The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

'Ning

GDB I hope that back of yours is better by the week-end I'm in pain myself at the moment and was relying on you for support to help me

around the shows. :D

SWMBO won't let up I must do this that and the other  :nono: , I had a touch of GD Bobitearse at the weekend and fell off the step ladder into the .

beer fridge in the garage good news said fridge is still working but the door now is slightly dished inwards its slowed down the ballasting job

I finally got round to doing.

Must get on.  :bye:

• RMweb Premium

Didn't know this thread existed. An ideal place to air one's grumps.

Just discovered I've got an ingrowing toe nail.

Allan.

Who us?

post-15969-0-96199100-1504697401.jpg

• Like 8

Greetings all, greyish day here at LBG.

The first day of term was hectic for Mrs Lurker. An awful lack of organization seems apparent and no-one knows who is responsible for what. Added to which, some people seem to think that they are very Important and this gives them the right to talk down to other staff. 

The boys themselves seem to have coped.

Younger Lurker seems to have taken on board his ASD which was presented to him positively and knew the word in any case. The school has an autism unit to which Mrs Lurker is now attached so that actually probably helps him too. We will continue to talk to him about it gently.

In other news, our shower is failing again. Get a combi-boiler and water softener has not been a magic bullet as far as that is concerned!

Have a good day all

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from a Charente where the sun has got his hat on and has come out today. The third day that Peter and I have done nothing wrong. That state of affairs will no doubt change rapidly tomorrow when we pick the ladies up at Limoges airport. Various tasks have been accomplished and lunch has been consumed. The afternoon will see two more little jobs ticked off hopefully. One of this morning's tasks was designed to make the ladies feel at home when they get here, A new washing line.

I have been overwhelmed by the supportive messages re my step dragon on law. I will pass the sentiments on in due course.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

"Multi-award winning Metrobus" they proclaim everywhere. So you win the award for the filthiest windows on a bus so far in the 21st Century. Would it really hurt to clean them? The rest of the bus was acceptably clean inside and out but there might have been six months-worth of filth on the glass.

Thank dgoodness for customer feedback links.

Rant over. Blood pressure 115/80. Happy lunchtime

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, and it's a sunny one here today. Well, apart from the earlier cloud cover.

I tried Tony's soft-top repair tip and there's no noticeable reduction in visibility through the rear-view panel. 

Mind you, I'm not noted for cleaning the car as this doesn't seem to affect how fast it goes. 

A "Get well" card for mum has just arrived by post. The Royal Mail postmark included a message to "Sign up as an Organ Donor". I don't think they meant "church" either! 

Mind you, in the care home the calendar in reception was donated by the local funeral director. 10/10 for targeted marketing but.... :angel:

Meanwhile the patient is revolting and angling to go home. And she hasn't even seen how much the place costs each week yet, either.  :scared:

I may be back later having had my ears chewed off about my lack of frugality in organising her care.

Meanwhile the youngsters are back to school and content with their various teachers, classes etc.  

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

You may recall yesterday I said that I had been under the baseboard all day without accident. Well, this morning.............

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

The latest try out veggie sausages are distinctly better cold than they were hot - maybe Quorn should put that on the packet, something along the lines of 'Cook and allow to cool before eating'.  And a big welcome to the madster cardboard & Colron wrangler Allan Downes joining our number - I think he'll fit in very nicely among our particular brand of lunacy erudite conversation.  The weather remains reasonable and we have been to Tesco but although the prescriptions were in the various things they should result in had not resulted so we'll have to pop-in tomorrow.  Yet another cockwomble in the car park who decided to park between my car and another despite there being dozens of totally empty spaces where they could have parked alongside nobody.  

