The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Nice to see you on first Don - just like the "old days" :lol:

It is still very much dark around here. Quite a chilly morning, but there doesn't appear to be any frost or snow.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Feeling groggy, which I guess is no surprise after all this running around I did yesterday :lol: . I must have fallen asleep rather quickly, too. It's turned quite cold over night again... -4°, according to the outside sensor :blink: .

Have a good day everyone...

Good Morning Don et al.

Good News! I've found the secret to my 'Reaction Test' above.

It tells you to drink coffee to improve your skills after each game.

DON'T DO IT!

A coffee between each test will lead to a bloated feeling.

It may be cheating but I just have a coffee every two or three attempts.

• RMweb Premium

An early start for me on a morning where I would normally be on lates this week, Christmas Lunch behind 60163 'Tornado' on the agenda today... :D :D :D I don't like Christmas normally but in this case I will make an exception!!!

Morning all. Still mostly dark here and fairly chilly too. I installed a thermometer on my window last winter but I don't trust its readings.

Dd - I got a little jumpy on the sheep test, thought I saw one move so hit the button. The one I thought had moved didn't but I managed to spear another one to the left of the screen on 0.000 seconds.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Monday again then. How did that happen? Not much on the work agenda so I may be forced to wrap presents (if I can find where I hid them!).

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

I started the sprouts this weekend so I hope I'll be prepared this year.

You're a bit late, Tony. Current wisdom is that to be sure of getting them right, they need to go on at Whitsun.

• RMweb Gold

Lots in Morissons and in Lidl (still on stalk) here 20+ miles north of Inverness this morning!

I bought some on the stalk recently as they looked better than the loose ones. The stalked ones are those I've started for Christmas lunch. I steam them for a couple of minutes and then quickly cool them and freeze them. Just before lunch on Christmas day I steam them from frozen. This way seems to avoid any nasty taste and they don't suffer from the over cooking that may make them a wind generating vegetable. I saw an advert yesterday where Heston Blumenthal was being creative with sprouts so I suspect they will be as rare as his Christmas pudding today. Sprouts on Ebay next?

Tony

• RMweb Gold

"Lots in Morissons and in Lidl (still on stalk) here 20+ miles north of Inverness this morning!"

That a bit far to fetch a bag of sprouts.

We don't keep horses any more so I won't be buying any.

Demand for sprouts is probably why major supermarkets are suspending online service in Scotland. Perhaps Mike's post from Edinburgh started a panic?

• RMweb Premium

Man... The train just five minutes before the one I was riding home on this afternoon was affected by passenger action, requiring me to take an alternative route home as the line was closed for investigation and recovery. I bet this kind of thing was about the last which the driver would have wanted, so close to Christmas... :(

Hopefully the other guests were entertaining.

Well, what started out as a xmas meal and a social in Norwich ended up as a night out! I never knew a group of trainee teachers could be so un-pc!

That train skirt thing; how long before some chump forgets to turn it on? Or even remove it before the unit enters service?