The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Rained here overnight. Possibility of the umpires shuffle later on fingers crossed it stays dry.

I can't comment on withersha££d Hall. It's green with big wheels.

Test match tickets have arrived. Wooopiddooo!

I need to do some crust earning so hopefully a short game tomorrow and no Dr cket on Monday may help.

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing on Planet Earth today.

Baz

You want some too.  :punish:  :jester:

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Cloudy with slight breeze at the moment.

Nothing (that I am aware of) planned for today.

Matthew informed us yesterday that he had a Dalmatian stew for dinner. He is now in a place called Zadar.

Have a nice day.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Sipping down - it was supposed to clear earlier but the weather is running late.  Rainfall radar shows it's almost passed over now.

We are supposed to be clearing out a storage shed in the garden to fit racking and use some of the air-space inside for....more storage of 'junk'. Given both our orthopaedic disasters of the last 4 years keeping various 'aids' in the loft isn't a good idea.  We're both in line for yet more bone-mashing work over the next few years so we better keep stuff handy.  Middle age stinks, and I'm assured it only gets worse.

Mrs NHN currently out at Pilates, just think that if we hadn't interned him here, no-one would be doing that stuff! 

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Can we not just paint the copper clad green things yellow then everyone will be happy.

Simples.

I'll treat that remark with the contempt it deserves. :jester:

How can WItherslack Hall be a "proper" engine...?

It just looks like hundreds of other copper-capped 4-6-0s.............................

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

Because it is powered by coal and water and not one of those horrible lawn mowers that emits disgusting blue smoke ;-)

• RMweb Gold

How can WItherslack Hall be a "proper" engine...?

It just looks like hundreds of other copper-capped 4-6-0s.............................

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

One should be reminded that there is a very good book called 'How to make friends and influence people'.

You obviously haven't read it!

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It's been raining overnight and outside is far too wet to do anything, soooooooo, I've just been down to the workshop and retrieved all the motor and gearboxes that I assembled earlier in the year. The next step is to match them with the relevant loco kit.

I may be some time!

Back later

• Like 1

Street party in full swing here - weather forecast predicted dry and sunny so how come when I got up it was raining rods? Overcast now and the rain has stopped. Pleased to add that my lemon drizzle cake came 3rd in the baking competition!

Spent last night at my mum's - her catheter came out at 5pm and she called Careline; that call was routed to the after-hours Careline call centre in England and they called NHS24 but got hold of their Bristol centre. Meantime, Careline had called me and asked if I could go over, which I did. Mum can get a bit worried if there are any long delays. At 8pm I had a call from NHS Bristol asking if my mum was in Bristol or Edinburgh. Yes, it's Edinburgh. Eventually a district nurse arrived at 11.30pm, only 6 hours after the initial call! Anyway, because of the lateness and the festival crowds I figured it would be better to stay with her overnight. Got home at 9.30am this morning in the rain!

Book Festival this afternoon so just time for a shower before I head out; then meeting an ex-workmate for a few beers.

Have fun whatever you do

Mal

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We have just had a message from Matthew. Thanks to the wonders of modern communications Matthew seems to have found somewhere in Ireland to live while he is on holiday in Croatia. All he has told us is that it is a house share and they have a dog!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. A bit of a late riser this morning, well not that late as I had a good long soak in the bath. Had a quick look-in on Facebook, Debs has reported that John is improving but still sealed up in a sterile room, he must be bored to tears. Things for boiling water are called kettles, some are painted green and some are made entirely of brass but a brass chimney cap? Hat, coat GONE..........................

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Matthew informed us yesterday that he had a Dalmatian stew for dinner. He is now in a place called Zadar.

Have a nice day.

Tony

What!!!????

post-15969-0-86697500-1502540788.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

We have just had a message from Matthew. Thanks to the wonders of modern communications Matthew seems to have found somewhere in Ireland to live while he is on holiday in Croatia. All he has told us is that it is a house share and they have a dog!

Not more thoughts of dinner???

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well putting in the gate posts took about 5 hours in Awl, the first took an hour. The second 3 hours. Why 3 hours? Because 6 inches under the gravel I hit the foundations of the old barn. A layer of bricks then several layers of big pebbles, up to 9 inches long, bonded together with lime mortar.

I had to try to get the SDS drill bit between them and prise them out.

The gates themselves went on well, except they don't quite meet in the middle, that's the problem with trusting their diagram and not measuring it yourself. Having had a play I found I can just use some packing washers. So I'll get them on Monday, meantime there is a bit of string holding them together.

Time to inspect the eyelids before setting out for the MRC.

• RMweb Gold

SWMBO has been in a funny mood all day I wandered into the man cave and there was a pile of garden light parts sitting on the work desk, no peace for the wicked as they say. :umbrage:

• RMweb Premium

Sunny now, shed emptied, shelving units built, NHN knackered.  Mrs NHN to re-stock shed with junk.

Going out tonight with Jayne, posh curry house.  She's been a bit down this last few weeks, not sure why.  No doubt she won't share, that's half the problem. Shame, as she was doing well.

• RMweb Gold

Things for boiling water are called kettles, some are painted green and some are made entirely of brass but a brass chimney cap? Hat, coat GONE..........................

Thank goodness the GWR only used copper for their chimney caps.

Brass is soooo narrow gauge.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Quck checkin as both of us are exhausted as the cowboys who were dropping the tree left a lot of the debris which they had agreed to remove, and we had to stack it all on the front lawn and then take the branches off and dump it ourselves.  Still, that's the last work that J&M garden services will get round here as I've put the word around that they're shoddy operators, and if any local ER thinks of using them - well I'd advise against it.  We pulled a load of stuff in last night, and started on it about half seven, with the first load in the back of the car and off to the tip well before ten.  Well done us. 

Other than that, it has to be generic greetings, and an assurance that I have read, and rated every post since I was last here.  Cider o'clock is going to be early for me, and wine o'clock for 30747 is early today as a reward to ourselves.

Back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Have a nice day.

Tony

Is he in Korea?

Street party in full swing here - weather forecast predicted dry and sunny so how come when I got up it was raining rods? Overcast now and the rain has stopped. Pleased to add that my lemon drizzle cake came 3rd in the baking competition!

Spent last night at my mum's - her catheter came out at 5pm and she called Careline; that call was routed to the after-hours Careline call centre in England and they called NHS24 but got hold of their Bristol centre. Meantime, Careline had called me and asked if I could go over, which I did. Mum can get a bit worried if there are any long delays. At 8pm I had a call from NHS Bristol asking if my mum was in Bristol or Edinburgh. Yes, it's Edinburgh. Eventually a district nurse arrived at 11.30pm, only 6 hours after the initial call! Anyway, because of the lateness and the festival crowds I figured it would be better to stay with her overnight. Got home at 9.30am this morning in the rain!

Book Festival this afternoon so just time for a shower before I head out; then meeting an ex-workmate for a few beers.

Have fun whatever you do

Mal

Lorna advised me that when she arrived at Abbotsinch it was actually raining.

Gobsmacked!