The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

It is fast approaching that time of the evening when a glass may reasonably be raised.  This glass shall be in memory of John - Passepartout - and to offer strength, courage and a light in dark places to Debs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It is fast approaching that time of the evening when a glass may reasonably be raised.  This glass shall be in memory of John - Passepartout - and to offer strength, courage and a light in dark places to Debs.

That I shall do as well, and one more to all our dear who may have departed but still shine bright in memory.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

My thoughts have been passed to Debs in another place - so sad.  'Other Neil' too - having suffered such a loss of  my best friend three years ago, it hurts.  He was 53 too.

No plumber today either, and Mrs H has some awful stuff going on - what a year this has been.  I want to get off.

• RMweb Gold

Quick break whilst the dancing programme is on. Three rugby matches watched and one to go but there is some motor racing to see first.  Currently drinking Sainsbury's House Plonk Shiraz which I rather like.

My wallet is also going to get a going over because apart from the toys on order we've just booked another cruise for next year.

More plonk needed!  :drinks:

P!ss Head.   :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

Another dull and dreary day here, rained again this morning but I think someone was looking down on Sheila this morning, as she missed the rain on her walk to and from her Zumba class!

Today more work has been done on Max's train layout, tomorrow I can fit the final pieces of track to this board. Then it's just up end it and start to solder all the connections up underneath.

Debs. Sorry for your lose.

Neil. Sorry for your lose too!

Goodnight all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

I just found myself looking at a poem which I’m sure you will all know, with these lines probably summing up this Monday in a sense:

Though lovers be lost love shall not;

And death shall have no dominion.

Night, everyone...

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still dark and a mild 14oC. A dull and cloudy start with some drizzle is forecast with one or two brighter spells later and it will be breezy but warm.

The Boss has been deposited at work and is another week nearer retirement. Half-term holidays here so no kids after school this week.

Apart from collecting Herself from work later no firm plans have been made for today.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Here,

A poor nights sleep but I think a total of 6 hours in the end.

Not a lot to say.

I hope we all have a better day today..

Time too...  catch up with work...

Morning all, just caught up with things here, and also pass my condolences to Debs.

Raining again here this morning, as it did for long parts of yesterday, despite the forecast saying that it would clear up later. It did enable me to finally complete the track laying on the layout. Now to start the control panel and wiring up.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Stomach seems to have settled down a bit. My GP said she had noticed a spike in intestinal infections since last week, so there might be something going round. It's becoming that time of year, most certainly, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I've taken to using disinfecting agent rather than just washing hands at work a long time ago, where available, that is.  You never know what your work mates or passengers aboard may have had contact with, after all. I'll also make sure to get a flu jab once the stomach thing has passed.

May this day be free of incident. I'm sending thoughts to anyone in need, just to be sure.

Later…

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Back after too many days of lurking and was about to skip a few pages when I backpaged just enough to pick up the news from Debs and Neil - I have expressed my thoughts for Debs on Facebook, as here and FB are our only points of contact - my post was well down a huge list of others, and some familiar names were there well before me.  Neil, I have no other place to pass on my condolences, and I agree with your sentiments about a loss at an early age. 

I'm now off to Norfolk for a few days - Q, I will possibly pass you in traffic somewhere.  Hope to see what has been done to my once much beloved home, which has been vandalised by a recent owner, and which I did mention here some time ago.  I'll take my camera with me (for once) and will record what I see for posterity.  Then it's a visit to the antique fair, and home on Sunday.

Sorry for the extended absence, and for once, it was a quite serious issue.  I must try harder.

Back next week.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1