The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

American forecasters are predicting that the "blocking high" over Greenland will be on the move by this Thursday.

We've had some delightful weather though it has been quite cold and windy - and expected to get colder tomorrow (it's not very cold in the overall view of things. Winter does not officially start until December 22nd in the northern hemisphere and we get a period, guarenteed, at the crux of January /February when the temperature does not get above freezing - sometimes the high is only 24f - for at least two weeks, that's cold enough for me).

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Will need to get ready to leave soon enough, but I did want to say hi before ;) . Slightly above zero this morning, but there doesn't seem to have been any of that freezing rain around here yet. Touch wood...

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

-2C with some mist, my wife is trying to decide whether to drive or go on the train. There are delays due to overhead line equipment on the railway and delays on the road due to accidents in the road works.

Tony

A late good morning from me. Having been "retired" for two months already, I am still an early riser, getting up at around 5:30 but have got out of the habit of logging on here. So wishing you all a happy new week.

We've got out Summer South Easter blowing at about 50 kph, so not very pleasant outside.

I spent an hour catching up with Gordon's Eastcote but haven't yet found Dd's Wittering or Jam's Calshot or BoD's new layout.

Lot's of catching up still to do.

Glad that Phil is back on his feet but sorry that Stewart is still incapacitated

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Thanks for the good wishes Don.

Cold here this morning, but the forecast is for more the same, then a rapid return to Atlantic weather on Thursday with heavy rain and a temperature of PLUS eight predicted for Friday. We'll see.

just had a parcel containing the crampons - they'll come in handy for the next time by the loks of things - at least I've got them now.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Almost all the snow has gone but it was still -3 when I walked the dog at 8 this morning. Lots of things to do today few of which are work related. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I guess I then really shouldn't tell you that we have almost +3° right now, Mick... :lol:

We were forecast to be 3C this afternoon, however Southend Airport is reporting -1C, freezing fog, and I think that is an accurate description of my road as well!

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all

-6C when I went to work this morning. -4.5C when I left at 4:00pm. I don't know what happened in-between.

Don: I'm afraid the new layout is still at the point and baseboard building stage. So nothing new to report which may explain why you can't find it. t seems to be going very slowly. If I can save up for some point motors I 'might' get some track laid over Xmas.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Back to college after two days off of snow and it's nice to be around my friends again - it gets a bit boring in the village as I guess that the average age of people here is probably around the 50 mark! laugh.gif

Don: Hope you are enjoying your retirement and have loads to be getting on with to keep you going.

In case you still haven't found my blog it is here: Calshot. I'm presently trying to get all these little niggles sorted and make the layout easier to transport.

• RMweb Gold

One good thing about the Christmas season are mandarins - loving the things! :)

How about satsumas and clementines? My wife consumes rather a lot of small orange fruit all through the year.

• RMweb Gold

Although it is cold here and hasn't thawed we haven't had any more snow unlike Scotland. My Twitter page has a comment from ER poster Mike (sixoh8sixoh) that he isn't moving much at present on the M74. Sounds very unpleasant.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

How about satsumas and clementines?

Yes, I was meaning to include these as well :) .

Morning all - dark, but not freezing right now. Precipitation has been forecast for the next several days, which is said to turn into snow again by the end of the week.

On another note: We'll be off to Leipzig again for a few days between Christmas and New Year - train tickets are booked already.

See you later... ;)

Morning All,

It is a truly revolting morning here - around 0°C with wet, sleety snow falling. Strangely enough, it is actually warmer in the South of Germany than the North today. I am more or less located on the cold/warm boundary, so it is a bit uncertain what the weather will do.

Have a good day everyone...

Morning indeed... Being up early, ready (or not, but that's not the point!) for a university exam, and the temperature's a positively balmy -13°C (9°F) here in Edinburgh... Admittedly, the exams scheduled for Monday were postponed, simply because the university was unable to get the vans with chairs, tables and answer booklets to the exam venues through the snow over the weekend - there's a good foot of snow just lying around where the ploughs haven't been able to get. Getting around is fun, although at least the buses have started running (mostly) again...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dry, cold but there doesn't appear to be any fog/mist about here this morning. The weather forecast suggested that if the freezing fog was absent, it could get up to about 3C today.

Tony