The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Back after too many days of lurking and was about to skip a few pages when I backpaged just enough to pick up the news from Debs and Neil - I have expressed my thoughts for Debs on Facebook, as here and FB are our only points of contact - my post was well down a huge list of others, and some familiar names were there well before me.  Neil, I have no other place to pass on my condolences, and I agree with your sentiments about a loss at an early age. 

I'm now off to Norfolk for a few days - Q, I will possibly pass you in traffic somewhere.  Hope to see what has been done to my once much beloved home, which has been vandalised by a recent owner, and which I did mention here some time ago.  I'll take my camera with me (for once) and will record what I see for posterity.  Then it's a visit to the antique fair, and home on Sunday.

Sorry for the extended absence, and for once, it was a quite serious issue.  I must try harder.

Back next week.

Regards to All

Stewart

The NDR round Norwich from Taverham to the A140 Cromer road will open on Nov 11th, the rest hasn't got a set date yet.

There are roadworks at the Saddlebow roundabout (Kings Lynn) overbridges A47 / A148 as a lorry hit the bridges.

Enjoy your trip

Q

• RMweb Premium

The NDR round Norwich from Taverham to the A140 Cromer road will open on Nov 11th, the rest hasn't got a set date yet.

There are roadworks at the Saddlebow roundabout (Kings Lynn) overbridges A47 / A148 as a lorry hit the bridges.

Enjoy your trip

Q

Cheers Q.  Our trip is based on stopping at the Thickthorne Travelodge, with most of the driving to the South of Norwich, which is where we lived, and to Wymondham and its surrounds.  I think that we'll just have to take our chances on what roadworks we're going to encounter.  For the visit to Norwich itself, we plan to use the Park and Ride from Thickthorne to the city and back, as I can leave the car at the lodge, and use my grumpy pass on the bus.

Thanks for the heads up there.  Shame that every minute of our time appears to be accounted for, as a nice RMWeb pint would have been great.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Slept quite well last night despite the cold which is still lingering but nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday. Despite sleeping well I still feel tired so I might just go and lie down for a nap.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah. Coffee. The morning becomes more civilised hereafter. Extricating SWMBO from the bed was a challenge this morning as it was dark outside and she advised me of a headache inside. After I provided breakfast-with-Nurofen she has reluctantly gone on her way.

Domestic Engineering is called for as we expect some visits in the next 48 hours for which a clean, tidy abode well supplied with chocolate biscuits is required. Once that has been accomplished I may be allowed out to play.

Best wishes to all. Debs and Neil still uppermost in my thoughts

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I fell over yesterday. I was pulling down some plants that Aditi couldn't reach when they came away from the fence suddenly. Half way to the ground my ribs connected with the spade handle and then I hit the ground. I thought perhaps a trip to the minor injuries unit was required but thought Nurofen gel and paracetamol would do the job. A nights sleep seems to have very worked well. If ever you get an urge to swing on vines like Tarzan may I suggest make sure they are not Passion fruit plants.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Q.  Our trip is based on stopping at the Thickthorne Travelodge, with most of the driving to the South of Norwich, which is where we lived, and to Wymondham and its surrounds.  I think that we'll just have to take our chances on what roadworks we're going to encounter.  For the visit to Norwich itself, we plan to use the Park and Ride from Thickthorne to the city and back, as I can leave the car at the lodge, and use my grumpy pass on the bus.

Thanks for the heads up there.  Shame that every minute of our time appears to be accounted for, as a nice RMWeb pint would have been great.

Yes would have been nice to meet up,

There are road works planned for Thickthorn, they are going to completely rebuild the junction with slip roads coming of off the A11 direct to the A47 GY bound,  Avoiding the roundabout. But...

you're Ok this year they are not going to happen until 2020 or 2021....

Just a had a piece of test equipment emit smoke.... :O  Not good, a secondhand one is 32 thousand dollars (I don't know the price for a new one) :O

Luckily not my fault :sungum: , it's off for repair, which also won't be cheap...

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

so far today.. dcc sound fitted locos 0 Baz 2.... a result...

now to continue in the preparations for our show at the weekend...

Positive thoughts to all in need.

Baz

• Like 12

It is chuckinitdarn here. Pah!

Things to do, places to go, people to see.....

C u later

Baz

You're lucky, it was salling down here at 5.00am. My bladder clock told me that.

"Things to do, places to go, people to see, trouble to cause." 

​I've just received the message I half wanted to receive. That is the half which told me my Morris Minor was ready for collection. The other half told me how much (extra) I will have to pay!!

"How much?"

....​I've just received the message I half wanted to receive. That is the half which told me my Morris Minor was ready for collection. The other half told me how much (extra) I will have to pay!!

"How much?"

I seem to recall you needed an entire floorpan to avoid the Fred Flintstone effect.

So go on, how much was the damage in the end?

• Like 9

I seem to recall you needed an entire floorpan to avoid the Fred Flintstone effect.

So go on, how much was the damage in the end?

Guilty as charged. Also when the "kick plates" where removed there was nothing much inside.

Anyone want to buy a Citroen Berlingo van? Perfect for layout transportation. 

That has to go anyway but now it has to go to make up the balance of the thick end of £800.

Edited by Judge Dread

• RMweb Gold

:swoon:

I'm not in the market for a Berlingo, having already brought home a Citroen at the weekend, thanks.

Perhaps you could employ someone to follow with the Berlingo as a support vehicle. Do the AA (other services etc...) come out for vehicles over a certain age?
  • Like 1

Many thanks to those that took the time ot message or post and those that have given support, it really IS appreciated.

Saw Ian's son (25) and partner yesterday, who are as shocked and dazed as can be.

For once, I really was stuck for words, but sometimes no words are appropriate, but they knew...........

I had forgotten to get Model Rail, especially as its the 20th birthday special, and I was both amazed and delighted to find Carrick Road had been picked to be amongst the top 20 layouts that have appeared over the last 20 years.

Of course I am not naïve (or arrogant) enough to think it is, but on a cloudy day, it certainly lifted spirits.

One funny anecdote....... was when Ian (a driver of many years) and a plod pal (a volunteer signalman on the SDR) were arguing over the correct placement of signals.........

Resulting in them being held in place by 'invisible' blobs of blue tack for many years, as inevitably, when one of them visited.....the signals would end up being moved!

I have a 7mm Springside Pannier which Ian asked me to build for him.......guess its time to get on with it.

Perhaps you could employ someone to follow with the Berlingo as a support vehicle. Do the AA (other services etc...) come out for vehicles over a certain age?

Thanks for that vote of confidence in technologie créative. It actually covered the 126 mile journey south with no particular problems, although my co-driver (a semi-retired heating systems engineer/plumber who owns and runs a '50s MG TF) did stop to check the bonnet lid because he thought it was going to open of its own accord at 60mph. Anyhow, he thinks the ride quality is possibly the smoothest he's ever tried, plus he says the seats are like armchairs (which is surely the whole point of the car).

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

A-gardening I have been. The grass has been cut and I've murdered  pruned reduced in size a couple of large shrubs. Only time will tell if I've actually caused terminal damage.  :scratchhead:

With my track record and not so green fingers anything is possible. :butcher:  

Tea and biscuits next and then I may go and play with some small wheeled toys. :locomotive:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

...he thinks the ride quality is possibly the smoothest he's ever tried, plus he says the seats are like armchairs (which is surely the whole point of the car).[/font][/size][/color]

I was initially attracted to the Freelander because of the seats. For me they were so comfortable. I was given an a lift back from Golders Green Crematorium in one once and was most impressed.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Blimey! My gob is well and truly smacked. On Wednesday last week I took my passport renewal application to the Post Office. Just been out to the porch and found my new passport lying there on the mat.

Is this some kind of record?

No.

A passport is rectangular. Records are normally circular.

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  Odd day at work, started slow but ended up quite busy enough, thanks.  Learning some interwebby site stuff from the IT manager too, to help him out.  We are all multi-taskers at Trackshack.

The plumber showed and finished his jobs, so all the hardware is sorted now - Mrs H weilding paintbrushes now (I'm not allowed to paint, I make too much mess) I have one electrical job to finish when its light, and that just leaves new flooring.  We have already changed 'our' mind three times about that....

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

First day at the new place d'emploi went very well. Nice and friendly team. 

I'm going to see if I can log on to this site using my phone in due course - it'll be difficult keeping up unless I spend a few minutes at lunchtime!

Neil, I'm sure Carrick Road would be in many people's top 20. 

• Like 19