The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Happy Hippo - you haven't have you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-41161433

I have an alibi Guv, honest!

Although it is getting a bit much when you are sent pictures that Pinterest thinks you are interested in:

Yes I am interested in railways, sailing cycling and rifles, but the latest batch of cycling pictures have come through with the  riders wearing either very little or no clothes at all.

Fortunately they were all female!

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Well Sheila was undecided when she left whether to have a trim or go short, she went short, 7-8 inches shorter! She was very pleased with my place name designs and has got several to show her friends on Thursday! It will mean buying quite a bit of card, but I'm sure I can find a use for what is left over!

The rain finally stopped just before we had tea, so I put the bins out whilst it had stopped, it started again about 10 minutes later, but thankfully has now stopped.

Quite night in after tea, where we sat and caught up with a bit of recorded TV.

Time for bed I think, goodnight all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Swindon?
On the other side of Offa's Dyke for us and I have yet to get there.

This book was enlightening - secret reading when I worked in the Uni library (sneaking off to its place on the shelf when it was quiet!)
On the fireline : living and dying with wildland firefighters by Matthew Desmond, Chicago : University of Chicago Press

All dosed up so ' night all and nos da.

• Like 17

Morning All,

It is just starting to get light in this part of the world, but it is a reasonably mild morning. 

Broken cloud and 18°C is the current order of the day.

Time for a coffee!  Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

There are more than 160 wildfires still burning in British Columbia just now. The wind has changed once more, and smoke from those fires, and from others burning in the northern States, is covering the Lower Mainland (SW BC) again. Here's a picture taken about 11.30 this morning, on what was supposed to be an almost cloudless day:

post-1771-0-46823300-1504673928.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Blue sky has appeared albeit with a few clouds but a dry day with sunny periods seems to be on offer.

Only just re-surfaced as I returned to bed after taking The Boss to work. Back and hip aching like mad at the moment so I'll probably go for a walk to try to loosen up a bit.

No firm plans today apart from possibly looking at comparison sites for car insurance.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Here,

Another goodnights sleep of 6.5 hours :no:  :no: :no:  

Ben the Border collie wanted a stroll round the garden this morning... to play, he was bounding around like a lunatic, until he heard a noise off in the distance. Then he started running back towards the house, then he realised he was getting too far away from me, so he ran back to me. He kept on doing this until I hobbled back to the house...

The roads were recently made wet from above, not heavy though and it was the same all the way into work. There was much increased traffic this morning on my journey (05:55- 06:40). I suspect that this means on the way home I will be much bothered by Parent wombles and JuniorWombles on the way home. Especially by those attending the schools for the first time...

It should be a quiet day today as The Boss is away on Holiday for a couple of weeks, also the Major Equipment is on semi automatic programmes today, one lead change every 40 Minutes. That's if I can get it going, they have changed some of the security protocols, which now means that sometimes unless you can get hold of the right person you can't get the equipment running, which means there are people sitting around doing nothing waiting to get hold of that person, He doesn't come in for another hour...

Time to ... have one last attempt at getting logged into the equipment, if not I'll play on the internet for an hour... they're paying me :no:

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from Epsom. I am in transit (as opposed to in a Transit) and pausing between buses for coffee and cross ant croissant.

Things are very different here. The big green London buses are no more. Big red ones work the "green" routes 406 and 418 to Kingston. There is no longer a 408 to Croydon and Chelsham nor to Guildford. There still is a 408 but it's a poor relation. There are at least still buses to Guildford. Grubby, tatty super-annuated things that look singularly uninviting with the name Buses Excetera on the side. I am hoping Metrobus offers sonething more appealing for my trip to Crawley.

See you the other side of some very pretty scenery indeed.