealer! 

post-4299-0-64261800-1509477633.jpg

Just doing my civic duty. ;)

it resulted in the gland starting to weep....

....tame builder 

I read that as "tame bladder".  :O

Happy birthday, Dom. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Annika seems to like Irish folk music!

http://youtu.be/3KuX9Lt7Agg

Matthew was in a "trad" pub in Cork. The musicians were performing in the bar, not on a stage, when a very hairy German chap wearing a leather kilt asked if he could join in. His instrument was the penny whistle. Matthew said it was a great evening.
  • Like 19

Another good day of teaching which went to plan again. Tomorrow could go horribly wrong though as two of my students are on a real site for the first time. At least I'll be with them if anything goes wrong.

My thoughts are with Debs.

Bob - Wycrail is in the diary as long as I finish early enough on Friday

Dom - Happy Birthday

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

And being something of a johnny come lately I could at least work out from earlier posts that today is Dom's birthday so many happy returns Dom.  And still thinking of Debs and some more positive and supportive vibes for her.

Halloween has been and is now cleared up - lots of very nice youngsters about so a bit of pleasure but the last lot to pass by were a rowdy ground so fortunate that we had closed by then.  I also managed to tickle the 'puter back into life this evening without the fan going bananas as it did when I (finally) got it going this morning - the fan going berserk and doing a reasonable imitation of an aircon unit on full blast also further points to an electrical problem, to wit the on/off button I think but I'll see what happens tomorrow after simply letting it put itself to sleep overnight although the box stands ready if it comes to taking it to the mender.  Anyway come what may everything - just about - is duly backed-up on the standalone drive.

More important tomorrow is a mission to purchase a new kettle as the current one has suffered a small internal collapse - which doesn't prevent it working but will lead to some challenging pouring of boiled contents.

The Good Doctor returns to see the GP on Thursday and might well get signed off fora bot longer (we hope as she's still not up to full working order) so I might well be appearing semi-mobhanded at Wycrail on Saturday.  Talking of which enjoy yourself doing some training Duncan - I always used to find it made a pleasant change from the everyday tasks although I'm not sure that having to go to Crewe every other week for a month or two was the ideal way of 'having a change'.  But it was very definitely different when I filled in fora colleague who'd gone sick in my LR days and was deputed to 'pop down' to the RH&DR for a few days to run our internal training course there - not that I'd normally recommend Romney Marsh as a November destination!

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

• Like 16