As tomorrow is faux Friday I might try to steer the management towards Waitrose in Tilehurst in order to get a cheap fill of diesel ready for the big adventure westwards at the weekend - although the weather forecast is not good I'll probably head to Swindon on the Sunday as that should avoid the busier shopping day and in any case I am being warned that 'we' might be going to the local show on Saturday.   The sheepdog trials for the show were held in July so maybe we'll be seeing sentence carried out on those found guilty but if that's not happening there will be some scurry racing to see and some nice cows and bullocks plus a few tractors and somebody selling cakes.  Actually the Good Doctor will be on a stall which will be selling cakes to support their activities - assuming Mrs Stationmaster has made at least one for that purpose.   A tenner for OFs to get in, 15 quid for grown ups - who said model railway shows are expensive?

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all. 

The Norfolk and Norwich show (farming that is) is about £25 to get in + £10 parking....

whereas our model railway show

Broadland Model Railway Club,  at Alysham, Jubilee Centre, Norwich Road, Aylsham, Norfolk NR11 6JG

7th October 2017,  10:00 to 16:00, Entry,   £4 Adults,    £3 Children,    £3 Concessions

• Like 5

HUMP day, and somewhere/somehow an entire three-day weekend past me by.... whoooosh.... wait a minute, do I get another one? Sorry mate, that was it for months :(

Generic congratulations and commiserations as needed, I'll wade back through the posts as best I can later...

Weekend barely worth recounting, myriad chores and paperwork shuffling for the pending new house purchase, various meetings with Trevor and Meagan to discuss plans for the wedding now only 10 days away :O similar amounts of cleaning of various rooms in the house for arrival of my brother a couple of days before the wedding, and that was IT!

Up early every day doing "something" and didn't dare take the time to "...waste your time on that computer..." so haven't started to look at the posts in detail.

No time for modeling, even though I'd planned at least a FULL DAY to do just that  :scared:  I'm now convinced more than ever that retirement, when it comes, doesn't exactly mean I have any chance of getting more modeling time  :jester:

Up early today (5:30) to take Jemma to the airport, a quick two day trip for her and using her car while she's gone will help with more chores, so I "volunteered" to take her <yawn>

Since Labor Day (two days ago already) marks the end of summer in the US, especially in the upper-Midwest, where we aren't supposed to have fun/summer anyway, the weather has taken a distinct FALL/AUTUMNAL turn.

Only 11 but sunny driving in, staggering amount of cockwombles panicked by the huge orb in the eastern sky bringing traffic to a halt several times on a simple drive :butcher:  :blind:  17 the expected high.

HUMP day only day two of the work week, so that's something of a blessing, over we go towards the weekend, enjoy yourselves.

Edited by Ian Abel

Didn't know this thread existed. An ideal place to air one's grumps.

Just discovered I've got an ingrowing toe nail.

Allan.

Welcome Allan. Your toenail on the other hand will have to register on his own. 

• Like 1

There are more than 160 wildfires still burning in British Columbia just now. The wind has changed once more, and smoke from those fires, and from others burning in the northern States, is covering the Lower Mainland (SW BC) again. Here's a picture taken about 11.30 this morning, on what was supposed to be an almost cloudless day:

attachicon.gifIMG_1609.JPG

I was looking at the pictures of our holiday in Canada, taken earlier this summer. You can tell which days the wind is blowing from BC to Alberta and which days it isn't. Luckily the day we did the Icefields Parkway was beautiful and clear. The day before it hadn't been, and the day after, the air in Banff was very smoky.The day we went up Kicking Horse mountain to see the Grizzly Bear was clear - still didn't see the bear though!

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Well? ...

I do hope he is!

Only a minor abrasion.

I can see the tortoises (tortii?) but keep forgetting about their solder pad thingies. They just hang there all innocent like and then leap out at you.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Welcome Allan. Your toenail on the other hand will have to register on his own. 

Funnily enough I only mentioned last week stumbling across an article that Allan wrote a while back. Well, quite a while back. RM, October 1975 to be precise. 

And up he pops. 

I wonder if I could stumble across my premium bond numbers.  :jester: