The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings one and all, day off so ........."What a spray day!"

Spent some of the night sneezing, no doubt down to flock fibres......I spent a pleasant few hours last night flocking about with Wiggoforgold.

Diddington is due to be snapped by that very nice Mr Nevard, so Alex asked me to help titivate what is an already very nice layout.

Always good to catch up and I didn't manage to zap myself with me flocking gizmo.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin‘ awl. On an early shift for a change as I want to attend a meeting tonight and need to be off work in time, just in case you’re wondering!

I suppose I don’t have any chance of properly catching up with happenings in here, so may I just congratulate and commiserate as appropriate. Time really does seem to fly when you have a baby to take care of!

Annika continues to be well, though she seems to be going through her first growth phase and has become a bit stroppy since the weekend. I do know these phases pass, but it does makes us wish we could make it a bit easier for her...

Otherwise, not too much to report on this end. It is quite autumnal this morning, however.

Cheers, folks...

• RMweb Gold

That may have to be balanced against the possibility of listeriae being fostered by the elevated temperature of the stored water and concomitant aerosol contamination from the rising {warm} vapour released during flushes. :scratchhead:

Sounds like the start of a bar room chat between David Beckham and Wayne Rooney!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Talking of footballing folk I see that one Rio Ferdinand is going to take up professional boxing. Why? The bloke is allegedly the 12th richest footballer and worth about £64million.

Having lost his wife two years ago and having 3 children to look after, is he completely bonkers? Mind you after a few punches to the head he may well end up that way.

Talking of footballing folk I see that one Rio Ferdinand is going to take up professional boxing. Why? The bloke is allegedly the 12th richest footballer and worth about £64million.

Having lost his wife two years ago and having 3 children to look after, is he completely bonkers? Mind you after a few punches to the head he may well end up that way.

Well, I suppose if you've spent much of your working life chasing after a ball, and then find yourself at a bit of a physical loose end....

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. It appears I have a similar problem as ChrisF, only the perpetrator is a bit slower. I come down this morning to find a slime trail on the living room carpet which must mean that there is a slug or snail in the house. Problem is finding it as the trail appears and disappears in the middle of the carpet. The only way to catch it is to find it in the open, at least it won't disappear as quickly as a mouse. I can only assume that I accidently bought it into the house on my shoes or it sneaked in during the recent building work. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 1

Mugatea drunk already. Tasks to day include a visit to the Doctors' to rearrange my flu jab,

Baz

We had a letter last week and have to phone to arrange ours - Letter stated M-F 9 - 5 as the ringing times - I strongly suspect that the phone has been hung up, flat on a desk for most of the first two days! I finally maaged to get through at 1650 yesterday just as I suspect the lady, with coat on, was about to disappear through the door. The same thing happened last year! If they aren't going to have somebody manning the phone at the times shown, why bother to put the times down - RANT OVER! Edited by shortliner

• RMweb Premium

Phil, walk around the house with bare feet in the dark. You will soon find the slug, it works in our garden.

Not so good if it turns out to be a snail, they seem to like my front path and its quite common to have something crunch underfoot when coming home after dark.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our doctors are doing a walk-in flu clinic Saturday mornings in October - no appointment necessary. If you already have an appointment for something else they'll (try to) "persuade" you to have it done then.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

My phonecall to the state pension people seems to have worked. I got an email from Teachers Pension yesterday telling me I had an important message on their website. This was about my new tax code. Today I received a letter from the State Pension about amounts and payment dates.

Tony

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Not so good if it turns out to be a snail, they seem to like my front path and its quite common to have something crunch underfoot when coming home after dark.

I couldn't work out what I had squashed last week (Aditi is always reminding me that walking barefoot in the garden is "unwise"). Closer inspection revealed it wasn't a slug, just a tomato that had fallen onto the path.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Hump day is upon us. There is a smell of unfresh cat about the place, which I can best describe as crunchies-with-cheese. A check for unauthorised deposits revealed nothing. He may have wind.

Converted the 4x1 metre space outside the back door from junk storage to fake-grassed garden which has gone down well with SWMBO. It looked good with the fake candles (battery powered) twinkling away after dark too. £49 well spent then.

Coffee beckons. Best wishes for your day.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all from Estuary-Land. It appears I have a similar problem as ChrisF, only the perpetrator is a bit slower. I come down this morning to find a slime trail on the living room carpet which must mean that there is a slug or snail in the house. Problem is finding it as the trail appears and disappears in the middle of the carpet. The only way to catch it is to find it in the open, at least it won't disappear as quickly as a mouse. I can only assume that I accidently bought it into the house on my shoes or it sneaked in during the recent building work. Thats it for now, be back later.

It probably was working it's way across the carpet when it was stood upon.  then it was walked out!

• RMweb Gold

It probably was working it's way across the carpet when it was stood upon. then it was walked out!

Or it was eaten by a hedgehog. Perhaps that is why we haven't seen a hedgehog in the garden for a while, they might be lurking behind sofas looking for slugs.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3

We had the same problem Found several over a period - huge things - I hate them! Bought some self-sticky copper tape from ebay and stuck it in the drip strip under the back door - that was 3 years ago and haven't had one since!

• Like 2

We had the same problem Found several over a period - huge things - I hate them! Bought some self-sticky copper tape from ebay and stuck it in the drip strip under the back door - that was 3 years ago and haven't had one since!

:no: Not much fun being a gastropod mollusc; dipsomaniacal and cuprophobic! :mosking:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

:no: Not much fun being a gastropod mollusc; dipsomaniacal and cuprophobic! :mosking:

Aditi has tried without success to keep slugs off hostas with nearly everything,including gravel, coffee grounds, and copper tape. I think nematodes may be deployed next year. We don't use slug pellets.

Tony

• Like 8

We had this problem a couple of years ago Phil, it went on for weeks until we found where the slimey little beggers were getting in... through a gap in the brickwork where the washing machine's waste pipe went through the outer wall. Soon sorted with some cement!

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Carrying on with the toilet theme my family were round for a birthday meal last night, my eldest daughter never fails to find something humorous to give me for my birthday, fathers day, etc,

here is her latest present.

post-8647-0-24733200-1505907040_thumb.jpg post-8647-0-17337700-1505907103_thumb.jpg

As for slugs my SWMBO wages war with them with vengeance there is always a large box of slug pellets on her shelf in the garage.

• Like 4