The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

GDB.....,,, main thing is it's amicable.

You wouldn't believe what I've seen and dealt with over the years, where there children end up as bargaining chips or worse.

And hopefully they will all move on and build happy lives, which at the end of the day is what it's all about.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

GDB.....,,, main thing is it's amicable.

You wouldn't believe what I've seen and dealt with over the years, where there children end up as bargaining chips or worse.

And hopefully they will all move on and build happy lives, which at the end of the day is what it's all about.

Having spent much of my working life with teenagers who seemed to choose me as someone to talk to I can believe what Neil says. Sometimes it was quite complicated. I can remember one separation where the child telling me about it wasn't actually related to either of the adults. He had been inherited from previous relationships and now seemed to be unwanted.

When I got in My company email box had 3 emails from different levels of IT telling me we are now  "implementing multi-factor authentication"  to you and me that means we'll need two passwords (password and a code) to get into the systems....

My company has embarked on two factor authentication - a requirement of our new global parent (along with a 40 day password expiration).

They have opted for a mobile 'phone app to provide the second authentication code. It goes into effect next month. I had hoped that we had left this sort of thing in the past when we stopped using the RSA SerurID hardware tokens for remote access years ago.

• RMweb Premium

Just appeared on the local TV channel .... so now star of RM, Screen and...... don't answer that!

Been busy cleaning wheels... loads of them... will probably dream wheels...

Up early to go to moreasons tomorrow before starting to get the exhibition together tomorrow.

Noted that the Oz umpires made a major faux pas in the Womens Ashes game today... Rule 1 don't just know the Laws.. Know the competitions rules!

Off to glue some couplings back on.. back later.. 

Baz

link for our news item.. its on their main page...

https://www.facebook.com/MadeInLeedstv/?hc_ref=ARTiBjiZId9txhQbiqV-O4nyUluh38cdrPGc6rdj7lg2QvVs6PkIFtz8Hs76-Cu52MM&fref=nf

updated link

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 18

Have managed the drive to St Neots safely, and had a pretty good journey. Rather wet south of Scotch Corner, but no holdups. Traffic quite heavy in places probably due to Half Term, so difficult to go much faster than 60mph. As a result, fuel economy was excellent with an average of nearby 75mpg according to the car computer. Car is a diesel Focus estate, so that figure is quite impressive.

Stopped near Peterborough on the way to visit friends and had a walk to Fotheringay, the site of the execution of Mary Queen of Scots. The ground underfoot was very dry, totally opposite to what we had left behind in Cumbria.

Visit planned tomorrow to Waddesdon Manor, a National Trust property not far from here.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Am trusting that the fragrance emanates from the volatile ingredients in the paint and not the plumbing.

No volatiles in paint here now - all water based!  The fragrance of shower gel, in a full-on shower though, is heaven after washing standing in a bowl for almost a week!

PS- water based gloss paint is awful.  Neither glossy nor paint-y, need gallons of the stuff to cover. :threaten:

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 10

Neither am I, but I did see it. Using a recent iteration of FireFox, so you should be able to see it too.

Thanks anyway, but no joy, just a big white Made in Leeds screen and asking me to sign in, :O  or sod off, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hahahha

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thanks anyway, but no joy, just a big white Made in Leeds screen and asking me to sign in, :O  or sod off, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hahahha

Andy, underneath where it says create new account if you click on Not Now you should be able to see it....I think. 

Works for me anyway.

• RMweb Premium

Have managed the drive to St Neots safely, and had a pretty good journey. Rather wet south of Scotch Corner, but no holdups. Traffic quite heavy in places probably due to Half Term, so difficult to go much faster than 60mph. As a result, fuel economy was excellent with an average of nearby 75mpg according to the car computer. Car is a diesel Focus estate, so that figure is quite impressive.

Stopped near Peterborough on the way to visit friends and had a walk to Fotheringay, the site of the execution of Mary Queen of Scots. The ground underfoot was very dry, totally opposite to what we had left behind in Cumbria.

Visit planned tomorrow to Waddesdon Manor, a National Trust property not far from here.

Waddesdon Manor is only a short distance away from the Buckingham Rail Centre (Quainton Road), if its open of course.

EDIT Open this coming Sunday for last steam session this year.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 7

Andy, underneath where it says create new account if you click on Not Now you should be able to see it....I think. 

Works for me anyway.

Yes indeed it did work, Thanks and an excellent piece Barry & Co.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Based on initial figures my weekly fuel consumption will be significantly lower than predicted.

Roughly 3 locomotives per annum lower if I keep a steady pace up. 

Hey,how much fuel does it take to sit in traffic. lol

Night all. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening All.

Like Baz - much wheel cleaning done for Hazel Grove exhibition this weekend.

Different day at work - two guys on well-deserved day off left me with sorting out lots of packing for out products - I think I've seen 2000 decoders and their packaging today......................

Also picked and packed the regular customer orders. And there was my normal work to do.

For a change there will be a POETS as it's a half day in tomorrow before heading home and loading New Bryford for Hazel Grove Ex.

Home news, it turns out that our recently acquired kitten isn't quite what we thought.

He (*) went for a pre-op to have his man bits removed in a week or two, to be informed that he doesn't have any..................

(*) Now She.

Oh well, the NB household is no longer male dominated - its 3-3 with the cats.

Have a good Friday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19