The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good afternoon all,

I have returned from the Deep South, well Angmering & Littlehampton actually..

Next time you venture thus, I'd be happy to met with you, probably at a certain emporium adjacent to Ford Railway Station and even possibly partake of some refreshment in LA!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon inner temple here.

Yesterday's dinner was interesting, so interesting it didn't happen, I got the day wrong it's next week, luckily I checked the club website before we got ready and set off.

Today I took Ben the Border Collie down to the sailing club, to see the start of the first race of the season. I must admit I was surprised to see it go, the wind was strong and gusty.

Not unexpectedly the entry was low and there were several withdrawals. Most of the bigger sailed boats were heavily reefed. I suspect most will have finished now as those that survived will have gone round the 20 mile course very rapidly if somewhat unpleasantly in the constant drizzle.

It's getting very rough out there, the wind has got back up the nearest weather station is showing 45mph and rain is increasing.

Ben enjoyed his visit very much lots of cuddles, plus lots of bits of bacon butty given to him.

We're just back from Ben's long walk, drying slowly

Time too... Have a Highland Park.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Baz,

Thanks for pointing out the proximity of Hartlepool and Stockton.

Unfortunately baby sitting duties are being undertaken at present, so my attendance at any other venue other than at the back end of a pushchair would be viewed in a negative light.

Currently watching Peppa Pig!

The family departed at lunchtime.

The Obergrumpenfuhrer asked whether I could amuse myself for the afternoon as she had to sort out some work for her brother.

I pondered for a nano second, and 10 minutes later was on my way to the show at Hartlepool.

I saw Baz, but he looked up like a startled rabbit, when told him I'd escaped.  In his defence, he was rather busy at the time on Grantham.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself and as the show was beginning to wind down, operators on some of the smaller layouts were more than happy to chat about their lines rather than slavishly run trains.

Money was removed from my wallet with the 56xx and 66xx versions of the 'Pannier Papers'.

Trouble is, I've seen the publisher branching out into Prairies large and small as well as the 'big tanks'.

My wallet is going to get a right going over between now and Christmas.

LUV IT!

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Quick break whilst the dancing programme is on. Three rugby matches watched and one to go but there is some motor racing to see first.  Currently drinking Sainsbury's House Plonk Shiraz which I rather like.

My wallet is also going to get a going over because apart from the toys on order we've just booked another cruise for next year.

More plonk needed!  :drinks:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

The family departed at lunchtime.

The Obergrumpenfuhrer asked whether I could amuse myself for the afternoon as she had to sort out some work for her brother.

I pondered for a nano second, and 10 minutes later was on my way to the show at Hartlepool.

I saw Baz, but he looked up like a startled rabbit, when told him I'd escaped.  In his defence, he was rather busy at the time on Grantham.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself and as the show was beginning to wind down, operators on some of the smaller layouts were more than happy to chat about their lines rather than slavishly run trains.

Money was removed from my wallet with the 56xx and 66xx versions of the 'Pannier Papers'.

Trouble is, I've seen the publisher branching out into Prairies large and small as well as the 'big tanks'.

My wallet is going to get a right going over between now and Christmas.

LUV IT!

HH 

many apologies.. it was only after I had sorted out the mess I had landed myself in..had two minutes to collect myself did I realise that I had been visited by a HH.. many apologies!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

evening to most... so apologies to BoD, Two Sugars and HH as well as other RMwebbers and ERs... today was a very busy day on Grantham...

took a while to get it all back in the van as this van was a Vauxhall not a Ford....

Totally bushwacked but hey ho! a great weekend and now time for a Madeira before bed and then off back t put the train set up....

Baz

• Like 1

Evening all. It seems that all I can offer at present is the usual generic round of congrats, commiserations and wishes. A busy few days has kept me away from these pages so I hope that I have not missed anything of major importance.

Friday saw us break up for the half term holiday. I have been informed that there will be some changes to my timetable for the next half term which will keep things interesting. I celebrated the start of the holiday by taking my good lady out for a meal. The curry night, rearranged from the previous weekend, was very enjoyable. Sarah was then staying at her mum's afterwards ahead of the Nottingham Forest game on Saturday so I taxied her up there after our meal. The usual route was closed due to roadworks. Our detour took us past her mum's previous house. It provided memories of the times I used to drive her home when we were first going out together. 

