The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Well, it's been a full day, including having Frozen's greatest hits bawled at me by a 2 year old for an hour, shopping, more shopping and getting a child car seat out of the loft. And then getting the child into the seat when she didn't want to go...

It's still all cacky. Lots of tensions and bad feeling.

But still, this is us in France, where we had a great time. And if Debs doesn't mind I'll put some of Daisy's NRM pictures up later.

post-17799-0-14593500-1504811640_thumb.jpg

Well, it's been a full day, including having Frozen's greatest hits bawled at me by a 2 year old for an hour, shopping, more shopping and getting a child car seat out of the loft. And then getting the child into the seat when she didn't want to go...

It's still all cacky. Lots of tensions and bad feeling.

But still, this is us in France, where we had a great time. And if Debs doesn't mind I'll put some of Daisy's NRM pictures up later.

post-17799-0-14593500-1504811640_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

One for cricket fans here. I watched the Test highlights and when England were batting Malan hit the ball, it dropped to his feet and spun back towards the stumps. He promptly batted it away to safety. Correct me if I am wrong but does that not constitute hitting the ball twice? I am sure that players have been given out for that in the past. There was no appeal from the West Indies players. Anyway, I hope the weather is good where you are.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One for cricket fans here. I watched the Test highlights and when England were batting Malan hit the ball, it dropped to his feet and spun back towards the stumps. He promptly batted it away to safety. Correct me if I am wrong but does that not constitute hitting the ball twice? I am sure that players have been given out for that in the past. There was no appeal from the West Indies players. Anyway, I hope the weather is good where you are.

Batsman is allowed to " protect wicket" if the ball is rolling towards stumps after being played. I am sure others have a more elegant explanation.

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

That girl's going to go far, Smiffy.  The self portrait (??) also shows she is going to break hearts!

She definitely as an eye for a picture. I wish I could take photos like that.

• Like 6

Edit to add.

Just been listening to Laura Bicker on TV reporting on the hurricane in Puerto Rico. Who on earth made that woman a TV reporter ? She speaks as if a rat's crawled up her arse, got jammed and can't get out! Terrible vocabulory.

Now now, Allan. She was a local BBC Scotland reporter for a while then got the US gig; give her a break, she's young and knows her stuff. Just needs some rat poison.

Mal

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Funnily enough I am really Neil, too.   Surname is for folk to wonder about though. :scratchhead.

Just phone Track-Shack and ask to speak to "Neil......what was his surname again? ....."

Should be a detective, I should.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just phone Track-Shack and ask to speak to "Neil......what was his surname again? ....."

Should be a detective, I should.

They won't tell you....and our IoM companies register is different to the UK one so I'm not in that either! :sarcastichand:

Jane who answers most of the phone calls struggles with north-eastern accents too (despite sitting near me!) so it may be a difficult call !!!  Although if you want a 2 grand live steamer I'm your man. :friends:

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

They are allowed the 'second hit' to keep it away from the stumps to protect the wicket but it is a different matter if they try and take a run after so doing.

Edit = spelling

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

They are allowed the 'second hit' to keep it away from the stumps to protect the wicket but it is a different matter if they try and take a run after so doing.

Edit = spelling

But what if he hits it to the boundary?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Wonder how Andy's interview went....

Time will tell! Could be two or three weeks until I know. 

2 1/4 hours of questions and a written scenario-based exercise.

6 others in the mix, although they did say they would probably just phone some of them to weed them out, perhaps.

Nice company with an expanding customer base, clever people, world class products.  

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 10

No idea how the echo occurred.

These are a few of Daisy's photos, which, given that she's 8, I reckon aren't bad. The camera is a Nikon D3100 my youngest son donated to her.

attachicon.gifDSC_4269.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_3985.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4038.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4269.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4243.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4297.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4346.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4348.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_4398.jpg

And the dustbin lids:

attachicon.gif554E848F-140A-4E05-A88E-182AD88BAEE0.jpg

Where is the jealous button? That place is a pig to get halfway decent pics and she has gone and got some super shots!

I don't think a Robbie proof tennis ball exists. He peels the furry cover off, then slashes the ball into strips and will only swap the bits for a biscuit. Otherwise he will swallow them making us anxious about bowel blockages. Cocker Spaniels are supposed to be gentle creatures but he can destroy Kong toys meant for "powerful chewers". Fortunately he only destroys his toys, our shoes, furniture etc are fine.

I think I have said before, he aint daft that hound!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Cockwombles abounded today, first of all I was delayed about twenty minutes this morning as I was unable to leave my drive due to a BMW parked right across it, pillock! and then as I was approaching a mini roundabout in the correct lane for turning right the driver of a car on my left decided he wanted to turn right, only just missed him.

• RMweb Premium

if he had attempted to take a run he would, indeed, have been out hitting the ball twice. It is perfectly OK to stop the  ball hitting the stumps so long as you try not to take a run.

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

But what if he hits it to the boundary?

The batsman would be out..strange things the Laws of Cricket..42 official and one (the use of common sense) unofficial

Baz

Night to most, afternoon Pete, evening to others

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dick. Daisy looks headed to be be a very talented photographer, I wish I could take photographs as good as those!

Rick good luck with your interview tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

• Like 2