The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Carrying on with the toilet theme my family were round for a birthday meal last night, my eldest daughter never fails to find something humorous to give me for my birthday, fathers day, etc,

here is her latest present.

attachicon.gifWP_20170920_12_22_30_Pro.jpg attachicon.gifWP_20170920_12_22_15_Pro.jpg

As for slugs my SWMBO wages war with them with vengeance there is always a large box of slug pellets on her shelf in the garage.

only 10?

Morning all from Estuary-Land. It appears I have a similar problem as ChrisF, only the perpetrator is a bit slower. I come down this morning to find a slime trail on the living room carpet which must mean that there is a slug or snail in the house. Problem is finding it as the trail appears and disappears in the middle of the carpet. The only way to catch it is to find it in the open, at least it won't disappear as quickly as a mouse. I can only assume that I accidently bought it into the house on my shoes or it sneaked in during the recent building work. Thats it for now, be back later.

mix a bit of salt with some carpet deodoriser powder (shake n vac etc) leave it on overnight. That will do the trick. 

• RMweb Gold

Massive, marauding molluscs. :O

......but as "they have been found eating dead mice, dog mess and even each other", it may not all be bad news. :mosking:

I believe the Anglo Spanish hybrid slug has superpowers too!

I was first made aware of the giant Spanish slug about 30 years ago in the far South of Ireland. There was a roadsign warning of slugs crossing. They were reputed to be descended from slugs from Spanish Armada shipwrecks.

David...David......

Sorry Wayne, I'd prefer some Pinotage.

:mosking: I tried {upon a recommendation} using beer as a slug trap attractant; but feared ending up with inebriated molluscs wandering the area with traffic cones on their heads, urinating in telephone boxes and picking fights with local snails; who clearly haven`t yet drunk themselves into homelessness! :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

:mosking: I tried {upon a recommendation} using beer as a slug trap attractant; but feared ending up with inebriated molluscs wandering the area with traffic cones on their heads, urinating in telephone boxes and picking fights with local snails; who clearly haven`t yet drunk themselves into homelessness! :laugh:

Modern slugs probably prefer Prosecco.

• RMweb Gold

Aftrernoon all,

The day has duly vanished into various things of doing , well not much really I suppose although I did cook my mushrooms for lunch and we did a little bit of Tesco shopping.  the management is gradually recovering from her holiday and today joined the 'gardening buddies' to tackle a recalcitrant flower bed at the entrance to the local trading estate but she and her trug and trowel needed a lift in order to get back home (via Tesco).  

Sunny earlier but then rain threatened so the hedge was left to continue growing although both it and the oak tree need a good trim.  Remarkably the dustmen arrived today almost at the expected (but obviously late) time and on the right day - maybe someone is plotting a Council Tax increase?

• Like 11

....Remarkably the dustmen arrived today almost at the expected (but obviously late) time and on the right day ....

That's rather more than the long-suffering residents of certain parts of Birmingham, who haven't had any dustmen at all for long periods this year. Something about refusing to collect refuse whilst their Union plays awkward squad.

• RMweb Premium

Carrying on with the toilet theme my family were round for a birthday meal last night, my eldest daughter never fails to find something humorous to give me for my birthday, fathers day, etc,

here is her latest present.

attachicon.gifWP_20170920_12_22_30_Pro.jpg attachicon.gifWP_20170920_12_22_15_Pro.jpg

Only 10?

Cheers,

Mick

edit - must read all posts before replying, just in case someone has had the same thought...............

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

packages posted, more cricket "stuff" sorted, flu appointment changed, prescription to collect tomorrow, cricket watched... tea to be eaten then off to the railway club to chill out.

Baz

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

It might not be a slug that your bare feet squash. It might be something that the dog deposited.

I don't have a dog fortunately.

It probably was working it's way across the carpet when it was stood upon.  then it was walked out!

I did once step on a mouse, in my bare feet. I was in the loo having a pee when it ran across one of my feet, I stepped back in surprise and my other foot stepped on the mouse. And no it didn't affect my aim.

When I took a holiday in Barbados the hotel was a series of bungalows within a tropical garden. The slugs were attracted to the cooler (air conditioned) bungalows at night and you soon got used to looking first before you jumped out of bed. The slugs looked the same as the British ones except they were huge, many of them over a foot long.

HUMP day and absence for several days...

The lead up to the wedding, ferrying "stuff" around all day Saturday, a rehearsal in the evening followed by rehearsal dinner;

Jemma, me, Julie, Meagan, Trevor and my brother.

attachicon.gifRehearsal-1.jpg

Then a full day, starting at 9:45 to set up the ceremony location and reception location, before getting all sorted for the wedding;

attachicon.gifWedding-1.jpg

Following the ceremony and reception, retrieving all the reception "stuff" into a truck, getting it AND food/drinks over to a wedding party "after party" at the couples townhouse complex, and finally to bed around 10PM.

Monday and Tuesday - not sure what exactly happened there, just a flurry of activity.

Now back to "normal" and working, so hopefully can get into the normal routine and finds out what's been going on around here!

Up early enough to drive in and encounter ZERO cockwombles - YAY!

Weather was PERFECT for the wedding day, hot and humid the day before, awful rainy and chilly the following day and today we started at 18 and cloudy heading for 24

Have a good HUMP day and I'm looking forward already to rolling down into the weekend <sigh>

Ian, congrats to the happy couple