With both my girls away I had a good lie in on Saturday morning. It was most welcome and much needed. In the evening Sarah and I shared a nice meal and a bottle of wine at home. 

Today I attended the Great Heywood Model Railway show. Amber tagged along and thoroughly enjoyed it - she needed to be dragged away from the Thomas layout because she was enjoying operating the trains. There were plenty of familiar faces in attendance including our esteemed leader, Mr York. I spent much longer there than intended and spent a small amount of money.

I had hoped to tackle some of the railway modelling jobs today - but the rest of the day was taken up by Amber who wanted me to set up her Scalextric set. Once done it was an afternoon of motor racing.

The first day of the half term week will have an early start with three of the cats due at the vets for check ups and boosters.

Best wishes all.

Andy

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from the broad acres as I'm now back from our weekend in yellowbelly land. A good day has been had and some motor racing watched. I've even managed to spend half an hour rubbing down some paintwork on the sides of my EMU where I need to get it back to raw plastic to add some missing beading.

Sleep tight all and sundry or good morning, afternoon etc to others.

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

G'night all,

And cheerio for a few days as Mrs Stationmaster and I are off to (occasionally it is forecast) sunny Devon (the eastern end) for a few days where someone is treating us to dinner on Tuesday evening.  Although not too far from Seaton/Beer I'm not at all sure if I'll get a chance to head in that direction although the attraction of Frydays chippy in Seaton might prove useful to setting an itinerary.  herself has mentioned ambitions to get down to her home town at the other end of the county so we'll see what happens.

The Good Doctor will be in charge during our absence so the cat will be instructed accordingly.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone

It's been another dull day here, but the windy weather kept me awake for part of the night, thankfully it's all died down now though.

After a brief lie-in this morning, I went downstairs and did some more work on Max's train layout. Today I've applied the preliminary layer to the rock faces and added a small amount of detail, which will be enhanced tomorrow.

Goodnight all

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

A double lossthis weekend for the Hawks.

Despite a good team performance, they lost 2-8 against the Telford Tigers tonight. Pretty obvious that they were from a higher league last year.

TBH, the scoreline wasn' a true reflection of the hard work that they put in. All the damage was done in a 0-5 middle period.

I'm sure they'll bounce back with a home game against Whitley next weekend - unfortunately, I won't be able to make as I won't get back from an exhibition until well after about half-way through the game.

Much accomplished at work today with the lift-out/test section fully fitted. Trackbed laid and track will follow soon to finally complete the office train set test track. Then it's a big push on completing the wiring, other more pressing projects permitting.

Splint removed from finger - let's see how we go tomorrow.

Have a good week folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 14

The CX is now at home, after a 126 mile journey yesterday, during which it got a fair bit of attention from occupants of other cars.

It looks so avantgarde. It also looks like there's a couple of electrical jobs I might have to do - mainly upgraded headlamp bulbs as I thought the dipped beam looked a bit p*sspoor by today's standards.

• Like 19

We're off to visit son and family in the Interior of BC later this week. Winter/snow tires are required for travel beyond the Lower Mainland between October 1 and March 31, so I put those on today. The engine antifreeze is just about life-expired, so that's being replaced tomorrow, and then we'll be all set. Rather than trying to do it in one nine and a half hour day, as can be done in summer, we'll probably stay a night on the way. I don't really fancy driving a mountain highway, with the possibility of large animals wandering about, in the dark and with the chance of icy roads.

• RMweb Premium

Back around mid-summer a staff member in the local supermarket had carelessly left the Master Plan lying about on top of a freezer cabinet. There it was, a whole folder full of papers, clearly labelled "Christmas 2017 - Shelf Layout". The exact location of every item on every shelf, every aisle. I can't understand why it didn't fall into my trolley -- in a few weeks time it would have been worth a fortune on eBay.

Martin.

• Like 3

Morning All,

Best wishes to Debs - that is all I am going to say on the matter because I don't think we need to descend into an argument about social media.  This isn't the time or the place.

It is a rather gloomy autumnal morning in this part of the world - and quite a lot colder than it has been so far this year.

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...