The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I've just launched my response to the South Eastern franchise consultation. And an e-mail to my PPC about railway nationalision; as you may have expected, I don't support the party line. A couple of hours' relaxation before my final Christian Aid collection. I may just do some German homework on the Präteritum tense.

Happy birthday Sherry and keep well all, Bill

• RMweb Premium

It sounded like some slight of hand getting a deviation of over 6 ppm as ok because it was within 4.2ppm of the allowable deviation of 0.1 ppm. But hey what do I know.

Don

That's because the measured deviation (6.6ppm) has to be with in 4.2 ppm of the predicted deviation (5ppm).

The 0.1 ppm standard deviation is a measure of the difference between any of the 20 measurements taken, 10 forward current, 10 reverse current to produce these results..

• Like 1

All banking and associated tasks have been successful for a change and the last bit of baking is due to come out of the oven in 40 minutes.

Not bad for a day off.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

All banking and associated tasks have been successful for a change and the last bit of baking is due to come out of the oven in 40 minutes.

Not bad for a day off.

Remember which one has the "N" in it or it could be expensive
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Back from John's funeral and what a good one it was (if a funeral can be classed as good)  As suspected it was standing room only with people overflowing outside. Splendid tributes from his eldest daughter and eldest granddaughter who just about held it together and an excellent eulogy from the vicar. (Coming from a very non religious me that is a huge compliment)  Afterwards we drove to a localish golf club and partook of a splendid spread and quite a lot glasses were raised in honour. Only one small one by me as I was driving but I'm going to toast him a few times now I'm home. He was an all round good guy who we've known and been friends with for about twenty five years. His family and ours are as close as you can be without being related. More so in some ways perhaps.

RIP John ("Jock") Weir.

Edited by grandadbob

• RMweb Premium

Happy belated Birthday Sherry! Hope it has been a nice day!

Here at Oliver towers we have had a visit from our Financial Adviser (great outcome) and one from Youngest Herbert - who had forgotten that its Eldest Herbert's birthday next week.

Chish and fips consumed for tea and now for a bottle of Ilkey Brewery Mary Christmas.. better late than never!

Have a great night everyone.

Baz

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Elsa and I have got rid of the rest of the family.  The Obergrumpenfuhrer to a Girlguiding residential training weekend. and the PH to a maintenance weekend at the Scout Association's Cornel centre near Llanwrst.

The list of 'to does' stretches across the conservatory and into the sitting room.

Having stripped out the downstairs cloakroom this afternoon in preparation for the professional refurbishment on Monday/Tuesday, i have quite a bit of filling and plastering to do.

I suspect that it will be expected that I will also have fitted and hung all six new downstairs doors by Sunday afternoon, plus replaced the seal on the shower in the family bathroom and given the walls and ceiling a lick of paint.

The credit score if I would be able to complete this would rupture the Experian website, so it's worth a gamble.

I shall ruminate possibilities over a quartet of Scrumpy Jack cans I've stumbled across.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Elsa and I have got rid of the rest of the family.  The Obergrumpenfuhrer to a Girlguiding residential training weekend. and the PH to a maintenance weekend at the Scout Association's Cornel centre near Llanwrst.

The list of 'to does' stretches across the conservatory and into the sitting room.

Having stripped out the downstairs cloakroom this afternoon in preparation for the professional refurbishment on Monday/Tuesday, i have quite a bit of filling and plastering to do.

I suspect that it will be expected that I will also have fitted and hung all six new downstairs doors by Sunday afternoon, plus replaced the seal on the shower in the family bathroom and given the walls and ceiling a lick of paint.

The credit score if I would be able to complete this would rupture the Experian website, so it's worth a gamble.

I shall ruminate possibilities over a quartet of Scrumpy Jack cans I've stumbled across.

When Aditi goes away ( usually to stay with MiL nowadays, it used to be field trips or conferences) I am under strict instructions to take it easy, not do too much and feed myself properly.
  • Like 12

Minor POETS was achieved. However on arriving at Sainsbury's Tamworth for the weekly shop on the way home I had to wait in the car for twenty minutes as it was absolutely hammering it down and I didn't fancy swimming. It was dry in Brum and dry at home. And I drove through six inch floods in Tamworth.

• RMweb Gold

The Boss never goes away.  :banghead:

Before Aditi goes anywhere I can guarantee at some time I will be heard saying "for goodness sake, I can look after myself".

When Matthew was about two annd half years old Aditi went on a Geography field trip. He took about 3 days before asking "where's Mummy"?

Tony

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Rain seems to have stopped (for now) though earlier this evening there was a bit of thunder and lightning. The self sown poppies in the front garden are coming on in leaps and bounds since the rain though there will be a bit of weeding to be done now as well. Thats it for now, hope that those who wanted it had a POETS day, be back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Evenin' all,

Just a brief swing past to thank everyone for their advice re the shower/toilet blockage.

The problem was found mid-afternoon by my oppo who volunteered, after I reported my lack of success with plungers and augers.

He pitched up with rods etc and set to, tackling each man-hole cover throughout the property.

He was kind enough to send me photos whilst I collected my youngest.

The source of the blockage was identified and we'll be doing our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Genuinely I feel better for having had my arm down the toilet trying to sort it out myself. But rods did the trick. 

• Like 3

The self sown poppies in the front garden are coming on in leaps and bounds since the rain though there will be a bit of weeding to be done now as well. 

Yes, our gifted poppies from 2014 anniversary have just emerged again in the front garden; amazing plants, and so appropriate for remembrance.

• Like 13

Evening all, well that was a waste of time. Eleven flats, one refusal, ten out.

Discussion point. Should Maria Theresia disband the Department of International Development. Their track record is to give aid funds directly to third world governments. Instead route the funds through charities with local partnerships; I'm thinking of Oxfam, Christian Aid etc. Would probably reduce the profits of Boeing and Mercedes Benz.

Keep well all. Bill

2 week post op review today, all good and scar is brilliant apparently!

Can now drive but no biking for a little bit longer.

Hoping to start some recouperative modelling Monday, as there's only so much reading or day time tv I can cope with.

Averaging 1 Bradford Barton reminisces book a day and nearly out........

Adrian Vaughn superb trilogy is calling......,,again........

• Like 2

Mid afternoon the heavens opened and hail followed by rain did fall whilst thunder and lightning occurred.

My wife returned from an appointment and had a plaster on one toe of both feet to stop her toes rubbing on her shoes. Whilst she sat on the sofa the dog removed both plasters by very carefully chewing them off. Just got to teach him how to make an early morning cuppa now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Mid afternoon the heavens opened and hail followed by rain did fall whilst thunder and lightning occurred.

My wife returned from an appointment and had a plaster on one toe of both feet to stop her toes rubbing on her shoes. Whilst she sat on the sofa the dog removed both plasters by very carefully chewing them off. Just got to teach him how to make an early morning cuppa now.

Give the dog a break...it saved you having to chew the plasters off!

• Like 3