The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Ho ho., Look, if you were an archer you would be able to hit it. Trust me.

I'm confident I would hit something. I used to have fantastic long distance vision but now, sans gegs, I can only focus on a point well beyond infinity.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

evening all. This morning was a bit chilly but come the second innings it was nice and warm. After the game I cam home, got changed and went to watch another match...I love it when it is warm and sunny!

Have a great evening!

Baz

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just spotted some flying ants emerging which usually means that a thunderstorm is likely. Capsicum powder applied liberally around from where they were emerging, a minute gap in the corner of the back door frame, time to get the sealant out. Hoping for the thunderstorm overnight to clear the air as despite the time the temperature is still a sweltering 26C.

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Well it's been a scorcher here today. Last night we had Evie stop over and this morning after breakfast we went to collect her older sister Ava and then the 4 of went to the Trafford Centre. It must be over a year since we took them both there and we were only there about an hour and a half, but the girls really enjoyed it. After that it was home for lunch, pancakes and maple syrup for me and the girls. After lunch they sat and watched a DVD, today's choice was "The Secret Garden ". Once they'd watched that and had an afternoon drink I took them home, where they immediately changed into there swimming costumes and spent the rest of the afternoon in the paddling pool.

This being the firs weekend after payday meant that it was take away weekend, chicken sali was tonight's choice, once we'd eaten that we both sat down on the sofa and a hot drink and within a couple of minutes of finishing it, we both did a bit of eyelid inspection, we only woke up a few minutes ago!

Time to open another bottle of red.

• Like 15

The town was alive to the sound of music all day today. Stick wielding, blacked up, feathered, belled, hanky wearers spent the day dancing on the Triangle. Later the Dagenham Girl Pipers marched through, well, they were wearing skirts.

Beautiful sunny day here all day, plenty of folk on the beach building sandcastles and playing in the water.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Ho ho., Look, if you were an archer you would be able to hit it. Trust me.

Who do you think you are? William Tell? :jester:*twanggggg*

I though it was Santa Claus.

Evening Awl,

Well at 08:00 I ventured outside and dug the first Barrow load of soil, trundled it down the garden, and unloaded it into the raised patio...At that point I thought it as warm, but I went and got another one..

At that point I decided it was too warm, so I went into the mobile home and turned the AC on cool. It not often on that setting, it lives on heat normally.

I need to build a shelf for the mobile home, so started on that although the cutting of the wood took place outside. Being a 40 + year old mobile home things have sagged a bit. Nothing is straight, lots of adjustment required.

Then I went and moved another barrow load of soil, followed by a can of liquid anaesthetic.

Then I fitted the new rainwater down pipe and it's horizontal pipe to the future soakaway.

It's now getting very hot and my heart is pounding, time to sample the ACs efforts. 15 minutes later, I start moving another barrow load of soil when I am summoned to extract movable doggy fencing, we don't have a gate between the drive way and the road at the moment, so this will be the temporary solution to keep Ben in till he learns his limits or I get round to fitting a gate.

After completing the next barrow load more liquid anaesthetic was required. The shelf was then sanded down and undercoated.

Another barrow load moved then serious heart pounding required more anaesthetic and some eyelid inspection.

One more barrow load moved followed by walking up and down on the leveled pile of soil in the patio, an 18 stone human Wacker plate.

15:00 this is too ******** hot, pack up and head for the house where it's only 24C inside

Now I'm lying with a headache in the heat, evening pills taken,

The only definates tomorrow are to top coat the shelf and install some wall brackets for it. Then refit a light in the mobile home bed room. Whether or not the concrete mixer gets some action depends on how I feel.

Time to... Read a book until sleep occurs.

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

Wow, wot a scorcher.  Yes, even on Fraggle Rock.  Wind until mid afternoon which suddenly stopped, and temperatures soared.  Ran a few trains (shh) in the garden, then we sat in our waiting room with beers and ciders until late-ish.

Today is the 'Parish Walk' here = walk around the rock and touch the door of each parish church in 24 hours.  85 miles.....nutters.  There are in the region of 1500 entries, and quite a few finish. Such weather is not good for them, but record walks appear to be on. 

http://www.parishwalk.com/

• Like 10

Can you not get propane in Minnesota?  :)

Burglar! Woke up feeling as if I'd just stepped off a boat. Must be some sort of inner ear problem. Horizontal movement is fine, but vertical movement, e.g. on stairs or standing up, is really strange. Torri and Shona might have to exercise themselves in the front garden weeds.

Ah yes, expected someone would ask/comment...

Reality, such as it is, is that the entire family "prefer" natural charcoal grilling - if indeed that's what it turns out to be. I'm too easy going to disagree, although the ease of a gas grill was mentioned several times in the selection process. Then again, I probably should have opted for it as I'm the silly bugger that hauls the charcoal, and cleans the ash pan/grate/grill!!

Anything for an easy life, :O  :jester: and avoiding comments like - with a charcoal grill we can add some <wood-chips of your choice> for a nice smoked flavor :scratchhead:

Right now busy working on making the ice-cream - at least the churn is electric motor driven, not a hand crank/stand there until you're TRULY bored affair.

• Like 3

....Today is the 'Parish Walk' here = walk around the rock and touch the door of each parish church in 24 hours. 85 miles.....nutters. ....

Ah, you've not tried the Pilgrims' walk up Croagh Patrick in Co. Mayo, have you? Many of the faithful do the climb barefoot. This is on a rough rock and pebble path.

ttw-misery-t-sg.jpg

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

For me, the best beaches are in Co. Mayo. Best experienced in winter, when most of the tourists have gone home. Wide, long.....and empty. And even better at night. Some of my happiest times were then.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 13

Seton Carew today manged 28 c . . . or. to put it another way . . Too ####ing Hot! ! !. . . 

Still . . the sitty down fish shop had air-con, .although the car's system struggled to cope.

A good day with bother daughters and granddaughter..

Even Horden managed 27.

John

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Melt down in my home village John.... are you sure you stayed out of the sun???.  We would have been off to Moscardinis in Blackhall Rocks for a cooling ice cream. or a pint or six in the Seagull at Crimdon.(at school it was a crafty pint in the back room of the Cos on the Headland, Old Hartlepool)!

Neil - yep the sea was warmer in my youth BUT Whitley Bay outdoor swimming pool was the coldest water in the World!  You had to jump in quick or go down the water slide else you wouldn't go in.

Good days back then and no worries for children wandering around.

Sleep well all!

Baz

• Like 15